Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unstuck Solution

Bakim0n0

So, you're worried that if we have an unstuck feature we wont fill out bug reports?

How about... adding an unstuck feature that adds a dialog box that lets us actually give an on the spot bug report as well as taking a screenshot when submitted.

they said they wont do it because they want you to file bug reports for each of those problems so they can fix them.

better idea: automatic bug reporting every time some sort of unstuck is needed (you should probably need tile, map, location, a few seconds of gameplay before that, ping, screencap), should not even need more user interaction than just summoning unstuck (as in screw the dialogue boxes).  not everyone speaks the same language and unstuck command that let you click yes (because it cannot determine whether you are really stuck) might look even more stupid.

Edited by Stupid_Idiot

they said they wont do it because they want you to file bug reports for each of those problems so they can fix them.

better idea: automatic bug reporting every time some sort of unstuck is needed (you should probably need tile, map, location, a few seconds of gameplay before that, ping, screencap), should not even need more user interaction than just summoning unstuck (as in screw the dialogue boxes).  not everyone speaks the same language and unstuck command that let you click yes (because it cannot determine whether you are really stuck) might look even more stupid.

Not everyone speaks the same language... which is why they have support staff that speaks all sorts of different languages.

the dialog box is for people to give more detailed reports and also forces input to discourage abuse (as in, you would have to stop playing and actually fill out the dumb thing, and oh yeah it took a screenshot of you so if you're obviously not stuck it shows and now you just look like a jerk)

They said that they wont do it during the livestream...

If you had noticed

"So, you're worried that if we have an unstuck feature we wont fill out bug reports?"

I made this suggestion because it immediately occurred to me that if the goal is to get people to fill out bug reports by not giving them an easy self fix... why not make that easy self fix have a built in bug report?

2 birds

1 stone

Edited by Bakim0n0

Can we even fill out a bug report in the game? Ive looked before but couldnt find it. An in game way to fill out bug reports is really the best way to go. My first thought is it would be in the options menu or somewhere in the esc menu but it isnt.

If you had noticed

"So, you're worried that if we have an unstuck feature we wont fill out bug reports?"

I made this suggestion because it immediately occurred to me that if the goal is to get people to fill out bug reports by not giving them an easy self fix... why not make that easy self fix have a built in bug report?

2 birds

1 stone

Not everyone will go by the two birds one stone method...

I ideally that's how it would work, but I have a suspicion that most players would just fill it out with "fdsa" and move on. However, Stupid_idiot has a great idea above though. How about this:

* Unstuck will automatically screenshot your game and upload the screenshot to the devs

* Unstuck with gather your in-game position in XYZ and also what your warframe and loadouts were and the position of all entities and drops

* Unstuck will respawn you at start, but it will also kill you, this is to discourage abuse

Edited by Hap-muhr

Agreed, OP.

I'll also note that the current system doesn't actually make me want to submit bug reports. It discourages me from doing any sort of testing or look for bugs in the map and terrain. If I could get unstuck when it happened, I'd happily start up Fraps to try again until I managed to record how I did it.

With the system as is, I don't feel like doing any sort of exploration (because I'd get stuck and lose everything) and if I do get stuck I'm usually too frustrated to care much about running the same mission over and over until I happen to find the right tile, then try to replicate the bug to report it. I've never reported a bug that got me stuck because I've never been able to get back to the tile and still actually remember how I managed to do it. If anything, the current system makes it harder to report bugs.

/unstuck means the memory would still be fresh and it'd be easy to replicate and report it. I do accept that the majority of people wouldn't have my mindset, but I'm relatively certain even if an /unstuck feature were in place, people would still be reporting - for example - the Void door bug. Because it's annoying.

I ideally that's how it would work, but I have a suspicion that most players would just fill it out with "fdsa" and move on. However, Stupid_idiot has a great idea above though. How about this:

* Unstuck will automatically screenshot your game and upload the screenshot to the devs

* Unstuck with gather your in-game position in XYZ and also what your warframe and loadouts were and the position of all entities and drops

* Unstuck will respawn you at start, but it will also kill you, this is to discourage abuse

Do note that I did mention it including a screenshot... but the killing you part I can get onboard with.

I would much rather eat a revive that lose a rare mod I've been killing myself for.

Not really seeing a reason why there is potential for abuse...  Just have it send data to the devs.  Sending multiple within a short time period auto-flags it as potential abuse.  If it's abuse, you get a warning message or if you've already been warned, banned.  Upon marking a report as abuse, all other reports from that account get wiped from the system.

Do note that I did mention it including a screenshot... but the killing you part I can get onboard with.

I would much rather eat a revive that lose a rare mod I've been killing myself for.

Yeah, I'm thinking that in a legit situation, sacrificing a revive would be the preferable option. However, this does raise one additional issue I just became aware of: what happens if you don't have any revives left? Allowing the user to respawn once "for free" would be abused and unjustly punishing people for not having revives wouldn't be an option either. Dang it, and here I thought I had a good idea that would allow DE to curb the exploiters :|

I'd rather it spawn you to the host, like it does when you join, and down you so you have a chance to revive and dont have to run the whole level again. 

I cant believe people would be like "Lets make something to convinence us, but also lets make it terribly inconvienient on purpose. Id think the point is a little bit of trust for us beta players is what we need to have in the first place. Its not like they'd keep the unstuck feature after the beta bugs are fixed anyway.