The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn 2.0, How To Properly Build And Use Her?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

Alright, before I start, the last time I used Saryn was before the rework and I always use her mainly for Miasma; in fact, I always found her a bit boring honestly.

The rework sounds funny, even if a bit more complicated than just pressing 4, which is welcome by the way; now, where do I start? How exactly the powers must be synergized to work the best?

SInce Saryn Prime is coming, I really want to learn how to use her before the release!

Also, what weapons would be useful now?

ATM I am currently using, Sobek, Gammacor (making tysis atm) and Mire any other weapon choices/tips from anyone?

I personally use a Gas Ignis to spread toxin procs (more damage) and Dual Kamas Prime w/ Berzerker to I can quickly pop spores to spread them. Although I usually end up going full melee once the enemy levels get high enough, depends on squad composition and experience.

Energy Siphon, Handspring (Exilus)

Fleeting Expertise, Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Stretch

Vitality, Steel Fiber, Regenerative Molt, Rage

Weapon: Broken War

Keep Lash up at all times, hold Block at all times. Cast Spore at something in a crowd, then whack it with Lash to spread viral/toxin everywhere, then cast Miasma or just whack everything to death. Channel with Lifestrike if you only need minor healing. Cast Molt when you need more healing, or suspect you will soon.

I tend to play Saryn as the Spore Queen and build for Duration, Range, and Power. keep Toxic Lash up and pop Spores on the first group I see and beat the crap out of them with my weapon (Mios and Galatine are wonderful for this, though I sometimes use a Corrosive Status Lecta) to spread the spores, then I basically just run around using my Toxic-Lash melee on everything I see covered in my spores (which after a few encounters is basically half the map) just to keep the chain going, run a Truth weapon to take advantage of the radial proc, and if you find yourself in a pickle tap 2 and 4 in quick succession to nuke basically everything in your 4's range. it's a very high-risk build and one single Scorch can give you a REALLY bad time if you let them, Saryn just doesn't have the survivability to last in melee like that as easily as other frames do >.< but it works out really well for me and I deal tons of damage. but then again, I built a "Bomber Nova" that I play whenever I run her, which is ALSO high-risk high-reward, so maybe it's just my playstyle ^^

right now my saryn is more on the support side. and by support I mean viral EVERYTHING. 

it's really simple: build for duration, use spore on an enemy, use toxic lash, melee an enemy 2-3 times,melee an enemy at 10m, repeat a couple of times, and everything has toxic and viral on it. then you can use miasma for damage if you want. but I use it to half the health of all the enemies.