Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox One Console Creation Kit Countdown!

dangerdragon117

as the title says, I will be posting regular updates every so often. so nice to see console is slowly become part of the modding community. give it ten years or so and it will be the Modding Wild West. post your opinions below whether you think this is good or bad for the console community.

I think it's good, for both players and corporate commander. Veteran Xbox players could use mods, giving them incentive to stick with Xbox/Microsoft, rather than switch to PC. It's a win-win. I hope more games take this route. So long as the mods stay free...

although they're trying to moderate the modding wild west for appearance sake, which is no easy task.

fallout 4 creation kit, that's what.

I DO have an xbox one, it would be nice to mod both.

The xbox 360 and PS3 were also moddable. While limited by available processing power and nothing exceeding the default resolution you could add your own textures and items into a lot of games. Also you took the risk of being banned if you got caught with mods online, so it was only recommended for simgleplayer games like skyrim.

pc modding, modding wild west.

there will be restrictions what you can get on console modding.

The PS4 is about an above average gaming PC in terms of stats. So it won't be that limited.

The xbox 360 and PS3 were also moddable. While limited by available processing power and nothing exceeding the default resolution you could add your own textures and items into a lot of games. Also you took the risk of being banned if you got caught with mods online, so it was only recommended for simgleplayer games like skyrim.

The PS4 is about an above average gaming PC in terms of stats. So it won't be that limited.

xbox and ps4 will be moderated, not cause of performance, just because they don't want any adult content on the console.

xbox and ps4 will be moderated, not cause of performance, just because they don't want any adult content on the console.

Heh, they can't moderate mods unless they are forced through a download site. Modding on PS3/Xbox 360 consisted of adding the mod to a flash drive and putting it on the hard drive. The game either recognizes it as an expansion or a save file.

they are...

Yes, but, they aren't able to stop mods homebrewed and put on flash drives like the old system. Not that I condone the use of nude mods, but there's practically no way either Microsoft or Sony could stop these mods in a single player environment. PS4 and XB1 OS have both been cracked, even though PS4 was only recent, so there will be a known way to make the console accept the mods.

Edited by Pharen

Yes, but, they aren't able to stop mods homebrewed and put on flash drives like the old system. Not that I condone the use of nude mods, but there's practically no way either Microsoft or Sony could stop these mods in a single player environment. PS4 and XB1 OS have both been cracked, even though PS4 was only recent, so there will be a known way to make the console accept the mods.

with the recent variety of creatures (lizards, phantoms, minotaurs etc) that have attacked xbox live/pslive, I think they would likely make it a criminal offence.

Edited by dangerdragon117

with the recent variety of creatures (lizards, phantoms, minotaurs etc) that have attacked xbox live/psn, I think they would likely make it a criminal offence.

As I said, in a singleplayer environment. I highly doubt anyone's going to dob themselves in.

Edited by Pharen

As I said, in a singleplayer environment. I highly doubt anyone's going to dob themselves in.

but I doubt anyone would give their up freedom just to mod. with all these cracks you can never update.

maybe they might change their minds and allow all mods. I think it'll hurt them in the long run if they don't.

but I doubt anyone would give their up freedom just to mod. with all these cracks you can never update.

maybe they might change their minds and allow all mods. I think it'll hurt them in the long run if they don't.

Naa I'm not referring to homebrewing the console just to put dodgy mods on, I'm referring to working out how the PS4/Xbone authenticates mods and finding a workaround to make it accept the homebrew mods.

Naa I'm not referring to homebrewing the console just to put dodgy mods on, I'm referring to working out how the PS4/Xbone authenticates mods and finding a workaround to make it accept the homebrew mods.

okay then maybe it might work out, for us that is. the console managers will be crapping themselves trying to moderate it all.