Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Suggestions

syphin38

So I posted these suggestions a while back but now that we are in open beta and have alot more opinions I wanted to see if I could get any more feedback.

1. This one was inspired by the radar bug. I personally found it somewhat enjoyable to try and figure my own way out of the mission whenever my radar would bug. It was alot more dynamic then just the usual linear follow waypoint do objective follow waypoint leave that I was so used too. What I propose is to have a dynamic event that can happen randomly like getting locked in where they jam your radar. You can either find the radar jammer and destroy it to regain your radar or finish the level without it.

2. Stemming from the dynamic events. I thought it would be cool if the levels were split and sometimes had multiple paths to get to the same area. Better yet an event could happen that splits your party in half (i.e. a halway in a ship that has taken some hits explodes and seperates everyone or in pairs of 2's) and you would have to find a way to meet back up. Or have 2 objectives that need to be complete simultaneously.

3. We should get more xp from style kills (sliding, shooting mid-air, shooting while wall running, melee slide, etc...) or perhaps make them do more damage, any incentive to use them besides looking awesome. Also they should degrade the more you use them until you add more variety. After the first couple slide kills they give normal xp prompting you too integrate more variety into your dance of death that is warframe combat.

4. Multi party raids. You and your 3 squadmates can go into a specific mission that acts as a lobby. While you are completing your 4 person mission other parties are also doing theirs. You will eventually get to a room where you must defend/survive an onslaught of enemies while the other parties are finishing the mission once everyone is in their defence rooms a final challenging wave is spawned. Once all parties have finished this wave a cutscene will ensue while each party is merged together into the final boss room. The boss should be big and dymanic with multiple objectives and phases so everyone has something more to do then just shoot at it. Perhaps there could even be some objectives that require elite use of wall running/jumping/chaining and dodging skills. Some tenno could work on taking out shield generators and protecting them from grineer/corpus engineers trying to bring them back online. While other tenno are finding materials to make a massive explosive device to finish the monstrosity. The possibilities are limitless. This would be an excellent part of end-game and require very coordinated teamwork (i.e. the type you find in clans)

5. Warframe ability specific places on map that can alter/shortcut. Like a laser field where rhino could charge/inron skin through and open the door for the rest of his team. Since the game is based on cells only cells that 1 of 4 frames in the party can access will spawn (i.e. if there is a trap only Loki can get through with decoy + swap then it will only spawn if there is in fact a loki in the party.) It doesn't have to be ability specific either, there could be context actions where depending on your frame you do something different ( i.e. you come to a retracted bridge, rhino presses the context button and rips a beam from a nearby wall and making a makeshift bridge, whereas if volt pressed the button he would shoot electricity accross the abyss to the other side and promts the bridge to extend.

6. More secret rooms. Ones that really require more exploration/ excellent wallrunning/movement skills.

7. Mission modifiers for the people who want a greater difficulty. You can select these in the lobby of a private game and vote on them in public ones. Stuff like pistol only or enemies do double damage. There can be extra rewards depending on how hard the modifiers are and how many you can do at once. These could maybe even be like artifacts where you collect them from alerts or from exploring and finding them in certain secret rooms.

8. Being able to jump sideways from a vertical wall-run instead of only backwards. Also I was just playing around with trying to do a bunch of different things at once seeing if I could find any bugs and I managed to wall run while charging my scindo, needless to say it look so amazing I tried for 30 minutes to recreate it but to no avail. I think that would be something awesome to add still having the tap E attack but also holding E will keep you running while charging until you lunge of with an amazing finish.

If you look at the first part of my post I state that I had already posted this a looong time ago back in CB before alot of the aforementioned threads. However, I don't really care who thinks of them as long as we all agree that some of these ideas would make warframe even more enjoyable then it already is :)

Also I looked at your thread and it does have some pretty awesome Ideas! I hope the devs look and both threads and seriously consider these suggestions.