The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feels About The Level Req For Research Weps

ROSING

So, maybe you seen the information on the research weapons, but if you didn't, some of these guns require the player to be at level 6 and up. I am halfway through 5, but it worries me about lower level clan people who might miss out on this. Some of them poured their sweat, tears and fieldrons into this and now they have to wait till they level up. Do you think this is fair, or should they get rid of/lower the level requirement?

It's considered end game. Rank up the weapons in the Market before you touch upon the ones in the Dojo. That's what I'm doing, at least.

well as they are now, these weapons are nowhere near endgame. The Hek still outclasses everything and while it has a mastery requirement of 4, its still not as costly to make.

no to what exactly, no it's not fair or no they shouldn't lower anything?

to both. it's not fair coz there is basically no fair end game contents.

and i say no to removing the requirement. maybe lower by 1, but remove it is not a very good idea

well as they are now, these weapons are nowhere near endgame. The Hek still outclasses everything and while it has a mastery requirement of 4, its still not as costly to make.

Not necessarily endgame damage wise. The method of obtaining it is rather long and arduous. Not something to be tackled on the first day of play. 12 hours x 10 just for one weapon? I'd rather spend my time making a Scindo.

If going by what you're saying then why worry about the weapons at all if their on extras to be used on the side.

I'm mastery rank 10. I think its fair to have a mastery rank requirement for some of these "end-game" weapons so people actually have to work to be able to use them. If they say, are in a 2000+ member clan and can instantly research items, its not fair for others that they get to instantly use them. My Baptized By Fire clan has 13 people in it and I have to wait even though I am 10 because we don't have all the materials farmed to even come close to researching new weapons. I think its a balanced trade off.

I'm mastery rank 10. I think its fair to have a mastery rank requirement for some of these "end-game" weapons so people actually have to work to be able to use them. If they say, are in a 2000+ member clan and can instantly research items, its not fair for others that they get to instantly use them. My Baptized By Fire clan has 13 people in it and I have to wait even though I am 10 because we don't have all the materials farmed to even come close to researching new weapons. I think its a balanced trade off.

The time it takes to even come up with the materials, though, is harsh. Especially when you're a low level player. Not even that. What if you're like me and you reset and now you aren't of high mastery level anymore? Honestly, DE should've stated "Oh, and by the way. Clan Weapons require even HIGHER mastery ranks for you to get them. Consider them to be goodwill." because it sucks to not be able to get them even when you donate 60+ hours just farming the materials. And force people to grind another 60 hours, hell maybe even 100 hours to make PAST Rank 7, that's wack, yo. 

I don't like being forced a good 200+ hours before I can use crappy weapons (Looking at you, buggy Ogris.) <- The bug with Ogris is hilarious, by the way. Multishot makes you shoot yourself. Fix, please.

I think it is fair, the people who put materials in while not having the right mastery rank could have known about it if they had checked the wiki. So if they put stuff in without searching for more info first then that's their own choice and fault. Right now they also aren't missing out on all that much since many of the weapons clearly still need to be improved.

@OP:

No, it's not nice for [people like me] who don't have the mastery rank yet to build those weapons, but as one of the people who asked DE for more meaningful mastery ranks, I can't say I mind. I like i to be honest. Mastery rank 7 [the highest rank needed for any of the clan weapons] really is quite easy to achieve [i was 9 before reset lol].

Supra > Hek

Or so I hear.

The time it takes to even come up with the materials, though, is harsh. Especially when you're a low level player. Not even that. What if you're like me and you reset and now you aren't of high mastery level anymore? Honestly, DE should've stated "Oh, and by the way. Clan Weapons require even HIGHER mastery ranks for you to get them.

Well that part was kind of obvious to me thou, you have weapons and frame that require 3-4 mastery rank, and a research that requires thousands of materials and money... yeah, they will require people to have at least worked their way to that level before having the ability to use them, not saying that a warning wasn't necessary, but I thought they would require mastery from the start.

I fully support the level requirement.  My friends and pugs constantly use the same lvl 30 gear on lvl 10 missions and whipe rooms, never expanding into any other weapon or gun since the Materials or the time to farm it is too much.  So  you always see the same Excal with Latron running and 1 shotting everything.

Higher requirements mean people may use something other than their comfort zone and find alternative playstyles they enjoy.  Everyone says the Burston is crap, but like any weapon in this game once you put a few levels on it, it cleans up.

Here is hoping people actually level up more than 2 pieces of gear.

Having a higher mastery rank for such unique weapons seems fine to me. Having such unique weapons be the endgame isn't so fine to me. Then again, there's not much else we can tie to mastery other than Warframes... hey, why isn't there any Warframes in the dojo?