Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions For Improving Ui

holdenmcclure

I'd just like to make some suggestions for improving the UI. Feel welcome to add or comment. tl;dr approaching.

-Markers on resources, rather than being marked as a waypoint. Ideally they would disappear on each client whence they've obtained it.

-Expand the minimap into an actual map. This is probably already in the making, hopefully. It would also be neat to be able to add markers from the map instead of needing to lead your aimpoint to wherever you want to set one.

-Dropdown menu options in the chat window similar to the contacts menu, so you can select options like invite, send message or add friend just by clicking someone's name in the chat box.

-Visual indication of current chat state! If you're in whisper mode, please make it so that there's some way of easily telling so that mistakes like sending a whisper instead of something else happen less frequently.

-Contacts list displays the specific mission someone is in, rather than just saying "in-game".

-Actual friend request pop up message, similar to the invite request pop up, rather than it simply populating the "pending" section in your friends list. This might already exist and I might not have noticed, but as far as I'm aware it doesn't.

-Player search function. Something that would make finding people in a large clan or friends list easier.

-Names listed above planets in the solar system menu, as well as suggested level ranges. This'd be nicer for newer players or people with poor memory such as myself.

-Equipment Mod loadout presets. This'd be very nice for switching weapons that borrow from the same mod pool, or just gearing yourself for missions populated with monsters that have different damage type resistances. Maybe they'll consider making type resistance Warframe mods not useless someday so that you might consider making Warframe presets for that too.

-Question mark buttons around unexplained gameplay mechanics! As far as I'm aware, Mod fusion recipes, Polarity, Mastery and plenty more game mechanics aren't really explained at all within the actual game. Doing this for mods in particular would be nice considering that new players have the potential to make very bad decisions while fusing if they're poorly informed.

-More stats listed on Equipment! Things like critical probability and multiplier can be a big deciding factor on how you mod your weapons, or which ones you might want to go with. It'd make sense that the player doesn't have to go to a Wiki page in order to learn any reliable information about their weapons.

-Ability to back out of a Node selection in party matchmaking without destroying the party, that isn't an odd work around like changing the party status.

-Hotkeys for Solar System menu, IE backspace zooms out, A for Arsenal, F for Foundry etc...

-Search function in Marketplace, because why not really. As the game gets more and more updates, the market will become more saturated and a search function would make more sense.

-Alert Rewards listed in the actual game interface. Quite frankly it's dumb that I have to check Twitter or some Twitter scanning widget/off-site to find out if an Alert drops something I want. It'd also be nice if there was a log kept of past Alerts and Alert rewards so I can beat myself up over having to sleep once in a while.

-Gray out color options that aren't applicable to whatever equipment you're trying to color. It's annoying to click one of the color options and run your mouse along the color table only to find that it doesn't do anything.

-Chat box memory. I'd like it to remember if I had the chat box expanded and where I put it. As well as any resizing I may have done to the window.

-I hate to make a generic sounding "do more gooder like" request, but the chat box is just plain ugly and I know you guys can do better.

-Contact notifications. IE if one of your friends logs in or starts a mission, it'd be nice to get some indicator letting me know while I'm in the Solar System menu.

-More sorting options in the mod menu, such as sort by duplicates, sort by a specific polarity, or filtering options such as no max rank mods. Right now mod fusion can be tedious.

-Option to buy more equipment slots in any prompt for purchasing equipment that needs them. I'm already in the market, why not just prompt me to buy more slots right there if the amount I have is insufficient? It's dumb that I have to leave the market, go to Arsenal, select Inventory and then click buy more slots there, then go back to the Market again to buy it. A similar option in the Foundry would be nice too.

I could go all day, but I'll save people the effort of trying to read an already long list that probably won't be read to completion anyways.

I bet he mis-read the first one then just labelled the whole thing as "A lot of that is in there".

Possibly. The response did come only three minutes after I posted it. So that presumes he found and opened the thread, read the list, and made his post within a three minute span, which seems unlikely.

Edited by holdenmcclure

Why are you posting this here? Post this in UI Feedback. The Dev's don't look here for suggestions, and they have specific devs watching over those feedback forums.

But otherwise, I agree with all of those.

Why are you posting this here? Post this in UI Feedback. The Dev's don't look here for suggestions, and they have specific devs watching over those feedback forums.

But otherwise, I agree with all of those.

I was under the impression that subsection was more for the purpose of reporting bugs rather than suggesting changes, although I guess it would fall under that umbrella in retrospect. If a mod would be kind enough to move the thread I'd appreciate it.