The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost's Ult Details

Azlen

Question

Hello everyone. I'm just looking for a bit of clarification on the details of Frost's Avalanche damage.

On the wiki it explains that 'Explosion damage diminishes with distance and bypasses obstacles in the environment."

Now, as far as Avalanche goes, there are 2 instances of damage. the 1500 damage from the cast itself, and the explosion when enemies die, they shatter, dealing 400 damage to nearby targets in a small area. I'm trying to figure out if both instances of damage diminish with distance, or ONLY the shattered targets. It says explosion damage, which to me, the first instance of damage I wouldn't qualify as an explosion per say. That said, it does seem to explode everyone. So yeah. If anyone happens to definitively know, I'd greatly appreciate the feedback! Thoughts are encouraged, but as I said, definitive answers would be the most beneficial. Thanks in advance!

~Az

3 answers to this question

I've been using Frost A LOT since his update (often with max range) and while it is more likely that it is only talking about the 400 damage from the secondary explosions, I have occasionally felt like the damage of the initial cast has failed to kill targets on its outskirts which it should have. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much either way, it is a great ultimate even if the damage does diminish. The freeze and 60% armour reduction is definitely underrated.