The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Build Help

SatelliteStrike

Question

Hello. So far my only frames besides excal starter is ash p and rhino p. Since rhino tends to be more popular in parties can someone suggest me a build? What I'm looking for is an all purpose build. Rhino skin to be handy to tank and walk into enemies (having it always is good for yourself. Solo helps a lot), a bit of roar to buff allies and stomp for some CC.

Any suggestions what mods I should be using on him?

13 answers to this question

I'll throw you some builds, wait plz...

Edit: I have two builds for different roles that i'll show for now. I do have a third build that I use just for running missions with friends tho if you want to see that.

God Tank Rhino

wDs4fUk.jpg

The armor buffs from Ironclad Charge can make your Ironskin go into 30k+ hp. This build is meant for high intensity runs in the void.

Since the enemies do insane damage at lvl 100+ or so and when my Ironskin goes down so will my life. I use Iron Shrapnel to remove my Ironskin while protected. What I do is when my Ironskin's hp is below 20% or 15%, I charge into a crowd, run away and remove my Ironskin and recast.

CC Kind Rhino

E0CU5pU.jpg

This build is pretty much self explanatory. 60m stomp. 10m cone charge (Could be argued that Ironclad charge could be good on this build aswell) 

I still need to remove Rush for a maxed Cunning Drift. And you could replace Fleeting with Constitution if you feel the need.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Kay. I appreciate it

Well, they're there. So check em out.

How does ironclad affect iron skin. I don't understand just from description

Ironskin's hp scales from Rhino's armor rating. Ironchad charge will increase your armor rating by 50% per individual you hit for 12 seconds. Power strength will affect how much armor you get from the mod. (99% power strength from Blind Rage on a 50% armor buff will make the armor buff go to nearly 100% extra armor per hit, that is a lot man!)

The armor that you get from Ironclad will increase the scaling of Ironskin, and make it the tankest thing you ever did see. Other armor buffs from other abilites and items like Arcane Guradian/Ultimatum and Valkyr's Warcry will also increase Rhino's armor and in turn make his Ironskin better, but only when Ironskin is cast while the armor buffs are active.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Well, they're there. So check em out.

Ironchad charge will increase your armor rating by 50% per individual you hit for 12 seconds. Power strength will affect how much armor you get from the mod. (99% power strength from Blind Rage on a 50% armor buff will make the armor buff go to nearly 100% extra armor per hit)

The armor that you get will increase the scaling of Ironskin, and make it the tankest thing you ever did see.

Again I am still rather new. What is power strenght? And how does ironclad work? Use rhino charge on a group then play iron skin? Or the other way around? Or what's the combo for it lol. Sorry for beeing noob

Again I am still rather new. What is power strenght? And how does ironclad work? Use rhino charge on a group then play iron skin? Or the other way around? Or what's the combo for it lol. Sorry for beeing noob

It's alright, never hurts to ask questions.

Power strength mods are needed on some frames for certain roles. Currnetly, the power strength mods are Intensify (30%) Blind Rage (99% -66% efficiency) Transient Fortitude (55% -25% power duration) and Power Drift (15%)

Say you have a warframe ability that does... 600 damage on an enemy, like Rhino charge. Adding a intensify mod (+30% power strength) will increase the damage of charge to 780 damage. Power Strength effects all of Rhino's abilities, making his charge do more damage (along with the charge combo counter) making his Ironskin tank more damage, making his Roar give you more damage output and making his stomp do more damage as well. But power duration and power range are also factors most players need to account for.

Ironclad charge works like how the mod says. Let's say you have a crowd of like... 5 enemies and you charge into them, hitting them all. The mod states that you get 50% armor per hit on an enemy for 12 seconds. You hit 5 so that's a 250% armor buff, which will take rhino's armor rating from 275 to 962.5. How his armor effects his Ironskin is that his armor rating is multiplied by 250% (The 250% multiplier itself can also be increased by power strength mods) then added to its health. 962.5 turns into 3,368.75 (If you have no power strength mods on) and added to Ironskin's base hp of 1,200 to make 4,568.75 hp.

Correct, first you try to find a good group of enemies, 5 or more would be fine (Or if you are in a team with a vauban, get him to suck all the enemies up into his vortex, then charge into it for easy armor) then you charge into them, and you cast ironskin before the armor buff duration from Ironclad charge ends.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

I have 2 different builds I use for Rhino. One is my solo build, and my other is a team build.

Solo Build:

Rifle Amp - Aura

Power Drift- Exilus (Could also use Coaction Drift if you need more rifle damage)

Armored Agility - Max

Transient Fortitude - R8

Primed Flow - R7

Vitality - R8

Steel Fiber - R8

Intensify - Max

Fleeting Expertise - Max

Streamline - Max

Stats for solo build:

Rhino charge: 1,137.5 damage

Iron Skin: 4,926.25 health

Roar: 1.88 damage multiplier, 5.25 sec duration

Rhino Stomp: 1,400 damage, 1.4 sec duration

Efficiency: Max

Team Build:

Steel Charge - Aura

Power Drift- Exilus (Could also use Coaction Drift if you need more rifle damage)

Steel Fiber - R8

Transient Fortitude - R8

Primed Continuity - R8

Intensify - Max

Redirection - R7

Armored Agility - Max

Primed Flow - R7

Narrow Minded - R5

Team Build Stats:

Rhino Charge: 1,1375.5 damage

Roar: 1.88 damage multiplier, 52.95 sec duration

Rhino Stomp: 1,400 damage, 14.12 sec duration

Efficiency: 100%

The biggest difference between the two builds is the duration and the efficiency. Solo missions I prefer to have a lot of efficiency so I don't have to constantly drop energy pads. Also, I use the stomp more as a CC so I can preposition myself so I don't need the long duration. For the team build, the efficiency isn't as important since most of the team will be taking turns dropping energy, and the abilities will last longer. The goal here is to keep roar up constantly for more damage, and to ensure the enemies are CC'd for a decent amount of time when necessary. 

I have 2 different builds I use for Rhino. One is my solo build, and my other is a team build.

Solo Build:

Rifle Amp - Aura

Armored Agility - Max

Transient Fortitude - R8

Primed Flow - R7

Vitality - R8

Steel Fiber - R8

Intensify - Max

Fleeting Expertise - Max

Streamline - Max

Stats for solo build:

Rhino charge: 1,137.5 damage

Roar: 1.88 damage multiplier, 5.25 sec duration

Rhino Stomp: 1,400 damage, 1.4 sec duration

Efficiency: Max

Team Build:

Steel Charge - Aura

Steel Fiber - R8

Transient Fortitude - R8

Primed Continuity - R8

Intensify - Max

Redirection - R7

Armored Agility - Max

Primed Flow - R7

Narrow Minded - R5

Team Build Stats:

Rhino Charge: 1,1375.5 damage

Roar: 1.88 damage multiplier, 52.95 sec duration

Rhino Stomp: 1,400 damage, 14.12 sec duration

Efficiency: 100%

The biggest difference between the two builds is the duration and the efficiency. Solo missions I prefer to have a lot of efficiency so I don't have to constantly drop energy pads. Also, I use the stomp more as a CC so I can preposition myself so I don't need the long duration. For the team build, the efficiency isn't as important since most of the team will be taking turns dropping energy, and the abilities will last longer. The goal here is to keep roar up constantly for more damage, and to ensure the enemies are CC'd for a decent amount of time when necessary. 

I think the builds need more tweaks, but they look fine.

The solo build could use IronClad Charge and the CC build could use more power range. Can't say no to a 60m stomp!? Now that's some real CC 

:P

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R