The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some New Player Questions

Bsrlinmaz

Question

Just started cpl. days ago, and have some unrelated questions...should each question be in separate post?  I am playing on desktop PC, through Steam...if that matters (I've been told some things vary slightly between PC and consoles).

1. Regarding blueprints: is the blueprint consumed when I make the item?  I have multiple copies of the blueprint for the Seer pistol...will each blueprint make only one pistol?

2. The Wiki indicates all the needed parts for the Seer pistol drop from the same Boss (Captain Vor on Mercury)...if there is no indication otherwise, then it is the only source for those parts?  

3. I ran that mission 4 or 5 times last night and got several copies of the pistol blueprint, as well as blueprints for a sword named Cronus, several copies of the barrel, as well as 3 or 4 Venus Nav. Segments...is it normal to get additional copies of something already in my inventory?

4. Regarding Missions: when a mission on a planet is available to me the small rectangle has a white glow/outline, and after the mission is completed the white outline is gone...but I currently have an indicator/rectangle on Mercury for the "Larunda Relay" and after visiting the relay two different times the glowing outline is still there, indicating the mission is not completed...will this affect my ability to deploy an extractor to that planet?

5. Do all missions on a planet have to be completed before an extractor can be deployed?  If I complete all of them except one, and it is available/unlocked would I be able to deploy the extractor?  Currently there is a mission labeled "Interception" which I cannot complete at my current level, and so I wondered if I do all the others and leave that one unlocked but not completed, would I be able to deploy the extractor?

6. Regarding Extractors: does the extractor have to run for it's entire cycle in order for me to get the resources?  The Titan Extractor says it requires 4 hours...but the Wiki page for extractors also says they can be damaged while on the planet and need to be recalled before health goes to zero or I will lose the extractor permanently.  If I have to recall it before the 4-hour timer expires will I get any resources at all, or is it an all or nothing scenario?

Thank you for your time and assistance. 

9 answers to this question

1. Some blueprints are reusable, but most of them are consumed in the crafting. So you can only get 1 seer out of your blueprint.

2. Yes, the parts are all on his droptable and which part you will get is randomly decided. Just run the same mission until you get all the parts

3. Yes, as it is decided by RNG what you get, you may get several copies of the same item. Mostly you can sell those for creds in your inventory menu

4.No, the relay isn't a mission, but a node where you can meet other players. Don't worry about completion.

5. All missions need to be unlocked, do also your interception mission.

6. I haven't used an extractor since farming is much more quicker and efficient.

Also, if you need help with the interception, feel free to pm me for help when I'm online

1. Most if not all blueprints are consumed

2. Seer parts can only be dropped by Vor

3. Yup

4. Nope, you're good as long as every node is completed.

5. Yup, you have to complete every node on that planet to deploy a extractor.

6. They have to be recalled

1.  Usually.  Some things, the blueprint won't get consumed for, such as restores or keys.  This is usually stated if it's the case.  Weapons and frames the blueprint is always consumed.

2.  Yep

3.  Yes, there's numerous salt threads about Equinox (requires, essentially, two whole frames to make, so 8 different drops) because of this

4.  That still bugs me that the uncompleted node graphics don't go away, but no, it will not interfere with your ability to drop an extractor.  

5.  Nope, you've gotta get everything done.  For Earth, for example, there's some pretty mid-late game things that have to get done to get all the nodes done, even though it's the starter planet.

6.  Has to go for the whole time.  Tip, though I think this is on the wiki:  an extractor will never get destroyed in one go, but it can be in two, but they repair over time.  If you have two extractors for every one that you need, you'll never have to build another one - just cycle between the two.

Edit:  Double tenno'd

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

Thank you all for the replies/information...

@Cwellann, your comment about the extractor not being destroyed in one go is very helpful, as that was a point I was unsure about: thought I had to keep checking on it's health periodically during it's four-hour run to ensure I did not lose it.  So, if it is at 100% health when I deploy it, there are no worries, and I can log out if necessary, and collect it later, after the min. 4-hour timer?  

Yes, I plan on making multiples, so they can be rotated.

Thank you again for the answers everyone.

Thank you all for the replies/information...

@Cwellann, your comment about the extractor not being destroyed in one go is very helpful, as that was a point I was unsure about: thought I had to keep checking on it's health periodically during it's four-hour run to ensure I did not lose it.  So, if it is at 100% health when I deploy it, there are no worries, and I can log out if necessary, and collect it later, after the min. 4-hour timer?  

Yes, I plan on making multiples, so they can be rotated.

Thank you again for the answers everyone.

If the extractor is at 100% health when deployed, the. You're right. There is no need to worry, generally with my Titan Extractor I put it on a planet (usually Venus or Uranus cause polymer bundles hate me) and I'll let it run its full duration, and if I need to log out I'll claim it when I get back online, no harm done.

Also, welcome to Warframe :D