Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Hosting Makes You Do Less Damage With Primary Weapons.

KutieKat

I think this bug has been around awhile, but until today, I never realized it was a bug. When my husband and I play Warframe together, I noticed he would always comment on how easily the enemies died when I shot them, compared to when he shot them. I always thought it was because we had different mod loadouts, and I would just laugh it off. But with the addition of the sorties, and higher level enemies, we quickly saw a huge difference in damage numbers and ease of killing mobs, even when we use the same weapon with the same exact loadout and all maxed mods.

With some testing around, we found out the host always gets gimped damage numbers compared to the peers who connect to the host. We thought maybe it was related to the fact that we play together in the same house with the same IP address. So we had a friend log into my account and host from his IP. He still had the same issues killing. So it isn't IP. Then we thought it was maybe the weapon that was bugged (Vaykor Hek), so we tried the Rakta Cernos and the regular Hek as well. It was the same thing, the host always has gimped damage output.

So to prove I'm not crazy, we both recorded ourselves playing the game, with each of us as a host, and as a peer connected to the host.

Here is the first video, from my computer. I apologize for the low resolution. But, it is still enough to show the bug and issue.

In this video, my husband and I have the same exact weapon, mod levels, and mod loadout for our primary weapon. He initially hosts the party. Note how easily I kill and 1 shot about every enemy from the front. It can be body shots or headshots from the front, it does not matter.

Then we switch roles at 2:21, and I host and he connects to me. You can easily see how much more difficult it is to kill lancers. 

Times to fast forward to see the effects:

1:19 - Husband hosts, I easily kill the laners with body shots and head shots all in 1 shot.

1:40 - Husband hosts, it takes him 3 direct headshots to kill the same lancers.

3:28 - I host, 4 headshots for me to kill lancer.

And here is the second video, in case you guys want to see the same thing from his side:

Edited by KutieKat

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating this thread with more pics in hopes this bug gets looked at. It is a pretty big bug, especially when dealing with higher level enemies with armor.

This is a pic of me hosting and shooting Violence in the head. Note it does about 777 damage per pellet.

P5WCQ6b.jpg

This is a pic of my husband hosting and me doing a headshot on Violence. Note that the damage is about 1440 per pellet. That is about twice the damage as host. 

bnnIxI3.jpg

Guest NinjaFresh007

That is a pretty big issue.  Thanks for pointing this out as I never realized it was a thing.

Let's hope DE prioritizes fixing this bug before focusing only on more cash shop updates.  :P

That is a pretty big issue.  Thanks for pointing this out as I never realized it was a thing.

Let's hope DE prioritizes fixing this bug before focusing only on more cash shop updates.  :P

Yeah, lets hope they take care of this bug soon. I feel so bad for my poor husband, who almost always hosts. All the times he complained of taking forever to kill level 100+ enemies, I was going around point and clicking them to death thinking he maybe wasn't headshotting or some other stuff. Now I feel bad.

That is super interesting, even for a bug.

It is a strange issue. I'll probably post a link to this bug and ask them about it in an upcoming dev stream thread.