The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Melee Mods

rohver

Question

5 answers to this question

You could switch out Reach with a Cold mod or something more useful since Exalted blade has the waves, it makes Reach pretty dumb to use.

The waves are created by just attacking so u don't have to do anything special, and I've tried to test how far they go.

Basically they will keep going until the game says it should stop.

I.e. they hit a wall, unbreakable window, too high on the sky, etc

So yeah, no Reach mod and everything else is fine

Pull out critical mod duo - eb has too low crit stats to built upon.

4 elemental mods (radiation, viral but corrosive and blast would probably work well too) rest is

pressure point, life strike, furry and (yes) beserker, Forget spoiled strike - don't use it. 

this combo is imo optimal. High damage, comes out fast and winds up fast, crit chance is still good enough for that.  

Edited by ThorienKELL

Perfect combo is bropken war /c. dervish for me. About skana - probably because with excal you won't use your melee weapon at all. Or your any weapon for that matter, why would you - you have exalted blade. And even if some primaries secondaries can add more flexibility /power /range whatever, no melee weapon cannot add anything to top EB. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

I usually run the following on most melee weapons for exaulted blade:

Point strike, buzz kill (event 120% slash dmg), lifestrike, fury, and 4 90% elementals. Sometimes I swap buzz kill for something like primed reach, or berserker, depending on the melee weapon, as I generally don't sit in exaulted blade cause I find it boring.

Perfect combo is bropken war /c. dervish for me. About skana - probably because with excal you won't use your melee weapon at all. Or your any weapon for that matter, why would you - you have exalted blade. And even if some primaries secondaries can add more flexibility /power /range whatever, no melee weapon cannot add anything to top EB.

For high level enemies I break out the RB build excal with a strong melee (broken war, D nikana, etc) as the RB augment kills pretty much anything.