The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Builds

CptShallow

Question

Just wondering if anyone can help me with Nova. I am more used to defense frames like frost and chroma, by I hear Nova can be build two ways. I have both Prime and Regular so I just new to know how to by her. Thanks for your guys help I really appreciate it.

I believe builds are Speed Nova and Slowva

2 answers to this question

1. Narrow Minded

2. (Primed) Continuity

3. Constitution (these 3 mods are a must for all nova builds, since her MP size depends on duration, not range)

4. (Primed) Flow

5. Redirection/Vitality/Quick Thinking - your choice

6. Streamline (don't use fleeting expertise, since that lowers the duration)

7. Slow: Blind Rage rank 4 (to get +45% power str). Fast: Overextended (to get negative power str)

8. Your choice again. Stretch for slow build could help here, to be able to use wormholes properly and Rage for speed nova. Feel free to experiment

requires 2 forma I think, not sure

Edited by maumastoks

With 100% strength, MPrime slows enemies by 30%. You can modify that snare value by adding or subtracting power strength; hence, slova reducing enemy's speed by 75% (the cap) and speed nova speeding them up by increasing the speed by 30% (30% snare - 60% strength = 30% increased speed)

Efficiency, Range, and how much duration are all going to be left to personal preference. You can build for a very expensive MPrime and not use it often, and you can build for a cheaper cast and spam for better coverage - all personal preference. That said, here's a few tips:

Duration governs the total range that MPrime will spread to - increasing duration can help snare enemies sooner, but on some game modes this interferes with enemy spawns and it's not ideal to have too much duration.

Range governs only the explosion radius for MPrime, which can be helpful at lower levels but doesn't add a lot of damage at higher levels. It will also govern the range of Wormhole and Null Star, but will *not* affect the range of AMD, so you can still use AMD effectively when running with a low range value.

Efficiency is only *necessary* when you use AMD a lot - which you should, but some players don't like to set up the ability. AMD is very hit-or-miss with most players either loving or hating the ability. Personally I use it often and enjoy the mechanic, but if you don't, you don't - no big loss.