The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Games Connection Issues...

(XBOX)CaIavid

Question

So ive been playing since November and the connection capabilities been nothing but a downhill spiral. its gotten to the point where i cant even COMPLETE a match anymore, without being lagged out. once i got lucky and it started disconnecting as everyone made it to the extraction, and i was able to get rewards even though my screen was black static and i had an obnoxious message saying GTFO. but this is just ridiculous. im still farming frost p and i cant get anything because it keeps DC'ing me. can anyone tell me how to fix this, or if DE is going to fix it, because im seeing these same problems everywhere and no answers. im really enjoying this game, especially after the horrors of destiny, but this is just deal breaking. i cant go to relays, i cant play missions, i cant even progress story missions in solo mode. this game cant be that popular and broken at the same time. anyone know anything?

8 answers to this question

So ive been playing since November and the connection capabilities been nothing but a downhill spiral. its gotten to the point where i cant even COMPLETE a match anymore, without being lagged out.

I am also an xbox player, are you sure that these connection issues are not your own?  I have no issues connecting with other players and I have yet to lag out of a mission.  Seeing as sessions on warframe use a host player's connection, and the sessions aren't hosted from a dedicated server, your issue is limited to your connection.

Hardwire your internet instead of wifi if you haven't already - Destiny forced me to do that on my PS3, and in game lower your ping settings. It gives you that warning message at anything less than 300, but I've been having a much better experience since I changed it to 200, and I've seen people recommend 150 or less.  Have you checked your in game region?  Changing it can make a difference too, I get a lot more lag when I change it to anything other than NA East.

DE can't fix your connection.

Its always the game's fault, never the ISP or the user or whatever.   I see this in every game I play ... the game guys need to fix something because one user out there is having net problems?!   Put that mentality down and get to the root of the problem.

Ive got top of the line internet, fiberoptic in a gig city, with a wired connection all the way.    Ive not had a bit of trouble in any game that did not have a PSA about its server having a problem...  in years.   

Warframe is a little odd when grouped because you are at the mercy of peer to peer (at least on pc, not sure about consoles), but if your internet is good you should be able to run solo fine.  If you can't run solo fine, you need to look into your connection.   By fine I mean zero lag and 40+ fps.  

Edited by jonnin

DE can't fix your connection.

Its always the game's fault, never the ISP or the user or whatever.   I see this in every game I play ... the game guys need to fix something because one user out there is having net problems?!   Put that mentality down and get to the root of the problem.

Ive got top of the line internet, fiberoptic in a gig city, with a wired connection all the way.    Ive not had a bit of trouble in any game that did not have a PSA about its server having a problem...  in years.   

Warframe is a little odd when grouped because you are at the mercy of peer to peer (at least on pc, not sure about consoles), but if your internet is good you should be able to run solo fine.  If you can't run solo fine, you need to look into your connection.   By fine I mean zero lag and 40+ fps.  

i'm afraid to say that i can't approve what you saying.

there are lots of things connected together that can create the impossible.same as the problems these guys are complaining about and i'm about to do that too.

since the update (the second dream) playing warframe has been a nightmare to me. before update,every thing was just fine!

no freezing,no random session join failing,no things like that,BUT,since the update,i cant even play solo!things happen that i cant even believe.

like finishing a mission and waiting to see the rewards to that,and BAM! shows mission failed,and i have to kill myself to see what i have won.

want more? after  coming back to the liset,my liset freezes, sometimes it takes about a minute and  all holograms in the liset get back online.

and sometimes that freeze just keeps freezing, like i leave my pc for 15 minutes,and still freezed, (and by freeze i mean,no access to

navigation,market,syndicate,friends list,clan,etc)

so you still saying that all of these are because of internet connection problems? because i dont think so,and im so mad of this,cause it has caused

me to fail to farm that unsealed vault's precious items.

Due to the high amount of people coming back into the game, or just now getting it, the servers have been under immense stress (you may find connections less then adequate around the afternoon, early evening times mostly) as this is prime time for many people to log on and play.

DE has stated that their mission is to get an increased number of Servers to support this increased amount of Activity.

But, not all of the connection issues are the fault of DE,nor the cause of the server status. Most connection issues are your personal connection to. Checking your speed is important, as well as turning off anything that isn't needed that may be hogging up your internet.

In your Network settings, performing regular Speed tests can help you with connection issues.

Thanks for the responses.

I have portforwarded my modem. i did so when i was still playing destiny. Every other device in the house is working fine. So, i had a brilliant idea. Download warframe to my PC, and see whats happening when i play on a device with open NAT and 5 bars. Just so the test was acurate, i went to portforward.com and looked at all the ports needed for warframe and allowed them to my PC. did full reboots of both modem and computer. and i played for a few hours. worked great. until it didnt. eventually the problems just started rolling in again. i apologize for the insensitive nature of my initial statement, but it does not change the fact that this annoys me. the only factor i cant account for in my tests was the fact i live in australia, the bane of all internets, with a wooping 1mb/sec on a good day. as someone who goes to uni for game dev, theres not much a company can do when it comes to connections to the player. i understand this. but errors in code, faulty machinery and a whole array of dev related items can be held in accountance with connection issues. its not my wish to sound like a whiny B**** but im out of options here. additionally, just for proof of concept, i tried 3 other sources of internet other than my dads house. my mums, my phone, and a friends house. all the same problems. the boot to orbit is less occurant now than the afor-mentioned "always" but still occurs.

my intention was not to nag but to A. see if there might be a fix B. post it so DE hears. its a very BETA player mindset, but the problems that are yelled about the most are the ones fixed first.

Thank you again for the responses and i hope we kind find a fix because i do love this game.

Edited by (XB1)CaIavid

and there you have it.   A 1 MB/sec connection over satellite (unless DE has an aussie server, which I don't think they do?)  is at least *some* of the problem.   Coming and going might be peak/offpeak hours for the satellites, but I don't know that for sure.  

I am not offended, nor was I trying to be offensive.    But you are looking at 1/10 or so of modern home speeds "on a good day" as you said.  This has an effect.