Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banning For The Use Of Sweetfx

vfxninjaeditor

Hey,

I hope all of you are having a fantastic time playing Warframe. I know for a fact that my friend is not. You see, he was banned for using SweetFX to color correct his game the way he liked. I also use SweetFX on my game, purely for cosmetic reason - to make the game look better.

The way we see it is that it's ridiculous. For a game that's not even PVP. Borderlands 2 doesn't moderate wether you use injectors/the cheat engine, they don't care one bit.

I understand that the Warframe team has the right to ban any account on their own terms, but I would ask for them to consider letting us who have a creative side have some freedom. My friend will be contacting support about reactivating his account.

Until then, I will not longer be putting any money toward Warframe (or playing it for that matter).

EDIT: Due to the fact that SweetFX is on the 'safe list', It may be that he was banned lousy auto banning detection. People in other sections of the forum consider the cheat detection to be too sensitive - it detects programs that have nothing to do with cheating as cheat programs.

--

Joshua

p.s. If any staff/developer tells me that they can't detect SweetFX, I am not buying it. If you have some punk buster service detecting it in the first place, you can detect whether it's SweetFX or a cheat.

Also, I hope it's ok to put this topic in this thread. It took me a little while to decide where to post as I didn't see any specific thread that made sense.

Edited by vfxninjaeditor

SweetFX is on the safe list. If he was banned, it was not because of SweetFX.

Good that he is contacting support, they will tell him the real reason he got banned.

I have a hard time believing this because you even said "I also use SweetFX on my game", well you're not banned. If it was because of SweetFX, you would be banned too. 2+2 does not equal fish...

Edited by FateZero

SweetFX is on the safe list. If he was banned, it was not because of SweetFX.

Good that he is contacting support, they will tell him the real reason he got banned.

I have a hard time believing this because you even said "I also use SweetFX on my game", well you're not banned. If it was because of SweetFX, you would be banned too. 2+2 does not equal fish...

You would be correct. I went through pages of posts and finally confirmed that SweetFX is on the safe list.

You can believe what you want, but nothing I am saying is being said deceitfully. I have been talking with my friend, he says that he only had work programs open at the time. He doesn't run anything that is considered bannable. I read throughout the forum that many people consider the Warframe cheat detection to be very sensitive. Unless he is lying, maybe the cheat detection auto banned him for something that it shouldn't have.

Did your friend use any exploits, even if not cheat programs?

examples being;

Leaving as a void key host (Thus getting your key back and giving your friends a free ride) repeatedly?

Creating multiple accounts to buy free forma?

Duplicating foundry built items?

You would be correct. I went through pages of posts and finally confirmed that SweetFX is on the safe list.

You can believe what you want, but nothing I am saying is being said deceitfully. I have been talking with my friend, he says that he only had work programs open at the time. He doesn't run anything that is considered bannable. I read throughout the forum that many people consider the Warframe cheat detection to be very sensitive. Unless he is lying, maybe the cheat detection auto banned him for something that it shouldn't have.

I said I have a hard time believing, but I didn't say I don't believe such a thing can happen. The system has been pretty good and most of the people that do get banned, then posts a topic, then get unbanned don't post what DE support said they got banned for, so we don't know about false positives.

Now you say he had work programs open too, but jumped that SweetFX was the cause? There isn't a public list of programs that show what is considered bannable, so who knows which other program he had open was the cause.

Edited by FateZero

Did your friend use any exploits, even if not cheat programs?

examples being;

Leaving as a void key host (Thus getting your key back and giving your friends a free ride) repeatedly?

Creating multiple accounts to buy free forma?

Duplicating foundry built items?

Could please explain the last two in detail?

Could please explain the last two in detail?

1; making a new account gives you 50 platinum, forma costs 20, so you make an account, buy 2 forma, join a clan, add forma to the resource pool, delete the account, repeat.

2; To my knowledge still exists, so I won't go into too much detail, but it involves allowing a blueprint to complete, selling it before you claim and then rushing a new one.

There's timing and sequence involved, and it's not particuarly rewarding, but you can have duplicates of certain wepaons/warframes/etc. It's only really useful for potatos, forma and other consumables.

I said I have a hard time believing, but I didn't say I don't believe such a thing can happen. The system has been pretty good and most of the people that do get banned, then posts a topic, then get unbanned don't post what DE support said they got banned for, so we don't know about false positives.

Now you say he had work programs open too, but jumped that SweetFX was the cause? There isn't a public list of programs that show what is considered bannable, so who knows which other program he had open was the cause.

