The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dethcube, Shade Or Wyrm

Warframe0301

Question

7 answers to this question

Shade's Invis I've found to be unreliable at best, and it most often procs it the SECOND you shoot at something, which promptly breaks your new invis.

I've seen players who swear up-and-down that Wyrm is the superior damage sentinel to Dethcube, but I've gotten more damage out of Dethcube personally. I think it's all a matter of personal preference between those two. but if you're going for Damage, then really a Kubrow is more effective...

A crap-tonne of people are gonna suggest Carrier. I suggest you ignore them. running Carrier will make you too lazy to walk 2 feet to pick up resources, and it's not as useful in combat as either Dethcube or Wyrm. if you're gonna go for a Utility sentinel, then go with Helios. free affinity as it auto-scans, AND you fill up your Codex. win-win

You've created four topics about this ( 2 x DETHCUBE, SHADE OR WYRM / 2 x DETHCUBE, WYRM OR SHADE ). 

Please pick one, then ask mods to delete the others. 

I'm with Robo, Carrier and her vacuum cleaner is best. <3

That said, I use Dethcube with his alt skin .. cos he's so CUTE *_*

A crap-tonne of people are gonna suggest Carrier. I suggest you ignore them. running Carrier will make you too lazy to walk 2 feet to pick up resources, and it's not as useful in combat as either Dethcube or Wyrm.

For a new player, and I assume OP is because they're just now getting a sentinel, you want to grab every mod and resource you can.

As you go along, you'll find grabbing energy from a distance to be very useful.

Eventually, once you have a large supply of mods and resources, Carrier's usefulness will wane and you can deploy health/energy/ammo/shield pads instead of relying on Carrier to grab them for you.

For a new player, and I assume OP is because they're just now getting a sentinel, you want to grab every mod and resource you can.

As you go along, you'll find grabbing energy from a distance to be very useful.

Eventually, once you have a large supply of mods and resources, Carrier's usefulness will wane and you can deploy health/energy/ammo/shield pads instead of relying on Carrier to grab them for you.

I am aware, my point is that I've seen multiple players gripe about being "forced" to run Carrier and wanting the Vacuum precept as apply-able to all sentinels simply BECAUSE they've gotten lazy and used to Carrier. I believe it'd be to OP's benefit to NOT fall into that habit, so I recomend against Carrier.

and seriously, it's NOT hard to run over resources and mods and energy, making a detour of a couple of steps tops to make sure you pick up stuff. I did it since update TWO with no assistance, and my roomate just started less than a month ago and jumped straight to using Kubrow, skipping Sentinels altogether and they NEVER had an issue with energy/resource gathering. so the argument rings a little hollow TBH.

Shade, Wyrm, and Carrier are all extremely solid choices.

Shade is best-suited for stealth situations and surviving knockdowns (which can be incredibly helpful in lategame missions, where being knocked down is often a death sentence). Be aware, though, that the invisibility has a long cooldown and can activate at inconvenient times. It'll often activate a split second before firing and then go on a long cooldown, rendering the ability useless.

Keep in mind that the default Shade has high Health, but very low Shields. Getting hit will often break the shields and slightly damage the health, which means that he will almost certainly die during extended missions if you let him get hit too much and aren't able to heal him.

Wyrm is best-suited for combat in general. He's great for longer-ranged gameplay since he'll knock down any enemies that happen to get too close, and he's also great for close-ranged gameplay since the knockdowns will open up enemies for easy meatshots and/or ground finishers. Just be aware that the cooldown is also pretty long, so while it's really nice when it activates, it's not something that can truly be relied on.

Carrier simply makes it more convenient to pick up items. This means that you can pick up heaps of ammo and energy off the ground while keeping all of your attention on something else, such as combat.

Carrier has no direct combat capabilities, but his ability functions continuously (with no cooldown whatsoever), making him the most reliable of all Sentinels. It's for this reason that he's also by far the most popular.

Dethcube is... nice to have at lower-leveled missions, but the damage will very quickly lose effectiveness against tougher enemies and he doesn't have any other sort of utility that can back it up. Because of this, I strongly advise against using Dethcube.

Edited by SortaRandom

I am aware, my point is that I've seen multiple players gripe about being "forced" to run Carrier and wanting the Vacuum precept as apply-able to all sentinels simply BECAUSE they've gotten lazy and used to Carrier. I believe it'd be to OP's benefit to NOT fall into that habit, so I recomend against Carrier.

and seriously, it's NOT hard to run over resources and mods and energy, making a detour of a couple of steps tops to make sure you pick up stuff. I did it since update TWO with no assistance, and my roomate just started less than a month ago and jumped straight to using Kubrow, skipping Sentinels altogether and they NEVER had an issue with energy/resource gathering. so the argument rings a little hollow TBH.

On Exterminates-types, Mobile Defenses, and Spies it's convenient. On Defense, Survival, Hijack, Excavation, and Interception it will come down to whether or not you grab something. That either comes from a menu popping up that stops you from moving, or from a highly increased risk of not making it to extraction when the rest of the team bails against enemies that have become much stronger than they were when you entered (and even if that's not a risk to you, waiting at extraction because of you becomes an increased risk to them).

That's why so many of us want to pick up drops from a distance. Not a precept usable on all companions, an inherent gameplay mechanic. That's why so many of us have been saying that since Carrier was first introduced (this was clearly missing before, why isn't it just a thing?). It's been suggested a dozen times that Vacuum should pick up and store Health/Energy orbs until you can fully benefit from them. That would still make Carrier very useful.

If your friend skipped sentinels entirely, they can't know what they never experienced.

I never said Carrier should be the only companion you ever use. But it will absolutely be the most useful as a first, if nothing else because its gun uses shotgun mods (which are easily acquired, unlike Kubrow mods), and frees up your rifle/side arm mods for use on the majority of the game's weapons.

As for the topic itself, as I said, of the three listed it depends on how you play Trinity.