The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] - Priscus - Summoner Warframe

Kai

I Suggest You Read The Quest as Priscus Comes in Two Variations

CODEX: Priscus is a Warframe that excels in summoning that can provide support for him and his allies, boosting their personal offense or defense whenever necessary. 

Quest: An Old Friend

Lotus: "I just receive information that the Corpus are deploying an unusual amount of troops in the Void, Tenno, we must find out what they're planning."

------

Player will have to perform a Spy Mission in a Corpus Ship Tile Set, requiring only to extract a single Data from one of the computers. After successful extraction, Lotus will inform you that there is a target here that is vital to getting more information, transitioning the mission into a Capture. After successful capture, Lotus will then allow you to extract.

------

Lotus: "The Corpus has found traces of Priscus within the Void... Tenno, you need to track them down immediately and retrieve whatever information they have on Priscus, we cannot let them get to him."

------

The Player now has an option to start a unique Orokin Derelict Mission that mixes Crossfire with either Capture, Exterminate or Defense. Successfully finishing Capture will give the player the Priscus Helmet Blueprint. Finishing Exterminate will give Priscus Systems Blueprint and finally, Defense will give the Priscus Chassis Blueprint. Upon finishing crafting these three Blueprints, the quest will continue.

------

Lotus: "Tenno, I have found where Priscus is asleep, the Corpus has him. I need you to extract Priscus safely so we can determine what has happened to him.

------

The Player will then have to initiate another Defense Mission in a Corpus Ice Planet Tile Set. 

------

Lotus: "Priscus, he alone had won many battles until that day where he ventured out into the Void. We never heard of him since then, not until now. Ensure Priscus's safety and we might learn more of what happened.

------

Here, you will be defending a dormant Priscus covered in Infested tissues, being near Priscus will slowly drain your Health at a low rate but when out of range, the health of Priscus will slowly drain. Upon successfully defending Priscus throughout the waves, it will prompt Lotus to provide you some options.

------

Lotus: "Priscus... the Infested has gotten to him... don't worry Tenno, this Warframe was made to counteract the Infestation. Although we can restore Priscus to his former glory, what will you do Tenno?"

------

The player is then given a choice to Extract or Fight, Extracting will give the player Infested Priscus Blueprint while choosing to Fight will turn the mission into a Hijack Mission in which you must guide the dormat Priscus to safety, passing through the Corpus neutralizing lasers that will remove the player's Shields and any Buffs they have. These lasers have to be passed through three times before successfully completing the mission in which the Priscus Blueprint will be given.

Once completed, crafting either Infested Priscus or Priscus will finish the quest.

------

(Infested Priscus)

Lotus: "Be cautious when wielding Priscus, Tenno, he's powers have been slightly altered by the Infestation but it still serves the same purpose."

(Original Priscus)

Lotus: "Priscus has been restored to his former self, use his powers wisely Tenno, he used to be more than capable of fighting armies alone. Learn from his past mistakes, so that you would not suffer the same fate as the former did."

Lotus: "This is Priscus, a Master of Summoning.

Priscus is capable of calling out formidable allies from the void to your side to overcome your foes in numbers. Don't fight alone Tenno, Priscus has friends in far places."

___________________A B I L I T I E S___________________

Strength in Numbers Passive

Priscus gains additional Armor for each ally in battle while granting his allies half of the damage bonus he receives. 

• Grants +6% bonus Armor for each additional player in a cell, capping at 18% Armor in a full cell.

• Grants +4% bonus Armor for each summon or specter active, capping at 22% additional Armor.

-------

The Pack First Ability

Summons Void Wolfs to assist Priscus in attacking his enemies, capable of tackling enemies to the ground and opening them up to Finishers.

• Summons 1 / 2 / 2 / 3 Void Wolfs with 300 / 500 / 700 / 900 Health and their attacks deals 150 / 175 / 200 / 250 Slash Damage. A Void Wolf will perform a Tackle attacks deals 200 / 500 / 800 / 1,100 Finisher Damage every 5 seconds.

• Void Wolfs lasts for 30 seconds.

• Bold numbers may be affected by Power Duration and Power Strength.

-------

Gigas Second Ability

Calls forth Gigas, a large void eel-like creature that deals damage to nearby enemies and will occasionally grab multiple enemy units and gathering them in one place.

