Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Rebalance

ZanderArch

No big nerfs or buffs, just a few general ideas to improve the identity and usefulness of Sentinels and make all three worth taking.

Shade:

Ghost: If you attack to come out of cloak, the attack is automatically upgraded to a yellow text critical hit with a chance to red text critical hit. Just a little bit of burst damage to make Ghost more desirable and to improve stealth game play with a little extra umph behind Ghosted attacks.

Burst Pistol: Buff the damage a little.

Other: Shade also cloaks when its owner cloaks (Loki Invisibility / Ash Smoke Bomb)

Shade is already very useful for survival, Ghosting has saved my frame more often than I care to admit. The extra damage from the burst pistol doesn't survive into the end game, but the survivability of Shade alone makes up for it.

Wyrm:

Crowd Dispersion: Drastically needs a buff in stun chance, if not guaranteed stun with rank affecting stun length. I've never noticed the stun actually do anything and I've played with Wyrm for quite some time with it maxed and near maxed out.

Laser Rifle: Make it a laser shotgun. Give it high damage and/or good pellet count so it universally does more burst damage than any other Sentinel weapon, making Wyrm the ideal close quarters Sentinel.

Wyrm has fallen out of favor as the combat Sentinel, these changes should give Wyrm an identity rather than being Dethcube lite.

Dethcube:

No changes, yet.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Add a HUD element that displays your Sentinel's health and shields, and if applicable, skills and their cool down.

Edited by ZanderArch

I was actually just thinking about this. Wyrm is practically useless now that Dethcube is out and sort of gets the short end of the stick as an offensive sentinel vs the Dethcube.

First thing that needs to be done though, make Crowd Dispersion actually do something. It would be nice if it could stun like you said, or I had seen another suggestion somewhere else that they give it a knockback like the Shockwave Moa, blasting away enemies that get too close, higher levels of the mod would increase the radius.

I agree with the change from the rifle to a shotgun too. I don't really see how it makes sense for the Dethcube and the Wyrm to both have rifles. This change would definitely give the Wyrn its own unique role as a sort of close quarters crowd control between the support role of the Shade and the all-out offensive role of the Dethcube.

I wouldn't say to buff the dmg by shade itself... afterall it is supposed to be defensive.  However, if I lost cloak by attacking I would probably want either the normal attack to take charge dmg or make charge attack get you out of cloak when you swing your weapon instead of when you are still charging it.

For wyrm's gun, I would make it the case that it would keep it at par with the others if they can make it multi-target (aiming and hitting 1+ enemies at any direction concurrently, maybe scale with mod or any arbitrary fixed number >1 or whatever) without changing damage (kind of like psychic bolts without zooming in).  In that case you lose the ability to see where the enemies are by looking at the wyrm, but your mods on its weapon makes a whole lot more difference.  it also would be more in line with the idea of crowd oriented gun compared to the gun of dethcube

I'm all for giving wyrm a different kind of gun, except the fact that i've got its rifle maxed out and potatoed, and completely full of mods :T If they were to switch it suddenly to shotgun, they'd have to give me the == shotgun mods for it, otherwise i'd be incredibly vocal about how terribly inconsiderate they were changing my sentinel i paid money for entirely to a different weapon type.

Oh, and christ, could you please fix crowd dispersion? I've been playing since mid update 7, and it's never once done anything. It'd be great for my stupid space squid to do more than show me where the nearest enemy is.