The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Network Connection Lost, Returning To Main Menu. (Update)

(XBOX)HiddenGinja

Ok so this issue has been happening nearly every single update, I've traced people complaining about this error on updates back to November 2014 and probably even further back. 

I've been in touch with Dev Support for the past 7 days... And this is a list of everything that HAS NOT worked (for me...)

- Uninstall and reinstalling the game 
- Manually re-forwarding all my ports on my router myself 
- Spending $40 on portforwarding program to forward my ports. 
- Changing UPnP from enabled to disabled then back to enabled. 
- Checking if router is up to date on firmware. 
- Turning of xbox and router for 30 seconds. 
- Hard resetting my xbox. 
- Deleting save data everywhere. 
- Deleting reserved space. 
- Contacting my ISP to ask if there's anything wrong on their end.

As of yet both myself and the Dev support person i'm talking to still have no idea how to fix this...

No kidding, towards the end of the week he just stopped replying. Think they have ran out of ideas. Contacted my ISP again yesturday, had them run through my router port settings, check my connection line etc. They said theres no issues with my ports or anything. So I got curious and decided to contact microsoft, they took me through the network settings, clearing xbox caches etc. Still nothing. So if my ISP is saying its not my internet, and microsoft is saying its not my xbox, surely that just leaves the game itself and their servers.

• 3 weeks later...

The same problem has been occurring with me. Every time I load Warfame, pick a mission, and begin playing the mission, I get a glitched screen and message returning me to the main menu. Furthermore, I can not join or host any game.

This issue is frustrating to no end as I do not have authority to port forward or modify my internet connection as a student at my college. I have a friend in my hall playing Warframe on PS4 and he has had no issues.

It seems the problem lies in the XB1 version of Warframe.

Has anyone found a solution for this bug/error?

• 2 weeks later...

For the past month in a half I have been getting kicked out of games and constantly getting the error message lost connection to host 15-30 times a day. i cant even play the game anymore, I even tried to solo the tactical alert 5 waves remaining and I got kicked out and got the same error message so apparently I lost connection to myself   WTF   <(O_O<)  its getting out of control, most people cant even get past the loading screen. DE has to do something or else people aren't going to be able to play this game, its getting worse :(

Having the same issue myself After changing from an ADSL connection

Used to love Warframe now its F***ing impossible to play as i keep getting kicked all the time...

I can still play with my mobile connection but i get a stright NAT type and cant join almost anyone

• 1 month later...

For past couple days 
Every time i go to start a mission it says "Creating session please wait." then immediately says "Failed to connect to server. You will be logged out." and i get booted.
And most of the time I can use chat and have even bought Platinum in the store. But once i go to select a mission i get the same message. Or a few times it has connected and once the mission is loaded and i'm about to play i get the "Failed to connect" message and i get booted to the main menu. No matter how long ive waited. And its not my internet because i bought a new router a day ago and everything is still the same way. But for some reason everything connects without issue if i switch the matchmaking option to SOLO.... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, usually I can play when I am the Host or the first player in the mission. If I am joining a mission I get booted always due to "Network Problems". BUT my Network Reporting tool runs smoothly. Also my Bandwidth and Ping are excellent and the XBL Ports are open. I use "Kabeldeutschland 100K" and it runs mit smooth 90-99 K and a ping of 20-29 ms

I had the same Problems with "Trackmania" and the workaround is setting the DNS manually within the XBOX One. I haven´t testet it but maybe the Google DNS are better then the DNS from my Provider. You never know.

I have this issue, but its even more odd and infuriating.  If I solo, I WILL be disconnected at some point.

I solo farm with Nekros on places like mercury (survival) so I will run up to an hour solo... problem is the last few weeks I literally get dissconnected from every solo mission if its long enough.  Sometimes its like 10 minutes in, sometimes 45 mins in... but i have to gamble with my time because there has been at least 20-30 missions now where ive basically lost 30 mins to 1 hour of my time because of this crap.  Its really REALLY annoying and Ive lost rare stances and stuff because of it.

I like to solo farm because dummies always want to leave in 5 mins (theyre obviously just trying to unlock nodes) when Im trying to stay for at least 30-1hour.  But its now impossible.  I dont know how much longer I can take being in a mission for a LONG time and getting disconnected for no reason at all (it just happened and I was at the 48 minute mark).  I have really fast internet too so its not that.

Does ANYONE else have this problem?  I ONLY get disconnected like that when I select solo mode.  Its like DE is telling me to go EFF myself or trying to play a PVE multiplayer game by myself at times.  This only really started sometime a few weeks days before the Inaros update.

Like OP, Ive done all the usual methods everyone tells you to do.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me every game. I can start the mission just fine but eventually my character runs in place then it goes to black screen with a thin colorful pixilated line through the center of screen with the dialog box stateing " connection to host has been lost". i have however found that the problem only really happens when i am on the xbox wifi. plugging ethernet in helps the problem out but is not always convenient to do. so it seems to be a stability issue. i have also opened all ports, open nat, and set static ip ect. but on wifi nothing helps. Every other game i play on wifi runs just fine except warframe, tho i do believe opening ports helped with a few games like gta5 online and destiny. i do hope a fix for this happens soon.

I just started to get the same problem a few days ago as well. In my 2 years of playing this game this has not happened to me before. The thing is i have tried the solutions as well and it seems this only started for me when i got the newest xbox official update on the game (you know where the game does not start up but says this game has an update and you need to download it to play/launch the game). I might look into it for about another week but if it is still the same issue i might just have to quit. sorry to say it but i would hate to leave a game i have all the warframes and all the weapons to just because of a issue of the connection to even play single player missions when everyother game i play on my xbox is fine with my connection.