The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Lvl Serration Mod: Srsly De?

Namacyst

I'm talking about a Theoretical 150% Pressure Point, because someone in the thread said "Pressure Point is Too Weak, it should be buffed to Serration's level"

Serration is currently 165% last I checked. For easy math's sake, we are going to assume 150%.

Theoretically, if Pressure Point were buffed to 150%....

Gram/Scindo/Fragor do a base of 50 per normal melee swing.

If Pressure Point gave 150%, this 50 would be modified to 50+75 = 125 base damage.

Sundering Strike adds 90% Armor Piercing Damage. So, 90% of 125 = 112.5.

However.... Heavy Grineer take 150% damage to their body from Armor Piercing Damage.

This means the AP mod would be doing 169 damage by itself, nothing else added.

Add in the Weapon's Base, and the potential Fire/Ice/Lightning damage, and you come up with something in the ballpark of 350 a swing.

I will admit I made a couple minor mistakes (adding in the weapon's base a couple extra times) but still. 350 a swing is still a bit too powerful. *shrug*

Anyways, as I said earlier in the thread, they should tone down the number of mods needed for Redirection, Vitality, Serration, and Steel Fiber.

Your math is wrong, thats not how the game calculated armor piercing and elemental. It adds base damage to the total, not a total+. Same goes for each seperate mod. Or else everything would be getting one shotted. Its a base number you use for all of the math. THEN you add up all your results, you dont just do total + = + = + =:_____.    Its = X.  = Y.  = Z.  B+X+Y+Z = ____.

So your 112.5 is actually 45. So its 50 + 45 + 75 is 170.

But yes, the 350 should be correct. However, 350 a swing is pretty weak for endgame. 350 damage is piss poor. It would take about 3-5 swings to kill normal enemies. And with scindo, thats like 6 seconds even if you land every single attack uninterrupted.

So its still garbage even with 150% Why? Because in scale with everything else you can use in the game, normal melee damage sucks. So therefore even after a % all across the board, it still sucks. So the real problem is melee weapons dont do enough base swing damage.

However.... Heavy Grineer take 150% damage to their body from Armor Piercing Damage.

They don't. They take 66% normal and 100% AP damage, so 83.3 normal and 112.5 AP damage.

Even if it was 350 damage, you have to realize that a charge attack deals at least four time that damage.

Your math is wrong, thats not how the game calculated armor piercing and elemental. It adds base damage to the total, not a total+. Same goes for each seperate mod. Or else everything would be getting one shotted. Its a base number you use for all of the math. THEN you add up all your results, you dont just do total + = + = + =:_____.    Its = X.  = Y.  = Z.  B+X+Y+Z = ____.

So your 112.5 is actually 45. So its 50 + 45 + 75 is 170.

But yes, the 350 should be correct. However, 350 a swing is pretty weak for endgame. 350 damage is &!$$ poor. It would take about 3-5 swings to kill normal enemies. And with scindo, thats like 6 seconds even if you land every single attack uninterrupted.

So its still garbage even with 150% Why? Because in scale with everything else you can use in the game, normal melee damage sucks. So therefore even after a % all across the board, it still sucks. So the real problem is melee weapons dont do enough base swing damage.

Pressure point and all other mods that increase normal/charge damage affect all elements and AP damage.

Edited by Tyrian3k

They don't. They take 66% normal and 100% AP damage, so 83.3 normal and 112.5 AP damage.

Even if it was 350 damage, you have to realize that a charge attack deals at least four time that damage.

Pressure point and all other mods that increase normal/charge damage affect all elements and AP damage.

That cant be right....Ever since i put an electric damage mod on my lex, unless i leveled it up, i always saw the same static number every time i did damage. With or without hornet strike.

That cant be right....Ever since i put an electric damage mod on my lex, unless i leveled it up, i always saw the same static number every time i did damage. With or without hornet strike.

I just confirmed with a latron on Terminus. with and without serration, my electric mod only did 3 damage on both accounts.

I just confirmed with a latron on Terminus. with and without serration, my electric mod only did 3 damage on both accounts.

Thried it myself just to see I'm right...

Without my Serration (105% damage), my Braton Vandal had a 6 6 7 7 spread and with it a 12 13 15 15 spread with all elemental mods installed.