The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With The Soma Prime

VexisPhil

Question

Basically my Soma P has 4 forma where i added 2v's and 2 dash polarities while the soma p already has its 2v's

i have serration , heavy cal , Split chamber , Vital sense , point strike and 3 90% elementals

so ive been thinking , i have 4 alternative builds to this:

1.change 1 90% elemental to a hammershot

2.change 1 90% elemental to a fanged fusilade

3.change Heavy cal to fanged fusilade and change 1 90% elemental to hammer shot

4.change 2 90% elementals to a hammershot and fanged fusilade leaving only 1 elemental mod in the build

Im not a veteran ( mr10) to do the math and im confused of what formula's to calculate its burst dps and sustained dps so if anyone may help

p.s i dont have the simulacrum to test and i dont use warframe builder.

10 answers to this question

Fanged Fusillade is not worth using on the Soma Prime, at all. It increases damage by an equivalent amount to +60% elemental damage, without any extra benefits.

My personal suggestion is to drop Heavy Caliber for Shred. The increase in accuracy is very helpful, allowing you to get semi-reliable headshots for an extra 4x damage on crits, as well as punch through letting you hit multiple targets, vastly increasing the weapon's efficiency against crowds. If you consider headshots, +30% fire rate, and hitting multiple targets, you will regularly be dealing more damage than with Heavy Caliber, just not necessarily with the shown numbers being higher.

Edited by Kthal

Fanged Fusillade is not worth using on the Soma Prime, at all. It increases damage by an equivalent amount to +60% elemental damage, without any extra benefits.

My personal suggestion is to drop Heavy Caliber for Shred. The increase in accuracy is very helpful, allowing you to get semi-reliable headshots for an extra 4x damage on crits, as well as punch through letting you hit multiple targets, vastly increasing the weapon's efficiency against crowds. If you consider headshots, +30% fire rate, and hitting multiple targets, you will regularly be dealing more damage than with Heavy Caliber, just not necessarily with the shown numbers being higher.

So what about Hamershot? would the increase of Crit Damage and that slight i crease in status greatly help it? removing lets say , cryo rounds for a hammershot be more beneficial?

Basically my Soma P has 4 forma where i added 2v's and 2 dash polarities while the soma p already has its 2v's

i have serration , heavy cal , Split chamber , Vital sense , point strike and 3 90% elementals

so ive been thinking , i have 4 alternative builds to this:

1.change 1 90% elemental to a hammershot

2.change 1 90% elemental to a fanged fusilade

3.change Heavy cal to fanged fusilade and change 1 90% elemental to hammer shot

4.change 2 90% elementals to a hammershot and fanged fusilade leaving only 1 elemental mod in the build

Im not a veteran ( mr10) to do the math and im confused of what formula's to calculate its burst dps and sustained dps so if anyone may help

p.s i dont have the simulacrum to test and i dont use warframe builder.

Why not keeping your build?Thats the best one for the Soma prime.

Thats your and i think the best : http://goo.gl/VziV9Z

This is with Hammershot : http://goo.gl/vHaZtW

Not so good like your build.Rest of your ideas you can forget.

Edited by K0bra

Why not keeping your build?Thats the best one for the Soma prime.

Thats your and i think the best : http://goo.gl/VziV9Z

This is with Hammershot : http://goo.gl/vHaZtW

i feel there is potential for it to be more powerful and also the number on warframe builder do not match my ingame stats :3 idk how u got 200+ puncture and so on. Edited by VexisPhil

i feel there is potential for it to be more powerful and also the number on warframe builder do not match my ingame stats :3 idk how u got 200+ puncture and so on.

Are your mods maxed?When the stats are bugged on this side nothing changes.This build is the strongest.

Your build is the most powerful one but when you dont wanna hear destroy your build and have fun.

I have one alternative build for you when dps is the most important thing for you but you will get ammo problems. http://goo.gl/838FwE

Edited by K0bra

i feel there is potential for it to be more powerful and also the number on warframe builder do not match my ingame stats :3 idk how u got 200+ puncture and so on.

WFBuilder considers critical multipliers and probabilities, that 200 Puncture is including crits.

So what about Hamershot? would the increase of Crit Damage and that slight i crease in status greatly help it? removing lets say , cryo rounds for a hammershot be more beneficial?

I'd say not, and I also consider the Soma series weapons as having poor Status chance.

My build is (though I have switched to different elements since):

c2Y0h0T.png

Edited by Kthal

Hi there, i run 8/10 HC to be able for sniping on longer distances. The essential mod i use is metal auger over 3rd element or shred, you get a nice punch through which helps you with ammo economy and you are able to clear more enemies with less ammo used when they run in a line or take cover behind walls, blunts etc.

Hi there, i run 8/10 HC to be able for sniping on longer distances. The essential mod i use is metal auger over 3rd element or shred, you get a nice punch through which helps you with ammo economy and you are able to clear more enemies with less ammo used when they run in a line or take cover behind walls, blunts etc.

i might try the shred mod but ill have to go buy it since i aint have it anyways