The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance?

(XBOX)AjarBarbecue889

Question

So I'm nearly a MR 12, and apparantly have over 700 hours on Warframe. But there's still one thing I just don't understand. Status chance.

I almost always use corrosive as a status effect, and mainly use my brakk (status chance of 25.5%) and sometimes my soma (status of 24.9%). Problem is, it seems to never proc as much as it should.

I tested this with my latron prime, with a status of 78.1%, and corrosive damage of 715.9 on a corrupted heavy gunner, level 55, 10 times to see how many times it took to proc.

1: 7 shots

2: 1 shot

3: 12 shots

4: 2 shots

5: 2 shots

6: 3 shots

7: 15 shots

8: 1 shot

9: 5 shots

10: 4 shots

The numbers are all over the place, and way too high to be a status chance of 80%. I also can't find anything about it anywhere. Am I missing something? Just bad luck of RNG?

Also, I apologize for the length of the post, it's also my first time using a forum. So if it's been answered or if I'm in the wrong place I also apologize for that. Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Aside from corrosive procs, there are other status procs with your weapon. For example, your latrine latron prime.

~78% status chance of either:

- corrosive

- puncture

- impact

- slash

Considering that the latron prime has those damage types.

You can always use elemental-only weapons if you want to get a certain proc. (e.g. lacera, ninkondi, tysis)

I learned how it works myself not too long ago. Then I built a Serro with corrosive and blast and 50% of my hits proc blast, good CC with primed reach.

Also, corrosive reduces armor by 25% for each time it procs, So the higher the fire rate, the faster the armor goes down.