Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Concept Jiangshi The Hopping Cc Tank

Excubalibre

Warframe concept Jiangshi the hopping cc tank (a bit tongue in cheek)

So Im interested in undead type frames but sadly we only have Nekros who is well...themed after a necromancer

So I began looking at different types of undead and fell in love with the chinese Jiang-Shi aka the hopping vampire/corpse

A reference pictures of few

1b846fe0490fb71e5c65427b33a62463.jpg

07c3e12e0110b973ccc0dbfa4761d35e.jpg

A youtube video about a Jiangshi in action. (a bit poor quality but should work)

A wiki text about Jiangshi

A jiangshi, also known as a Chinese "hopping" vampire or zombie, is a type of reanimated corpse in Chinese legends and folklore. "Jiangshi" is read goeng-si in Cantonese, cương thi in Vietnamese, gangshi in Korean and kyonshī in Japanese. It is typically depicted as a stiff corpse dressed in official garments from the Qing Dynasty, and it moves around by hopping, with its arms outstretched. It kills living creatures to absorb their qi, or "life force", usually at night, while in the day, it rests in a coffin or hides in dark places such as caves. Jiangshi legends have inspired a genre of jiangshi films and literature in Hong Kong and East Asia.

As such the typical movement for Jiangshi is hopping around. This is of course highly ninja-like and totally lore friendly and not silly looking at all.

sarcasm

As for the actual lore justification for this type of frame? Something like this?

"Sometimes a tenno comes inches from death yet survives. These near death experiences affect a tennos psyche and they start feeling attunement for the other side.
As such the Jiangshi was constructed. A warframe tapping on the users death experience and embracing it ignoring any damage it recieves while focusing its hunger on the enemy. A corpse doesnt feel pain tenno- a corpse endures and consumes the enemy."

And since we already have 2 chinese mythology inspired frames why not add a third one?
Since everyone likes having more chinese mythology in warframe.

(heavy sarcasm)

The way I see a "corpse"or "vampire" working as a frame would be a health tank CC frame

However a Jiangshi isnt know for having a wide range of abilities so I have to extend the set a bit.

And yes. Having a frame that only hops around would be pretty boring and

(awesome)

Also having only 1 set of animations wouldnt fit into warframe.

As such I think giving the corpse a bit more bendy arms and legs is fully justified. Aka use normal frame animations for movement etc. Just give the agile/noble stances a bit more corpse like movement

As for visual appearence A chinese themed robe-ish thing similar to atlas. A helmet like a head with a cap. Featuring a "paper" on its forehead with tennobet "unlife" or "undead" on it
The helmet however should be separete from the body. Similar to limbos "hat". Reason for this in skills.

As for the gender it could be anything. But I guess since Jiangshi is in sorta Nekros' area I think JiangShi could be a female frame.

Frame visuals (text only so far)

A chinese themed "dress" for the frames lower body/loins Similar to how atlas' works. The frames helmet is a typical "warframed face" but with a clear mouthline and visible jaw and few big "teeth" Infront of the face is a cloth/paper slip with the tennobet "unlife" on it. Imo "unlife" looks better than "undead" "corpse" etc. her helmet can have either a "ponytail" (like ash p) or a sorta widened wing style "hair". And the top of the helmet looks like a chinese cap. Her hands have slightly longer claws on them.

The frames body could have a sorta soft plating on arms and shoulders to emphasis the tanky nature of her. other than that average build I guess.

Im no artist so no reference to this. I might put some Jiangshi images I find over the internet.

STATS

These propably need some fine tuning

Health 200 rank 1   500 at 30
Shields 50 rank 1   150 at 30
Shield Recharge 17.5
Armor 250
Sprint 0,95
Power 100 something like 150 at 30?

notes: the emphasis on the stats is health and armor due to the frames tanky design. Maxed vitality will give her 2200 health and with vigor she will have a whopping 2850 health.

