Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Improvements To Hud/ Player Interface

Nox_Lux

Hey guys, I'm just a average player on Warframe, and very new to forums, so forgive me for my

lack of understanding how things work here.

I want to start out by saying that, I believe that the HUD in-game could use some really great

features that would really make it more engaging to the player.

Possible Improvements to HUD(Sentinel Ability Control/Panel)

I've always felt, that I was never in control of how my Sentinel should operate since it was controlled by an AI, that I felt never made the best choices in given conditions. The panel for the Sentinel, should kind of be like the one for our Warframes; displaying level, health, shields, energy, and skills. And also we should be able to use their skills at our discretion when the skills meet the required conditions to be used.This would give us the ability to utilize our sentinels to our play-styles more. (For example, when you need the Wyrm to use its radial stuns, but it's out of energy, through using it all on small amounts of enemies of 1-2, you have a moment where you want to pull your hair out, because now you're swarmed, and eventually you get downed for it.)

Player Interface

(Please don't mind the subtitle, I wasn't sure what to label this section.)

So, many of us have seen the trailer right? If you haven't, here's a link.

Warframe Open Beta Launch Trailer:

Now that you've all definitely watched it,it really displays how Warframe should be played, the fluidity, and the potential for huge player interaction it could have. Notice how the Tenno in trailer look at the other Tenno when they're in danger, and then follow through with a simple head nod, to confirm an upcoming action that just looks so fluid. I believe they should add some options for talking to the team, through "radio" commands, commonly found in other games, such as Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike. Or even a simple button that would have that player call out for assistance, and then for all the players on that person's team to have a quick icon pop up on their HUDs, displaying the player-requiring-assistance's avatar picture, and/or name. And then all Tenno's in-game models on his team could do a quick motion facing the direction of the player calling for help. Or another option, would be to include a series of buttons mapped to corresponding players(For Example: F1=player 1, F2=player 2, and so on). And whenever you press those buttons, your camera will switch to facing that player's direction. All of these ideas, I feel, would really increase the fluidity in-game and increase player interaction, in this game that makes you kind of feel like a lone wolf, even when you have teammates with you, and give you those over-the-top moments, demonstrated in the trailer.

Thanks for reading, and please reply with feedback on this, it would really help.

Edited by DyingHades

More control over our Sentinels?

Decent idea.

Small little animations that add to the teamplay essence without ruining flow. Nice.

(though there should be limits to keep it from being spammed, and also maybe a UI option that allows us to choose whether we respond to calls)

+999999 votes. (there would be more 0 and 9s, but it would surpass the limit of your understanding :T)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

Small little animations that add to the teamplay essence without ruining flow. Nice.

(though there should be limits to keep it from being spammed, and also maybe a UI option that allows us to choose whether we respond to calls)

True, but I'd leave the timing window on the usage of the "help me" button and the option of whether or not to actually respond to calls, to the DE team.

Edited by DyingHades