Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scimitar Carpet Bomb's Issues And How They Can Be Improved.

(PSN)hurlman

So, concerning the scimitar: I love the design and the look of it, but my biggest complaint is the carpet bomb.

1. The Carpet Bomb's damage is way too low for a supposed bombing run. (Real life carpet bombs are supposed to reduce entire landscapes into fire, ash, and craters. However, with the Warframe CB, it just does damage to low-tier enemies and knocks enemies back in anything higher)

2. The Range/width of the bombing run is too small/short. I just wish it had enough range, and width of the carpet to destroy targets

3. The bombing is visually unimpressive. From a name like "Carpet Bomb" one would expect massive explosions on impact, however with the current Scimitar Carpet Bomb, it seems more like a firing squad is shooting explosive bullets from the skies, and the explosions are too tiny

4. The Cooldown takes forever compared to normal mission completion times. Although 10 minutes may not seem like much on paper, it seems to take eternities in missions like Exterminate that can be completed in 2-5 minutes.

I believe DE could improve the Scimitar's carpet bomb in the following ways.

1. Increase the damage by a lot. If the Scimitar is going to be able to decimate entire crowds like an actual carpet bomb, it'll need massive amounts of damage. Enough to kill end-game enemies like as if they were paper (around 5K or 10, enough to overshadow most "kill everything" abilities like Avalance, Reckoning, Radial Javalin, Crush, etc.)

2. Increase the range. To gain the maximum effect out of the carpet bomb, it'll need a ton of range, enough to kill a large room in a Corpus mission, but not enough to everything on a Ceres interception. (I suggest it acting like Oberon's Hallowed Ground, but larger)

3. Make the explosions look better. Instead of the air-based firing squad mentioned earlier, why not replace it with Bombard-explosions or Explosive Container explosions in a line, like an actual carpet bomb?

4. Decrease the Cooldown. If the massive damage is to be implemented, I would suggest a 3-5 minute Cooldown. But if it's current damage is intentional. Please decrease it to 1-3 minutes.

I feel like the carpet bomb is just a super S#&$ty version of Hydroid's tempest barrage with a 10 minute cooldown and unimpressive damage. Hell graphically it looks exactly the same as tempest barrage. #couldn'tdevproperlysowejustcopy&pastedalreadyexistingstuff

I agree that it's unimpressive.

Personally, for a 10min cooldown and the 'casting time', the call down should deal lethal damage equal to each enemy's individual health, and have a 50m radius.

The OP's suggestion of a lingering damage floor would be cool, too...like a napalm floor...