SKILLS

Passive "Qi - Life force"

Jiangshi has a small rejuvenation effect for herself 0.1 - 0.4 heal rate  this means its slightly worse than unranked Rejuvenation which is at 0.5

Alt or bonus passive. "insert name here"

when ever Jiangshi takes 1% health damage her armor is increased by 1%  (capped at 8% armor increase) Could be a bit op in low level missions.
Alternative would be damage increase...which would prob be op.

1  "Eviscerate/Devour"

Jiangshi swipes in front of her with her claws in a wide arc.

Dealing mainly slash damage. (Damage 25-100 maxed base. 1%- 5%  added damage from Jiangshis TOTAL health) The ability will have a chance to leave a bleed proc on the enemy. (10%- 30% max)
casting the ability again within a certain time period (0.5 sec - 1.5 sec) will make Jiangshi bite the target enemy. (same damage but no proc chance) If they have a bleed proc Jiangshi will devour them restoring (5%-10% max health)

notes:

The health restoring part could be changed to only if she kills the enemy. Also the bleed proc could be a bit op so alts would be good. The added damage potential doesnt seem at first like much. However it synergises with JiangShis high HP and her 3rd ability. Also note that when JiangShi has low hp this skill will do lower damage

Augment "Freezing Hunger"

- Enemies killed release also a cold proc. Also now restores Health and shields (by same amount as before).

2 "Dullahan"

Jiangshi tosses her head on the ground as a totem. The head shrieks terrifying the enemies in a small radius. (1m-3m maxed) for few seconds (5-10 maxed) The head will shriek again after few seconds (5 seconds) Jiangshi will be able to toss additional heads per level (Max 3)

notes:

This ability is Jiangshis main CC tool. The idea is that the heads will provide a quick way to control the enemy tides but in a compact enough area that they wont become "too effective". This skill is a bit separete from the "health tank" idea I admit.

Augment: "Volatile Head"

- Dullahan now explodes after its last shriek dealing blast proc.

3 "Dead Flesh"

Jiangshi buffs her health beyond what it normally would be (similar to shield overcharge) (10%-30% max) however this health will start falling down after a while. A percent of overhealth damage taken will go straightly to JiangShis actual health (60%-45% max)

notes:

I had hard time thinking a 3rd skill for her. Since I sorta wanted to have a self buff that would scale with her abilities. Also % health buffs are realy iffy on her due to the scaling with mods etc.

Augment: "Shared Flesh"

Dead Flesh gives when casted allies in range (3m - 6m maxed) a flat overhealth buff of (100-300)

4 "Rigor Mortis"

Jiangshi's body stiffens forcing her to hop around.(basic movement turns into short hopping) During this time her skills can be used normally. However weapons cannot be used. Jiangshi receives a heavy impact effect on her hops during this time.
Also she gains an aoe (1m-3 maxed) health vampire effect (1% total health absorb from enemies 3% max per 3 sec) Rigor Mortis drains energy (5 - 2 maxed) per second

notes:

This is the more humorous part. The hopping around arms stretched is iconic to the jiangshi mythos. I wanted to give her a reason to go into it tho. As a health regeneration CC move I think its usefull/fun enough. However it might not have the same type of "glamour" as other "ultimates"
However I admit it does look a bit goofy.

Augment: "Rigorous Mortis"

Rigor Mortis hops now leave a frozen cloud after giving enemies caught in it a cold proc. Rigor Mortis also now boosts your other abilities damage by "1%-5% max" could be a bit too op could just drop added damage

SKILL VISUALS  LATER

Nothing here yet

OTHER STUFF

ANIMATIONS AND VISUALS (text only)

Noble animation stance

Jiangshi stands her arms on the side. She then stretches them on the side. Then infront of her. (typical strethced out zombie) After a moment she puts them together infront of her head ornament slowly lowering them. Afterwards she slowly resumes her idle postition.

Agile animation stance

Jiangshi is standing lower her knees in a hunched  position. Her arms are lifelessly on the side. Her head starts to slowly spin around (imagine exorcist) Then she slightly nudges her upper body on left then right tilting the head slightly. Afterwards she puts her head straight with her arms. Then assumes the idle position.

Edited by Excubalibre