Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutually Exclusive Elements.

CharlesSnippy

I was getting a little bored of Warframe, so I started to change my gameplay up a little. I decided to ditch all of my elemental mods save for one on each of my weapons, and while this sounds like it'd be much the same as simply taking a low damage weapon it actually changed the game up quite a bit. I found myself utilizing my melee weapon (with my high ranking molten strike) and my Latron (with its high ranking freeze elemental damage) in far more deliberate combinations than I otherwise would have. On top of that, the reduced damage increased the challenge by just enough to be refreshing. I'd always assumed that elements would be mutually exclusive at some point in the future, so I'm putting my experience out there to encourage other guys to try it. That said, it's my choice, so I'd be interested in the larger communities opinions on this.

Finally, it'd be neat if certain weapons would change slightly based on the element. The most notable example being the flamethrower, which could become a liquid nitrogen gun or arc gun depending on the element. Armour piercing would be exempt, given that it is practically a necessity against the Grineer.

go and put on your best gear and mods. take off your sentinel. solo a pluto mission.

it will put the fear of death back in you.

there is no reason for elemental mods to be mutually exclusive and it would massively alter the way the game is played if they did make them that way. for the worse.

go and put on your best gear and mods. take off your sentinel. solo a pluto mission.

there is no reason for elemental mods to be mutually exclusive and it would massively alter the way the game is played if they did make them that way. for the worse.

It would just make things harder.

That's not necessarily worse. A lot of people are complaining about how things are too easy, and actively gimping yourself by denying yourself available advantages in order to receive a challenge does not feel as satisfying as bringing your all to a level and managing to finish it.

The idea is novel enough, but the game currently doesn't seem to be based around it. Honestly when I first heard about the system back I had assumed the same; that elements were only usable one at a time.

It would certainly drive down the damage numbers.

It would just make things harder.

That's not necessarily worse. A lot of people are complaining about how things are too easy, and actively gimping yourself by denying yourself available advantages in order to receive a challenge does not feel as satisfying as bringing your all to a level and managing to finish it.

The idea is novel enough, but the game currently doesn't seem to be based around it. Honestly when I first heard about the system back I had assumed the same; that elements were only usable one at a time.

It would certainly drive down the damage numbers.

On top of that, it doesn't even make sense for fire an ice to be applicable at the same time, which should be readily obvious to anybody who's ever lost an ice lolly on a hot summers day.

no it doesnt if you have greatly modded weapons

my lvl 10 ember didnt have much of a problem soloing pluto exterminate/raid without using redirection/vitality

the only real challenge these days seems to be high level defense with certain setups (vauban and nyx are gamebreakers :P)

no it doesnt if you have greatly modded weapons

my lvl 10 ember didnt have much of a problem soloing pluto exterminate/raid without using redirection/vitality

the only real challenge these days seems to be high level defense with certain setups (vauban and nyx are gamebreakers :P)

I'd say Vauban and Banshee combo is the real gamebreaker. Vauban may lack the enemy in place but without sufficient DPS, you just cannot kill fast. Eventually, after 100hrs, you will not have enough power to cast the next Bastille. Nope, not OP at all.

Oh, and never talk about Vortex. It's bugged over a thousand and one times. I don't like it at it's current bugged state.

Edited by matrixEXO