The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Is Ridiculously Op - Lvl 200+

(PSN)Andy2k7

every warframe an be op if you have all the maxed mod <.<  Geeze people really want everything to be nerfed right? Honestly, I wish I could be a corpus instead of a tenno at this point.

Eradicate legions of those suits with just a Supra while wearing a red suit. It works.

If you feel like talking for the entire community then i still use Mesa and Saryn.

Valkyr theme has a dissonance with her skillset. That's it.

I rarely see them anymore maybe once a month but I guess there being used Solo since no one needs them in a group.

Just like Mesa/Saryn , Valkyr is one trick pony and most people are ok with that But take that away and the frame with be thrown into the 

Mastery Fodder pile and people will move on to the next.

I rarely see them anymore maybe once a month but I guess there being used Solo since no one needs them in a group.

Just like Mesa/Saryn , Valkyr is one trick pony and most people are ok with that But take that away and the frame with be thrown into the 

Efficiency crunchers are heresy and blasphemy.

Mastery Fodder pile is only for people who dislike X or Y frame because it doesn't perform the way they imagined. Just like weapons with their ongoing criticism.

And this is the problem in a nutshell.  Mesa/Sayrn nerfed and now forgotten why do you want to keep adding to that list ?

Saryn with a right weapon (any AoE weapons with multiple ticks) is one of the best dps frame in the game, while Mesa is a well balanced tanky dps if you discount frames that's literally can't die. Both of them are my most played frames recently because I can't stand playing OP bullcraps for more than 30 minutes and I really have fun playing them the way this game was advertised: A fast paced shooter.

So what? as much as I don't like seeing it myself: IT IS A PVE GAME

I agree there, but u also have to see where Valk could ruin the "fun" of the game for some of the player base. Myself it doesn't bother me I just go to the opposite side of the tile set or just fight right along side Valk. She can make some tiles to easy as the ultimate Rez frame of abused that way, but for some groups need that crutch if the group ur playing with are in general bad players. I think another problem people have with Valk is that she does not synergize well with majority of the most played frames to help stack damage. That's complete speculation on my part but that's how I feel at times when people bring inappropriate frames to a given mission type. Myself I think Valk can fit into any team for any mission type depending on what frames the other players bring to make up for what Valk lacks, CC. Valk is a straight DPS frame, and people don't utilize her that way it can be discouraging to have her around.

If changing means turning an one trick pony into a frame that's actually fun to play then I'm all in.

Saryn with a right weapon (any AoE weapons with multiple ticks) is one of the best dps frame in the game, while Mesa is a well balanced tanky dps if you discount frames that's literally can't die. Both of them are my most played frames recently because I can't stand playing OP bullcraps for more than 30 minutes and I really have fun playing them the way this game was advertised: A fast paced shooter.

Mesa is just bad. Has got some 95% damage reduction which is nothing special and an ult which deals less damage than weapons. Nice.

The reason having 95% damage reduction not special is because every single other thing in this game is way too OP. lol Trinity one click entire team invulnerable.

Same with the ult dealing less damage than weapon. I mean why having damage dealing abilities when you can just Tonkor or Synoid Simulor your way to victory?

Edited by ClinkzEastwood

Efficiency cruncher, my friend. Their affinity is in you now.

Sorry for telling the truth, it's not my fault that the truth is painful.

The reason having 95% damage reduction not special is because every single other thing in this game is way too OP.

Same with the ult dealing less damage than weapon. I mean why having damage dealing abilities when you can just Tonkor or Synoid Simulor your way to victory?

I'd REALLY REALLY liked it if you could move while using your ult! Now it's just still a stationary, energy draining turret that's dealing less DPS than before. 

Edited by IceColdHawk

Overall DPS is higher for Mesa, but the burst DPS is lower. Don't quote me here but if I remember right the damage multiplier for Mesa's ult use to be a flat percentage with no increase over time. Now the base damage is initially lower but has a base damage multiplier upto 375% damage increase if enough shots are landed with a base damage of 300 per shot fired. With power strength mods u can get that multiplier upto 872.5% and then the base multiplier is then 374%. That's neither here nor there tho lol bit off topic but oh well

almost went a day without a Valkyr Thread. I swear she's as infamous now as Mesa was pre-rework.

once AGAIN, here are the many downsides to "OP" Valkyr:

- she cannot perform ranged attacks while in Hysteria, she is COMPLETELY restricted to melee.

- she has no CC or support abilities.

- Nullifiers counter Valkyr on Corpus missions, and she's just as vulnerable to those GENUINELY OP Sapping Ospreys, despite her high armour.

