Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Go Back To The "old" Warframe

Jumba255

Rare mod drops are a ridiculous grind and this dramatically affects gameplay difficulty especially for newly reset accounts or newly created accounts.

I have played for a month (almost 3 hours a day) and still have not gotten a rare mod yet (after the update and have been playing on high level planets like ceres and pluto). This shouldn't be a grind but a rather easy thing to get because IMO the mods are what make the game great because they can make any gun work totally different than when it started and make the small market into a huge variety of weapons that all function differently.

The change in grineer weapons made fighting them more of a try to survive experience rather than a fun kill-fest like corpus.

I know some people like the new grineer because they are harder to beat but at least change Earth, Mercury, and Saturn back to what they were and have the harder planets have the better equipped enemies.

The market needs to change because when i had started it was fun to experiment with different weapons but now you have to grind for everything even the braton takes 22 (mercury) missions at least to obtain now. They really should revert most weapons back to credits and lower prices IMO.

I've spoken my peace and would like to know the thoughts of everyone else. 

I hate the grind as well but lets be honest, if you have played around 90 hours, you will have acquired a lot of rare mods... Maybe just not the ones you want.

Some rare mods are a complete joke though and should have their rarity changes to 'Myth'

Edited by DanPaul7

In general I think you're just looking at it too short term. If you compare what you find while ranking up a weapon to 30, it's a pretty good progression. You find plenty of mats in that time to make a new weapon to replace it, if you are bothering to loot and open lockers to at least some degree (though of course it's not always possible to loot EVERYTHING and still keep up or make it to extraction before time runs out).

I do agree with your conclusion though. The market needs more weapons, and good weapons, available for creds. The very early game experience is shunted towards grinding rather than experimenting by a lack of variety and lack of options. Even among the weapons that are available for credits some of them are very high priced compared to the 1,000-2,000 credits rewarded for an early mission.

You lost me on mods. Nothing rare is core to gameplay. I still haven't found multishot for rifle or shotgun, but I'm doing fine. Damage is uncommon and crit chance is common. All your combat rate of fire stuff like reload speed, mag size, and ammo pool are all common. Looting help from Thief's wit is common. Shields and HP are commons. That's just the gamer in you going GIMME GIMME GIMME. 

Besides the rare mods pool is kind of small right now and includes warframe abilities (Which is nonsense IMO... but I digress.). Once the rare pool is larger and has lots more mods in it, they can up drop rates on rares because as the number of options goes up the chances of getting an individual goes down. Thus more rares dropping would compensate and make people happy.

Edited by VKhaun

Mods dropped too frequently during the "golden age". I got the majority of mods in that period of time. I think the current Rare drop rate is fine, but individual drop rates need altering. I have seen countless streamline mods, but I think 1 or two sundering strike? Also no retribution/thunderbolt/master thief/handspring.

Either change it so all "rares" have equal drop rate. Or make more tiers, "ultra-rare" "uber-rare".

Also reduce the drop rate on some uncommons and increase on some commons. Hellfire needs to go.

I have a Rank 6 mastery account and yes it is easy to get everything i need to get a new gun and i already have the equipment to combat the higher level enemies for mods but i still have not found a rare mod yet and I don't need them but I liked it when the mods where more common (yes they were also too common) because i could create a completely different weapon with mods but now it seems i can just get a more powerful version that does the same job it did when i first got it. Even some of the Uncommon mods are hard to come by now that there are so many. It took 2 weeks of grinding ceres (defense + normal missions) to finally acquire it so i could make my gram a great normal attack weapon rather than just a charge attack weapon.

Oh sorry I lied I got streamline from wave 5 defense on Xini a week ago.

I had started a new account when the reset was down to see if i really wanted to reset and the enemies destroyed my excalibur as soon as i waked around a corner, it was ridiculous. (there were only about 7 of them and they got me down to 13 heath in the time it took to run back around the corner into cover). They are easy enemies when you have the gear and mods to fight them but at the beginning it is way to hard and i think it discourages new players wanting to play the game.