• Summons a Gigas 10 meters with 400 / 700 / 1,100 / 1,600 Health. Gigas deals 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 Impact Damage to nearby enemy units, increasing the damage by 2% for each enemy unit in contact.

• Every 12 seconds, Gigas will constrict up to 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 enemy units in one place for seconds.

• Gigas lasts for 30 seconds.

• Bold numbers may be affected by Power Duration, Power Range and Power Strength.

-------

Murder Flock - Third Ability

Priscus surrounds himself with several Void Crows that wildly attacks nearby enemies before manifesting themselves as a giant Void Crow that will attack enemies from above and will grab marked enemies and dropping them from high places.

• Deals 200 / 400 / 600 / 800 Puncture Damage to enemy units in a 10 meter radius for 6 seconds. Spawns a Void Crow with 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 20% of the damage dealt initially as Health.

• Void Crow's attacks deals 300 / 500 / 700 / 900 Puncture Damage. Marking an enemy unit (Default: G) will cause the Void Crow to grab the enemy unit and drop them, dealing up to 600 / 900 / 1,500 / 1,800 Impact Damage based on the height of the fall. This may only occur every 7 seconds.

• Void Crow lasts for 30 seconds. 

• Bold numbers may be affected Power Duration, Power Range and Power Strength.

-------

Summon Gate Fourth Ability

Priscus creates a gate beneath him, draining energy while active and also restores a portion of Energy whenever an enemy unit is killed in the Summon Gate. Active summons gains bonuses while or within radius.

• Creates a 20 meters radius around Priscus that restores 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 Energy whenever an enemy unit is killed.

• Void Wolves within the Summon Gate radius gains 20% increased Movement Speed and Attack Speed.

• If Gigas is active, he will only stay within the radius of Summon Gate and will drag constricted enemies towards the radius. Additionally, Gigas grows 2 meters in length every second while within the radius.

• If Void Crow is active, it will reduce the time it can grab enemy units by half. Additionally, whenever Void Crow grabs an enemy unit, it will drop it within the radius of Summon Gate at maximum damage regardless of height.

• If a Summon kills an enemy unit within the radius of Summon Gate, its duration is extended by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds and is healed by 20% of its maximum Health.

• Lasts for 10 seconds. 

• Bold numbers may be affected by Power Duration, Power Range and Power Strength.

Lotus: "This is Priscus, the tainted. The enduring.

Priscus's corruption has allowed him to control the a certain degree of the infestation that could help you Tenno, be wary though, his new powers comes with consequences. "

___________________A B I L I T I E S___________________

Infested Rebirth Passive

Whenever Priscus kills an enemy unit, he creates a pod that spawns an friendly Infested, occasionally spawning an Eximus Infested. Additionally, Priscus deals +1% more damage for each active friendly Infested made. 

• Grineer Units will spawn a friendly Charger. Spawning 8 Chargers will cause the next kill to spawn either a Sanguine or Parasitic Eximus Charger.

• Corpus Units will spawn a friendly Leaper. Spawning 8 Leapers will cause the next kill to spawn either a Guardian or Blitz Eximus Leaper.

• Infested Units will spawn a friendly variation of the enemy unit killed. Spawning 10 of friendly units will cause the next kill to spawn a Venomous Eximus of the Infested.

• Friendly Infested will expire after 5 seconds of not being in combat. 

• Bonus damage received caps at 50%.

-------

Tendrils First Ability

Priscus causes infested tendrils to crawl beneath the ground, dealing damage and spreading the tendrils while knocking them down into the ground.

• Deals 200 / 600 / 1,000 / 1,400 Toxic Damage.

• Travels up to 10 meters and will spread in a 8 meter radius upon reaching maximum range or hitting an enemy unit.

• Bold numbers may be affected by Power Strength and Power Range.

-------

Bane of Life Second Ability

Priscus creates a damaging line between two obstacles, dealing damage to enemy units that passes through it while healing Priscus when he passes through.

• Deals 300 / 600 / 900 / 1,100 Slash Damage and stores 12% of the damage dealt into the line.

• Up to 3 Bane of Life lines may be active at a time.

• When Priscus passes through a line, he consumes the line and is healed by the stored damage.

• Lasts for 20 seconds or until passed by Priscus.

• Bold numbers may be affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

-------

Bomber - Third Ability

Creaters a volatile Bomber Infested that detonates after a few seconds or when killed, heavily damaging enemy units in a radius.

