The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sword Vs Ceramic Dagger

Yakkabe

Question

I know, I know, weird comparison. But I'm currently sitting on both and can't decide which makes a better Grineer buster. I love the speed of the dagger but am not fond of the low aerial slam radius and I can't crunch the numbers for crap. Anyone out there have any thoughts?

Additional [probably irrelevant] information, I am normally not fond of daggers for the feel of their movement but the ceramic dagger's so blindingly fast I don't mind the way it attacks. And I can drop a little extra radiation damage on it too. Then again, the dark sword can get some corrosive on top...

7 answers to this question

Fair question, but for some reason the dark dagger just didn't click for me. 

Also HOOOOLY crap, I was not even aware this mod was a thing (Yes, I am often a total noob despite having mastery 9). Okay, this alone makes me lean heavily toward the ceramic dagger unless there is something similar offered to swords?

Most swords are generally at the same level, with the exception of three, which are Prisma Skana, Dakra Prime and Broken-War.

Prisma Skana has meh damage, but can use the New Loka syndicate mod giving it 100% more damage, and the syndicate explosion, and it's also Berserker-viable.

Dakra Prime has great damage and range, but isn't Berserker-viable.

Broken-War is not only Berserker-viable, but has even more damage than Dakra Prime.

So, that's the swords I'd check out if you want to change from daggers. However, let me talk a bit about daggers.

Without the use of Covert Lethality, Karyst might be the best dagger, with its high damage, okay attack speed and toxic damage type. However, since the 100 damage bonus on Covert Lethality is directly added to your base damage (It's not 100%, it's 100+, so a normal dagger will get 135 damage with it), the base damage matters much less, and it's the attack speed that is the dominating factor.

With that in mind, the Ceramic Dagger might be the best dagger with Covert Lethality, since it's the fastest. However if you like to have Radiation damage instead, which overall is more balanced across the damage tables, and you're willing to settle for the 2nd fastest dagger, then the Dark Dagger is for you. Also, I really love the way it looks compared to the Ceramic Dagger o3o

Did you try using the Dark Dagger with the syndicate mod? Combined with Covert Lethality puts up very good numbers.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that syndicate mod. That's a really good plus for the Dark Dagger.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Dark Sword? Why not make a compromise and get the Dark Dagger?

Also, very important for daggers: Covert Lethality mod.

Fair question, but for some reason the dark dagger just didn't click for me. 

Also HOOOOLY crap, I was not even aware this mod was a thing (Yes, I am often a total noob despite having mastery 9). Okay, this alone makes me lean heavily toward the ceramic dagger unless there is something similar offered to swords?

Did you try using the Dark Dagger with the syndicate mod? Combined with Covert Lethality puts up very good numbers.

That'd be tempting, but Red Veil hates my guts. ^_^;

Thanks everyone for the responses, this helps my understanding a lot. Definitely going to stick with the Ceramic dagger for my anti-Grineer weapon for now, but now I know how to advance it.