Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry Doubles

CelsiusPrime

Right now there is no reason to have two of certain parts (i.e. ash systems.) but the game will let you craft these items anyway. And after you craft them you can't sell them anymore so it's wasted resources that you are never getting back.

would it be so hard as to run through the list of items and pop up a warning box after you click "craft" that says "are you sure to want to craft this? you have X items already in your inventory" (like the one used in the dojos).

what are your thoughts on it?

Well I discovered the hard way that the items shift after you click build. One half awake morning I decided to start building my Rhino, when there was a blueprint for a trinity helm still sitting in my inventory, the list shifted after I started building a couple of the rhino components. I now have an extra trinity helm sitting in my inventory. I do wish we could sell those, extra parts.

I'm not really complaining since technically it's just some credits and mats, the blueprint dropped during boss farming, it's just weird to have that extra helmet sitting around in my inventory forever.

Nah, no need to have another popup. It would be easier to have a number in the corner of each icon in the foundry.

IMO that's unobstrusively useless. A popup would be more effective--not many people craft 2x the same item anyways. This is just on those rare brainderp occasions.

Maybe an "Abort" button could be helpful ? If i build a [insert a bp name], and 5 minutes later I find "The incredible bp i was looking for 3 month", I think it could be cool to abort the [insert a bp name] construction because i need X or Y mat to build the other.

I agree with not having an extra dialog box, we dont need two confirmations. In my case it really was a case of me not being careful. I agree with 0rodreth's suggestion, the abort button. I mean even if it started consuming some resources while building and there was a slight penalty scaled on the progress of the build it would be smart.

i never start crafting a warframe unless i have all parts, this helps a lot ;-)

next to that, to stop confusion go to Arsenal->inventory and delete doubled, unneeded BP's of warframes

i myself crafted a double once as well, but the need of people not wanting to use their brain is sad, sorry to be that rude (and this is not just pointed solely at you)

on the other side, an abort/cancel button would be great

Detecting duplicates and showing a dialog would be easy,

However there's issues with just using this simple logic:

• Crafting a component that is only used to craft something else that you have. I would assume you would want to be warned of this. Example: you have an Ash frame and click to start building Ash systems, should there be a popup? You have an item (Ash) and the item you want to build (Ash systems) is (only) used for that item. The logic to figure this out gets messy, it'd be something along the lines of: What can the item the BP makes be used to build? If only 1 item, does user have that item? If so show dialog. Then you get into the problem of dual wielding pistols that take 2 of the same pistol. If they already have the dual pistols and decide to make a single, does it show a dialog? (the pistol it makes is used in only 1 blueprint, the duals)

• If I decide to build a reactor/catalyst/forma and already have one in my inventory should I get this pop-up? Obviously you would say no, but from a programming POV its no different than detecting duplicates: you already have the item the blueprint builds and you selected to build it again, so we display an extra alert. Only way around this is to 'flag' or blacklist certain items from displaying the popup, this becomes an ongoing maintenance as they add more items.

Yes you could program around all of this but what first looks like a simple 'check if I have this item already', turns into multiple lines of if-then statements for several scenarios. If this wasn't a game I would call them 'business rules'. They aren't logically simple, there's just a bunch of cases you have to test for and do an appropriate response and worse they change over time and have to be looked at again and again.