Also in the time i had been playing on that account I had raised my MK-1 Braton and Lato to lvl 30 but the mods and materials acquired were not enough to make a new weapon and i just had enough credits to buy the Braton because of the mods gained i did not have enough health or shield to go t any other corpus mission besides the first 3 without dying more than once.

let i be known that i haven't died on a mission in a long time and i consider myself a "good" player but the amount of damage the enemies do and the fact they they spawn behind you as well makes killing all of them rather difficult for a warframe with only a rank 2 redirection and rank 1 vitality with no damage mods.

I only agree with the rare mod grind, for example, the new mods, like thunderbolt or handspring(I think <--) and others added with previous updates, they MUST be made more accessible and especially void keys, I mean, ive played nearly 150 hours on warframe, and the way it has rewarded me has made me feel like it was a waste of my time. But don't get me wrong, I love warframe, I was addicted to it on its open beta release, but it needs to reward its F.T.P (free to play) players. Perhaps a better system for login rewards, ive seen platinum rewards on many occasions, but get Xp for a weapon (assault rifel) that I don't need nor want. Its just my opinion that a game MUST reward players for their hard work and dedication. Ofcourse I am F.T.P but if I could, I would buy platinum and contribute, but even in this case, my financial factors shouldn't affect the outcome of my argument.

I only agree with the rare mod grind, for example, the new mods, like thunderbolt or handspring(I think <--) and others added with previous updates, they MUST be made more accessible and especially void keys, I mean, ive played nearly 150 hours on warframe, and the way it has rewarded me has made me feel like it was a waste of my time. But don't get me wrong, I love warframe, I was addicted to it on its open beta release, but it needs to reward its F.T.P (free to play) players. Perhaps a better system for login rewards, ive seen platinum rewards on many occasions, but get Xp for a weapon (assault rifel) that I don't need nor want. Its just my opinion that a game MUST reward players for their hard work and dedication. Ofcourse I am F.T.P but if I could, I would buy platinum and contribute, but even in this case, my financial factors shouldn't affect the outcome of my argument.

But you get pretty much everything in game w/o the need for platinum, we can still revert back to ye old "you only buy slots, potatoes if you're impatient".

I have recieved 2 forma and 1 forma bp from daily logins, and another 3 forma bps and 1 forma from void, forma is alright drop-wise.

Mods still need to be rare, I only received Retribution literally just now, still have never got handspring or thunderbolt.

Void keys need a drop buff, agreed, only got 2 of those through playing alot.... and i mean a lot... Not so bad if you are in a decent clan, but if you are f2p and in a small clan the amount of void runs you will do is minimal...

There are no platinum rewards in the login rewards, you are mistaken. Login rewards are a nice bonus. You have a chance for decent Bps just by logging in, that's not bad.

You can still get rewarded by earning frames/weapons and farming mats for your dojo. I would like to see however a method for f2p players to gain a limited number of slots through mastery system for example. 1 slot every 2/3 ranks wouldn't be terrible, if you spent your free plat right that gives you 6/7/8 slots for free. Nice, but if you "gotta catch em all" just chip in some dosh.

That's my piece anyway.

But you get pretty much everything in game w/o the need for platinum, we can still revert back to ye old "you only buy slots, potatoes if you're impatient".

I have recieved 2 forma and 1 forma bp from daily logins, and another 3 forma bps and 1 forma from void, forma is alright drop-wise.

Mods still need to be rare, I only received Retribution literally just now, still have never got handspring or thunderbolt.

Void keys need a drop buff, agreed, only got 2 of those through playing alot.... and i mean a lot... Not so bad if you are in a decent clan, but if you are f2p and in a small clan the amount of void runs you will do is minimal...

There are no platinum rewards in the login rewards, you are mistaken. Login rewards are a nice bonus. You have a chance for decent Bps just by logging in, that's not bad.

You can still get rewarded by earning frames/weapons and farming mats for your dojo. I would like to see however a method for f2p players to gain a limited number of slots through mastery system for example. 1 slot every 2/3 ranks wouldn't be terrible, if you spent your free plat right that gives you 6/7/8 slots for free. Nice, but if you "gotta catch em all" just chip in some dosh.

That's my piece anyway.

Hail to you, golden child. Nice to know the names of those who have been stealing all the luck.

I don't mind some rare mods being rarer than others. However, those rarer mods are hidden further still behind the massive hordes of crap you get bajillions of. I get there is RNG involved, but we've already seen plenty of evidence that drop rates are absolutely terrible in this game. At least this is one of those things they actually recognise.