The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember, Frost, Ash And Excalibur Builds.

FuzzyMango

Question

Hello,

I was wondering what kind of builds are floating around for these 4 frames? I've been using and testing other builds from a ton of source's but I can't seem to find which one suits me the most.

Comment down below the builds you guys have been using. 

It may help fellow players in the future! 

2 answers to this question

Quoting myself from another thread here

Give me a sec, I'll upload my builds here. 

EDIT:(Yes I know I only have 3 forma, but I'm gonna have to put a 4th once my mods are maxed)

M80mxA9.jpg

Okay, so this is pretty much my all around Void Survival/CC build that I tend to use for raids, a high enough duration will effectively render your enemies helpless when you cast avalanche. You won't be needing strength because your squadmates would have CC'ed the enemies into another dimension.

4bwRjpZ.jpg

This is my instagib build that I use for exterminates and whatnot, also doubling as my standard globe build for defense missions. If you want more range without losing too much strength, you can swap out stretch for Overextended and replace intensify with an R8 Blind Rage.

Edited by Sormatte

For Ember, Ash and Excal, they all have very similar builds. I'm gonna walk you through my modding 'process' rather than just giving you a build:

The first thing to decide is 'Do you want minimum ability cost?'. For me, the answer is always yes, so we want to install Fleeting Expertise and Streamline.

Now, Ember and Excal have channeled abilities, meaning that they need +90% efficiency and at least 40% duration to minimize those energy costs; this is reached nicely with a max FE and Streamline. Ash doesn't channel any abilities, so he can reduce his costs to 25% by using only a Rank 4 FE and Streamline (+75% efficiency).

Then we decide 'Do we need strength?'. For all of these frames, adding strength will greatly increase the effect of their abilities. We don't want to reduce efficiency, so we add in Intensify and Transient Fortitude. In order to maintain at least 40% duration for Ember and Excal, we then need to add a duration mod - any one of Primed Continuity, Continuity, or Constitution.

'Do we need increased range?': Every frame benefits from added range, so we include Stretch and if we decide we can lose some strength (for lower levels, etc) we can include Overextended.

Now we begin customizing the builds to suit your personal preferences.

It starts with 'How much duration do we need?': Ember, Excal, and Ash may benefit from increased duration: Ember's Accelerant debuff last longer as does her Fire Blast ring; Excalibur's Blind lasts longer, and Ash's invisibility lasts longer. Depending on how often you use these abilities, you may wish to add additional duration. Personally, I don't use more than ~70% duration on Ember and Excalibur, as I feel their debuffs do not need to last that long (and I don't use the fire ring from Fire Blast). I add duration to Ash to make Invisibility last longer, or I ignore duration and don't bother using Invisibility - both works. If a frame doesn't need range, we could use Narrow Minded, but because these frames need added range we stay away.

Finally, we begin to fill our last available slots with EHP mods (Effective Health Point mods). For Ember, we have 1-2 mod slots available to fill with added health, shields, and/or movement mods to preference; for Excalibur and Ash I like to add Vitality and Rage to convert health damage into energy.

For aura slots, Ash will always want Steel Charge to amplify the damage done by Bladestorm, but for other frames and to help teammates you want to use Corrosive Projection against armor.

Example builds (max unless specified):

Ember  - FE+Streamline for min cost, Intensify and TF for +85% str, Primed Continuity to counter TF, Stretch for +45% range, Redirection and Vitality for added efffective health.

Excalibur - same build, but swap Redirection for Rage for energy generation. 

Ash - R4 FE and Streamline for min cost, Intensify and TF for +85% str, Stretch and Overextended for max range, Vitality and Rage for health and energy generation. (This setup would not use Smoke Screen).