Yeah, no problem dude. We will definitely post the information on his ban after we receive the info. :)

He jumped on SweetFX because it's an injector obviously. Getting suddenly banned, it was the most obvious choice. You are correct, without a public lists of bannable offences we will not know (unless they provide it through his contacting support).

1; making a new account gives you 50 platinum, forma costs 20, so you make an account, buy 2 forma, join a clan, add forma to the resource pool, delete the account, repeat.

2; To my knowledge still exists, so I won't go into too much detail, but it involves allowing a blueprint to complete, selling it before you claim and then rushing a new one.

There's timing and sequence involved, and it's not particuarly rewarding, but you can have duplicates of certain wepaons/warframes/etc. It's only really useful for potatos, forma and other consumables.

Yep, we both had no idea you could do those things....the first one seem very time consuming. We both believe in hard work equaling profit. Therefore, the only way we obtain anything is by paying for it or waiting on blueprints.

" I know for a fact that my friend is not. You see, he was banned for using SweetFX to color correct his game the way he liked."

WHY IS IT ALWAYS MY FRIEND AND HE ?

Every time a BAN THREAD POPS-UP. ITS ALWAYS COUSIN/ROOM MATE/ FRIEND ..........................

FFS.......

Why cant the guy who got banned, make a thread ?

Edited by Zyfe3rX

" I know for a fact that my friend is not. You see, he was banned for using SweetFX to color correct his game the way he liked."

Every time a BAN THREAD POPS-UP. ITS ALWAYS COUSIN/ROOM MATE/ FRIEND ..........................

FFS.......

That's a good question. My only answer is that I offered to make the thread because he was busy contacting support. I also made the thread because I assumed it was SweetFX which I use as well. If it was, then I could be banned as well. I originally posted for my friend and myself.

FFS.......

Good question, I was contacting CS. and he offered to create it. I'll post the results here as soon as they come in. Personally,  I'm thinking in was some kind of glitch with the auto ban-bot. Hopefully CS can tell me what's going on or at least release some kind of application list that the ban-bot is sensitive too. 

This kind of thing belongs on a blog, not on the forum at the most. Ideally this shouldn't be talked about in the slightest, and left to just Support. I mean you're just ranting off about nothing that has to do with gameplay, it's certainly not feedback, and you're not even the person it affected. Your friend was the only person here "doing it right". The only place that could be remotely accurate for a thread like this is "general bugs" or "general discussion".

Ok folks here's what they said. 

"Hi Onebattleman,

With the recent patch we enabled automatic banning of players running cheating programs or attempting to modify the game to gain unfair advantage, we have a 0 tolerance policy for such activities. Last time you played Warframe we detected such a program on your system or detected an attempt to modify the game and as a result your account was banned. We are giving you another chance in the hopes that there was no true malice intended on your part.

This is your one and only warning: If our system finds you running 'cheat' programs like cheatengine or catches you attempting to modify the game to gain unfair advantage again the next ban will be permanent. "

So apparently they detected some kind of "cheat" program running on my system. I forgot to check what processes were running, but I do know the only programs I had opened were the Adobe suite, Microsoft Office, Crome, and Skype.  Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was going to record using liteCam which does overlay the game/program. 

We were playing a very glitched map which forced us to abort the mission because we were unable to complete it. 

I've ask for some kind of list that we could use, because as of now, I don't know what program caused it to auto-ban me. We'll see what they say. 

Here's how they replied, "Any program capable of modifying memory values, such as Cheat Engine, has the potential to trip our security features. The SweetFX program should not have caused your system to trip our security features. "

I must of had a program running in the background that tripped with security features. I've restarted, and scanned my system which did find three viruses. Hopefully it's all cleared up now, and shouldn't be a problem.  

Here's how they replied, "Any program capable of modifying memory values, such as Cheat Engine, has the potential to trip our security features. The SweetFX program should not have caused your system to trip our security features. "

I must of had a program running in the background that tripped with security features. I've restarted, and scanned my system which did find three viruses. Hopefully it's all cleared up now, and shouldn't be a problem.  

Nice to know you got cleared up and dang three viruses o.o'*. (scans computer now)* Darn they didn't say what was the cause :(.

This kind of thing belongs on a blog, not on the forum at the most. Ideally this shouldn't be talked about in the slightest, and left to just Support. I mean you're just ranting off about nothing that has to do with gameplay, it's certainly not feedback, and you're not even the person it affected. Your friend was the only person here "doing it right". The only place that could be remotely accurate for a thread like this is "general bugs" or "general discussion".

Forgive me for annoying everybody. I made this post late at night not really thinking of where this should go. No, it's not a rant. It's a statement, along with appropriate recognition that the Warframe team reserves the right to ban anyone for anything they deem bannable.

Thanks for pointing out that I am an idiot.