Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Idea: The Guardian.

Onite

How cool would it be to have a sentinel you could deploy, like a turret? It then gets bonuses when deployed to health, attack power, and attack speed. It latches into the ground and defends the area the best it can. Its perfect as a distraction for flanking, doing defense missions, or covering you while you hack.

I thought about having turrets as a consumable item, but that wouldnt work because they would be static and cant scale to your level, unlike sentinels.

I'd rather they just borrow the Laptop Gun from Perfect Dark on N64. Then i'd have another cool rifle to level, and the turret you're talking about ^_^

Except...You'd never get it back if you threw it somewhere, it could get destroyed, and you'd also be out of a main weapon. Its also kind of Op to have a sentinel, warframe with a secondary, and a turret all camping out all at once.

The turret thing is really best suited for the role of a sentinel to take on, i think.

Hmm, as you don't have control of senitnel abilities as of yet, perhaps an automatic one. if you're standing in the same place for more than 15 seconds without moving, it deploys. Then if you move 30m further away from it, it undeploys and teleports to your side. 

Increasing levels results in more HP upon deployment, and faster deploy/pack up time.

The other mod would be the usual "attacks enemies on sight"

Weapon: railgun moa's gun... that'd be kinda cool.

Hmm, as you don't have control of senitnel abilities as of yet, perhaps an automatic one. if you're standing in the same place for more than 15 seconds without moving, it deploys. Then if you move 30m further away from it, it undeploys and teleports to your side. 

Increasing levels results in more HP upon deployment, and faster deploy/pack up time.

The other mod would be the usual "attacks enemies on sight"

Weapon: railgun moa's gun... that'd be kinda cool.

Or you could just have a new keybind for it. Or even a crouch and use key combination. And just the use key again to pick it up. It shouldnt be tied to a skill. Also i dont want a slow firing weapon, it should be a fast firing weapon as its more suited for close quarters combat. Maybe even like a form of the grakata or something of that extent. Or even...the boar? Oh yes. That'd be amazing.

Edited by Onite

I'm just basing it on the current sentinels, as that's the most likely way it'll be implemented.

I would love keybinds, but it's doable without them. (Which is important,as keybinds haven't been implemented yet, they may decide to make more sents before they do keybinds... and besides, I personally would prefer the sentinel to be reasonably automated.)

The DethCube has a grakata, and the Boar needs relatively close range [see my Hunter]... it'd have to be one of the more mid range-esque weapons, a boltor perhaps?

I'm just basing it on the current sentinels, as that's the most likely way it'll be implemented.

I would love keybinds, but it's doable without them. (Which is important,as keybinds haven't been implemented yet, they may decide to make more sents before they do keybinds... and besides, I personally would prefer the sentinel to be reasonably automated.)

The DethCube has a grakata, and the Boar needs relatively close range [see my Hunter]... it'd have to be one of the more mid range-esque weapons, a boltor perhaps?

Actually the dethcube uses a gorgon type weapon. Automated is great except you have absolutely no control over it. Which takes away from its usefulness. If its meant to be a utility function, it should be at the tip of your fingers to execute smoothly when you need it. It shouldnt be and wouldnt work well automated to just sit on the ground randomly. Also 30m is not a great distance. This creates a pretty lame leash. You cant even be across on the same tile without it right there next to you. Which defeats part of its purpose of things like flanking and distractions. It just makes it less useful.

Cerebrate Joe has suggested sentinel commands, if they're implemented then you could deploy it with a defend command.

Fair enough, the grakata is pretty awesome.

the point of automation is that you don't have direct control over it, but you do have quite a bit of control if you know what triggers it. When they implement commands, they'd need to have automation as an option.

15 seconds is quite a while of standing and not moving. It should be enough to provide a distinct point for the Guardian to deploy.

I don't think a sentinel would last too long on it's own against a swarm of enemies if you move too far away from it. Perhaps it'd just be, when you leave the room... rather than 30m.