Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just To Make You All Aware - #steam #psn #xbox

SigweardStoneFist

Account security seems to have been compromised, seeing as friends report that some got their steam wallet balance wiped, email associated with the steam account randomly changed, and games being randomly added to their shopping carts without them doing, etc.

WHY!!!! GOODBYE MY STEAM ACCOUNT!!!!!

I might be over reacting but I'm afraid that I'll lose all my stuff...

I wonder if they are gonna refund everyone's money and games when this all blows over.

Too bad they won't be able to sort out account and passwords however :|

If steam is smart enough, they have a backup apart from steam servers.

Which can't be hacked that easily, so if it goes wrong. expect everyone be rollbacked.

Can anyone confirm if anyone can change your emails / passwords and spend all of your steam money? If it is true then I'll lose everything because someone is most likely changing my email and password as well as blowing all of my steam money on useless games.

Steam store is inaccessible but that doesn't mean people will change my account details and passwords 0.0

Can anyone confirm if anyone can change your emails / passwords and spend all of your steam money? If it is true then I'll lose everything because someone is most likely changing my email and password as well as blowing all of my steam money on useless games.

Steam store is inaccessible but that doesn't mean people will change my account details and passwords 0.0

Like I said, if steam is smart enough they have a backup.

If needed they will do like twitch, locking every account till password has been refreshed.

Mostly they will notify you by email.

I am going to be one angry person if my account is broken into -.-

Who doesn't?

Supposedly Valve finally took their website offline.

What everyone is being advised to do is stop messing with their accounts because that only makes it  more likely they'll get broken into.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3y7r0b/do_not_login_to_any_steam_websites/

Putting the link in the main thread, crediting you.

Supposedly Valve finally took their website offline.

What everyone is being advised to do is stop messing with their accounts because that only makes it  more likely they'll get broken into.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3y7r0b/do_not_login_to_any_steam_websites/

It's good that they took down steam until this fixes but some people have already got their account ruined...

I have a terrible feeling that mine is one of them ;-;

so... I just logged on 10 min ago and exited after the store didn't load. does this mean my account is now vulnerable or not since they took their servers offline?

Chances.

Recommendations are to don't login or use any steam servers on desktop and mobile.

Do not remove any personal sensitive account information and let a game running till the security breach has been fixed.

This isn't like any other DDoS that has happened in the past of steam.

So if I only got as far as trying to boot up Steam and getting hit with the "Can't connect to Steam" message (with options such as retry and quit), could that increase my chances of my account being broken into?

Not so sure about that.

I think it's not a big of an issue as those login details are saved on your local machine.

Unless the hackers released an update to steam to fiddle around with the launcher, I would worry.

Safe to log in yet? Or should we wait for abit longer?

I used it this evening (it's currently 1AM here so around 7 hours ago), and it was fine then.

Apparently a couple of steam PR people are claiming it as a "caching error", which is the worst excuse for a cover up I've ever heard.

So for now it is secure, but you will likely find services go offline periodically for testing and maintenance.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Not so sure about that.

I think it's not a big of an issue as those login details are saved on your local machine.

Unless the hackers released an update to steam to fiddle around with the launcher, I would worry.

Actually, I have that issue happen periodically too. I find that it is a steam launcher issue, and is quite common, similar to the 1st time wont connect but starts up fine second try issue.

I used it this evening (it's currently 1AM here so around 7 hours ago), and it was fine then.

Apparently a couple of steam PR people are claiming it as a "caching error", which is the worst excuse for a cover up I've ever heard.

So for now it is secure, but you will likely find services go offline periodically for testing and maintenance.

Ah ok. I hope too much damage hasn't happened.