The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Screen Freezes On Missions But The Game Goes On

hcontrerasc

I've been having the same problem. This is the only game on my PC that does it.  The graphics will freeze on a mission, but you can hear the game continuing (Running, shooting, opening the menu, etc). 

Error: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
Event ID: 4101

GPU: GeForce GTX 650Ti

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM

Driver: 359.06

I play along with my son, and we've both had this happen to us - sometimes the screen goes black (and then drops to the desktop), and at other times it will reset the machine.

On the 'blank screen' the controls still work - and thanks to having the two machines next to each other we've actually managed to make it to the extraction point.  

In our case, I think the issue is hardware - but if it is hitting other people as well, maybe not (nothing is overclocked):

My PC:  i950, 12GB RAM (6x2GB), GTX980

Son's PC: i5-2500, 8GB RAM (1x8GB), GTX680

Both running latest drivers and Windows 10.  If it drops back to the desktop we get the 'driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered' flash up in the bottom right corner.  I have use the crash reporter once, but the rest of the time assumed it was a hardware issue. 

Downclocking the 670 by 100MHz/300MHz seems to have reduced the likelihood of it crashing, but it still happens.  The 980 has stopped doing it recently - but having said that it will probably crash when I get home.