• After 4 seconds, deals 500 / 800 / 1,200 / 1,500 Impact Damage and knocks down enemy units in a meter radius.

• Only one Bomber Infested may be active at a time.

• Players may attack the Bomber Infested early to detonate them immediately. Attacking with a weapon with Elemental Damage will infuse that Element on explosion.

-------

Overlord Fourth Ability

Priscus allows the Infested to take over temporarily, leeching life from surrounding enemy units while giving a portion to his allies.

• Grants an Aura that steals 12% / 17% / 23% / 30% of maximum Health from enemy units in a 20 meter radius every 2 seconds.

• Allies are healed by 10% of the health stolen by Priscus.

• Lasts for 10 seconds.

• Bold numbers may be affected by Power Strength, Power Duration and Power Range.

Edited by AlterDevil

So because I chose one version I'll NEVER get to play the other, don't like this idea but the concept is awesome.

How about at mission end you receive a one time use BP that makes your chosen version. Once you've built your chosen version the quest completes and you receive two more BP's that require the Lvl30 frame of the opposite version. Build time = 3days and it maintains polarities and it's Lvl (and added polarities)

Edited by Glucente

So because I chose one version I'll NEVER get to play the other, don't like this idea but the concept is awesome.

How about at mission end you receive a one time use BP that makes your chosen version. Once you've built your chosen version the quest completes and you receive two more BP's that require the Lvl30 frame of the opposite version. Build time = 3days and it maintains polarities and it's Lvl (and added polarities)

It'd be better to have a process to undergo a cleansing or contaminating of the frame via mission so that the blueprints don't glitch out or something. Besides, I'd personally like to be able to use both in a relatively short period of each other (swapping out between missions), and wouldn't mind having the ability to undertake a much harder mission/quest to acquire the second version.

Well, I suppose that's possible. Allowing players to redo the quest in their Codex to replay the last part of the mission to receive the other Blueprint,and with increased difficulty. Right now though, that's the concept I currently have and the quest to obtain him.

Strength in numbers: If I understand correctly, at any given time priscus will have max 40% extra damage dealt via weapons and abilities. This seems fair, though a little weak compared to other means of buffing damage in the game. Overall not bad, though.

Howl Pack: I like that your abilities have synergy. Other than that nothing to comment on about this ability other than maybe changing the name(it seems a bit awkward, to me). Perhaps come up w/ a proper name for each of your different summons and use that as your ability name(like you did w/ Gigas). Or maybe simplifying the name to just "Pack".

Gigas: Not bad, though it feels a bit less useful than the wolves, depending on certain variables(how big it is, how much damage it deals, how much health it has, etc)

Murder Flock: Again, perhaps a different name. Also, of the three different summons(four counting the gate), this one seems the least useful. I might suggest changing this ability to something else, probably to buff or otherwise support Priscus and his summons in some way, since making all of your abilities a different summoned creature might be a bit redundant and this version of the warframe seems to have a bit less survivability than the infested variant.

Summon Gate: Good as is, in my opinion, though in lieu of an ability to buff your summons, perhaps this ability could do it(perhaps restoring health to summons that interact w/ it or something, assuming summons have health bars)

Infested Rebirth: Again, I think it's mostly good as is, though I might question whether or not the infested units would last long enough to be useful.

Tendrils: Also fine as is, and I suspect it would have good synergy w/ bomber.

Ripline: valkyr has an ability w/ this name so I would suggest changing it to avoid confusion. Other than that, fine as is, though I'm curious whether or not it(as well as the other abilities) can be cast multiple times while active.

Bomber: Nice ability, I suspect it would synergize well w/ Tendrils

Morph: I'm going to assume you mean "steals health from enemy units and given to priscus and his allies". It'd be bad if this ability sapped health from other players(abilities that have a negative effect on the squad are frowned upon in this game, a prime example being limbo).

Quest/Acquisition: I tend to agree that frames/weapons should not be exclusive(especially if getting both "versions" requires a plat payment). There's already a fuss in the community about the war/broken war. Though the ability to replay the quest(which DE is supposedly working on implementing at some point, and should honestly be a thing for all warframe acquisition quests anyways) would make this a non-issue.

I can make a much detailed post regarding his abilities although I tend to stay away from numbers whenever possible, but it does give a much better idea of it. I'll take in the comments and change some ability names.