Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ram Issue - Warframe And Pc

Prime-Ares

Evening fellow tenno, this is a mouthful, but I am running out of ideas after days of research and investigating this issue.

Two nights ago, a torrent for a game (Dying Light, DL) was installed from a particular website. For nearly the past year I've never had problems receiving content or software from this site, all other games ever tried from there have been successful and never given any (software and/or hardware) issues.

However, upon installing DL, I realized large amounts of memory from my total pool had been instantly taken up. Looking over some user reviews, it appears the game can operate up to ~8.5 Gb's of total RAM usage.

Aside from this, shutting down the game is when things started to get "interesting". The total RAM usage would not die down, and the entire PC would lag from it spiking up to its maximal RAM usage potential until a restart was initiated. Clearly this game was the culprit, right? Well...upon uninstalling it and finding a new version that didn't have this hidden background process after being shut down, it ran much smoother, had a better overall experience too.

Nevertheless, even when Windows was started without ever turning the game on, other games, or hell even a youtube video would cause temporary "increases" in the net RAM. 

Here, you can see the current Task Manager layout for what specifically is going on:

glWypHo.png

SAVM7VC.png

--------------------------------------------------------

These screenshots were taken after quitting a WF round and minimizing the app. to let things settle down a bit. 

The thing I am most stumped on is what is possibly causing this increase (before the slope decreases)? The processes seen are the exact same as those as when the blue line was at its near peak, just screenshotted a few minutes later. 

I understand Windows itself uses ~3 and sometimes even ~4 Gb's of total RAM when in use, and ~2.8 Gb's when idle. But this situation is occurring with no observable pattern, sequence nor leading to any real culprit I've been able to identify.

A multitude of steps have been taken in efforts to isolate the issue, including:

- Turning off BitDefender Antivirus and Firewall, as well as STEAM, Origin, GeForce and any other program that may       use exessive amounts of memory

- Running Windows Memory Diagnostics

- Complete deletion of the DL files and any saved data

- Complete halt of startup programs and anything that might appear to be interfering with RAM usage

- Scanning for any virus, mal/spy ware 

- PC Vulnerability tests (Just to be sure)

- CCleaner cleaning entire files and adjusting any data / Registry files as necessary

- Even leaving the PC alone at times without any process running will still result in large increases

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT PC-BUILD:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit SP1 

CPU: Itel Core i5 4570 @ 3.20 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666 MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Z97-K (Socket 1150)

GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti (EVGA)

Storage: 447 GB SanDisk (SSD)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...at this point, any help or even a slight idea of what is going on will be incredibly useful in trying to understand how to fix this issue. Any further findings or results I can identify will be posted here as an edit.

P.S: Current status after WF shutting down and just having finished this post, with only the WF site, and one HD youtube video running: http://prntscr.com/9fnvzn

Edited by Prime-Ares