Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loving Defense Missions Now

S5alad

Now that dropped mods and components are still awarded after failure, I see defense missions being much more enjoyable.  It's also awesome to be able to go until failure, without such terrible consequences for failure.  Makes farming for random mods a much funner, faster experience.    Yeah the RNG sucks and all, but this is a good half way point for now.  Thanks DE!

Wait, is that implemented now? I get stuff for failing?

I don't like this at all! Takes away all the risks while maintaining rewards.

No no, don't like it at all. At all.

This has been happening since 7.8.1, so you've benefited form this for a month now.

There are a few things here to understand, though.

1) The current system doesn't really have higher rewards the more "risk" you take. It's just the same drops.  You're not moving into a higher tier with greater chances at amazing drops.

2) Currently, if you succeed at beating wave 50 and choose to leave, you don't get any of the rewards from wave 5, wave 10, and so on. You keep the mods that you picked up from the floor. You don't get the mods that are awarded every 5 waves. So really what are you risking when you don't get the rewards for taking that risk anyway? I feel like I need to repeat that you don't get to keep the rewards even if you win. There's no reward for your risk.

3) You don't get all the rewards if fail. If you fail, you get 0 credits. You may keep the mods that dropped from the previous waves (saves every 5 waves), but you don't get everything. Fail on wave 9? You'll only get rewards up to wave 5.

So really, while I agree with your sentiment of risk/reward, the current endless defense model doesn't even give you rewards for your risk. It's only risk. As long as you go to the highest levels (e.g. Outer Terminus), you only need to survive through wave 5 to get the best rewards chance.

In livestream #6, DE mentioned they're looking to give way better rewards for risking it at higher waves. I'm sure the mode will improve.

this is old news

but yes your drops are saved/gated every 5 waves, so as long as you survive to 5 if you die on 6 you keep everything you got up to 5

if you died on wave 10 you would only keep what you got up to 5 tho, everything from 6-10 would be lost

and you still lose the bonus xp if you fail, so deciding to leave at 15/20 is better than dying on wave 16/21 since by then you've earned a lot of bonus xp usually