The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Even Solo Prime Parts And Bosses?

TinyScrub

Question

I have two friends with Boltor Prime, Rhino Prime, and another friend with Mirage. How do you even do that? I mean I can't solo the boss on Earth.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am rank 6 with decent mods. I have upgraded Steamline, etc. I have the Hek, which is gawd damn powerful, the Soma which I dislike for the cause of it as it runs out of ammo easily and I don't want to waste a Cata on it.

Now for the weapons. I'm confused. Should I be combining elements or should it be damage mods?

Edited by TinyScrub

Vay Hek is (imo) THE most irritating boss to solo in the entire game.

I'm a completely solo player except for when I simply can't do something on my own.

I'm MR13 and vay Hek makes me want to pull my hair out. The best way I found to deal with him solo is to stay invisible as Loki and spam him with a Vaykor Hek until he dies; which, even then is extremely annoying.

It escapes me as to why the boss of the lowest level planet is as cringe-inducing as it is :/

To allay your frustrations with knowledge, Vay Hek used to be timewalled behind a craft key which was grindwalled behind drops from special mobs found only on Ceres, they took the wall away but left his stats alone.

To allay your frustrations with knowledge, Vay Hek used to be timewalled behind a craft key which was grindwalled behind drops from special mobs found only on Ceres, they took the wall away but left his stats alone.

But not the drops, which is great when you want to give a clannie a mod or prime part or whatever XD

personally when it comes to Vay Hek, I just use Rhino and bring my Hek, one or two clean shots per flying phase, maybe a clip or two during flyer main fight.

once he's in his birdframe though? I'm right behind him and empty a full clip, usually breaks him.

The bosses tend to come in 1 flavor:

- does high damage

- has a gimmick

- has a fair amount of health.

solution:

- be invincible (rhinoob it, if nothing else is available to you)  (or be well geared out and skilled and power thru it)

- learn gimmick and handle it

- have a decent weapon (tater, mods, forma or two, quality weapon, ranked up, etc) and learn to use it effectively and know what element to bring to what fight.

- bring a friend

Earth boss has a tunnel that you can use for cover but hes tough because its full of enemy in a small area AND he has that horrid power drain zapping attack AND you have to hit his face.  Its really a good one for 2 players, one to distract him and one to kill, revive each other if needed,  etc.   Its soloable but more difficult than average.

but like the other early bosses are mostly bang/dead/loot.  Vor isn't much.  The corpus captain with mag is easier than some corpus mobs.   The jackel is a joke.  Ive seen phoriod one-shotted by a dread build.   The osprey one is a joke.   The guy that won't bend over and is immune to damage until he does is another hard one that is best with a buddy.   If one seems too hard, get some help. 

You can solo void in a variety of ways from being well geared and good at the game to using cheap tactics like perma invis no challenge mode ivara or invincible nez/rhino or whatever.  

Edited by jonnin

Bosses like Vay Hek on Earth require more of a dedicated build for solo runs.

Trinity (Duration build)is a great solo frame for Vay Hek.

Keep Link up to avoid Magnetic Proc (use Energy Vampire on Kubrows or random Grineer to keep topped off)

An AoE Weapon like Sonicor makes it easy to deal with his Unshielded Head phases before he joins up in his Supersuit.

When Vay Hek is in final suit form he is more straightforward to kill.