The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Freezes At Login Screen

_Azeizel

I've been freezing as soon as I try typing in my password, it freezes for about 5 seconds then a pop up shows up saying that Warframe has crashed. Any help would be nice. I have tried optimizing and verifying my download cache in the launcher and verifying the game files at steam. (It said 170 ish files were missing, I downloaded em and the problem continues.) My WAR number is:War-649235

*Edit: I tried verifying my game cache through Steam again, and 180 more files are missing. I am going to reinstall the game.

*Update*

After reinstalling the game, I finally logged in. I close the game after about 2 hours of playing, and shortly after I decide to do another mission. I try to login and bamn, the issue is back. I verify the files from steam again and it says that 40 files are missing. Like seriously? 

*Update*

After reinstalling the game, I finally logged in. I close the game after about 2 hours of playing, and shortly after I decide to do another mission. I try to login and bamn, the issue is back. I verify the files from steam again and it says that 40 files are missing. Like seriously? 

Don't verify files from steam, verify file from only the warframe launcher.

How come?

Because of the way we update Warframe, the launcher will usually be slightly more up-to-date than the files you grab from Steam. This basically means you're re-downloading the large parts of the game when Steam detects different files.

Please contact support by creating a ticket and attach your EE.log so we can diagnose your problem in more detail. Are you seeing the Warframe Crash Reporter and able to submit a crash, or do you only see a windows notification when it crash?