The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost - Thoughts/suggestions On Focus Path To Take

Valiant

Question

Not sure if we should still be wacking on spoiler tags now considering consoles are finally with us, so apologies to those who are all 'omg'd' by it.

Trying to decide what Focus path to settle on, regardless of the feature currently being a beta. Right now my Frost uses Vazarin. It's handy simply for the instant revives and the regenerative features. However, I'm now considering getting greater lens' and I'd rather not waste time/resources on a path I might decide to change in the future. So I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on paths to take with Frost/P.

At this stage - despite there being other paths with power strength and energy regeneration which is handy - I'm umming and aahing over Vazarin or Unairu. As I mentioned, Vazarin so far has been rather useful with its instant revives when globing in nasty situations and the easy healing (I hate slash proc's) and despite the changes being minimally pathetic, I'm interested in obtaining the reflective damage passive in the near future if I stick with it. However, on the flip side Unairu's armour bonuses interest me (as it likely boosts the globe?) and also reduces damage and the melee attacks also help against armour which I can see being of use, considering how armour reliant some enemies are. I can only assume it'd be highly effective with corrosive projection and avalanche. One thing also I'm not sure about is whether is it better to reflect damage or have the bonus armour which negates it? I'm guessing it'd be reflect.

Thoughts? Advice? What paths have you taken with Frost and suggest?

Edited by Naith

3 answers to this question

Note that you can always switch to another later on.

The healing focus is nice, but in case of Frost that has no channeling/toggled ability, the Energy one would also be good, having a guaranteed 4 energy/sec is superb to maintain a steady bubble and even spam some Avalanches.

As for the healing focus, i see a point for the heal, but the additional revives are... mediocre at best, since now we have the usual 4 revives, but per mission, so 1 or 2 extra doesn't make much sense, since after that mission you're full again, not to mention if you have a complete Arcane you have an additional revive.

As for the healing focus, i see a point for the heal, but the additional revives are... mediocre at best, since now we have the usual 4 revives, but per mission, so 1 or 2 extra doesn't make much sense, since after that mission you're full again, not to mention if you have a complete Arcane you have an additional revive.

He means insta-revive from the downed state on allies.

Varazin can get upto 4 insta-revives from downed states on allies or yourself (if you go downed).  its rather handy to run in and instantly pick someone up without having to worry about dying to stuff =P

Note that you can always switch to another later on.

The healing focus is nice, but in case of Frost that has no channeling/toggled ability, the Energy one would also be good, having a guaranteed 4 energy/sec is superb to maintain a steady bubble and even spam some Avalanches.

Think I just don't want go waste lens/greater lens if I decide to switch. I'd have to destroy the current lens on my frame/weapon. It'd just be a waste. I have the main weapons I like using, so I'd rather not have to spread lens across multiple frames/weapons at the moment.

What focus path do you use for Frost, if any?

He means insta-revive from the downed state on allies.

Varazin can get upto 4 insta-revives from downed states on allies or yourself (if you go downed).  its rather handy to run in and instantly pick someone up without having to worry about dying to stuff =P

Mhm, there's been times where I've placed a globe and if not for my instant revives, I more than likely would have gone down myself in the process regardless of the globe, due to how many enemies there were. Works a treat if someone has gone down to sapper mines or is stuck in a nullifier globe.

Though this is where I am stuck as there are great uses for Vazarin. Morte, I'm assuming you're a Frost player due to your avatar and have placed a lens on yours. What path are you?

Edited by Naith