- Ancient healers still greatly reduce her damage with their buff. chances are you'll run out of energy and get one-hit before you can claw your way through all the infested.

- she ends up just being a clutch revive frame towards the end of the third Sortie, if it's a Survival or Defense.

seriously, let it go people. she had her rework, she isn't getting touched again. if you don't like her, then don't use her! it really is as simple as that, and I have no idea why people can't comprehend this. if you want to use a frame that can survive, but isn't god-mode, take Wukong. capable of defying death without feeling cheap.

I don't feel the need to be QUITE so aggressive. Trinity received a lot of changes over time. She hasn't gotten a re-work, they just tweaked how one ability worked.

remove 100% invulnerability; 95% invulnerability would give her survivability ceiling at somewhere around...level 300?

Plus, then she could actually use Rage to fuel her other, arguably better abilities, and make her stronger overall, yet less godmode easy.

I'm actually in favor of it being an ability that, Like Warcry, Just gives you a bunch of armor and then the Melee/Lifesteal nonesense. But I love you for thinking what I think about my favourite frame.

As for better abilities, it's quite Funny that her worst and most useless ability, to me, is her 4. I have a 'zerker Destreza that I use with Eternal Warcry. SO much fun.

Burst DPS (which is what she had before) is valuable to a team, sustained DPS is what eveyone is expected to bring means nothing when you have a team CC to back it up, Tanky ? She has average armor at best. Can this frame clear the Star Map ? Yes Would I want to she her in a high level Sortie ? Not a chance, just another frame that someone will have to scrap off the floor.

Mesa Peacemaker  ? Default energy drain of 15 per sec? for a weapon that is outclassed by all high level primaries ? Yes that was a great balance pass on that one. Sure you have a 95% damage migration, too bad you didn't bring that to the entire team. Value to a group for high level content ? See Above about Saryn.

Hey if you want to play mediocre frames that are great for star map clearing go for it. But asking for frames to get nerfed just because they are in

every way better fodder frames is silly.

Here is a video I made the other day just to show how OP Valkyr is. You can kill Lvl 200+ infested with one hit.

Again this? FOR REAL?

Ok.

Let's talk about some more stuff.

1 - Mirage at Interception (or anything else that requires CC).

Build her with max range/dura and stick a Natural Talent in her.

Tactic:

Prism > Stunn everyone > Don't kill enemies (so they can't respawn).

Repeat until the end of the mission. You can solo Sortie 3 Interception with this. Doesn't matter if they are level 1 or level 500 mobs.

2 - Trinity Bless

Build her around Duration. Don't use Vitality.

Build a thrown melee around poison.

Tactic:

Throw Glaive to the ground > 2 HP > Cast Bless > 28 Seconds of immortality for THE WHOLE TEAM.

Repeat until the end of the mission. If you time yourself properly starting charging Glaive at 0.7 Seconds you can do it

quite easily leaving the rest of the team basically immortal.

Meanwhile you can arm yourself with the heaviest weapons around. Who cares? You can't take damage.

Meanwhile you can also provide a decent amount of energy to the team due EV.

3 - Vauban Bastille

Build him around Range and Duration. Use Repelling Bastille augment mod.

Tactic:

Just cover the entire area with Bastille.

With the support of a Syndicate weapon and/or a Trinity you'll have enough room to freeze the entire stage.

4 - Loki

Build him as you want.

Tactic:

Just don't be an idiot and you can solo all kind of Spy with ease where other frames have actually a bad time.

You can also disarm the S#&$ out of anybody. Doesn't matter if is a lvl 1 Butcher (which can't be disarmed) or a lvl 500 Eximus Bombard. Just disarm EVERYTHING. Everything and FOREVER.

5 - Ember

Build her around Power and decent efficiency. Stretch will be a plus.

Tactic:

Just walk around. Any kind of Exterminate will be just a joke. You don't really need to do anything else. Walk.

I may continue over and over with more examples of other frames which are totally unbalanced.

Now what can Valkyr do?

Invulnerability, as long as you have energy. Run out of energy and you are doomed.

Face a nullifier with a bit of lag and enter his field. Farewell world.

Damage. Yes, she has a goddamn high damage. And so? Shall I start talking about weapons like Tonkor or Simulor?

She is limited to melee.

All (ALL) her abilities are totally useless for the team, unless you have another Melee which gains benefits from War Cry (Attack Speed and Armor).

Revives. Well yes, that's the bright side of her. She's pretty good at reviving.

Stop with these annoying threads about Valkyr. Please. 

Edited by Demdemeh

Burst DPS (which is what she had before) is valuable to a team, sustained DPS is what eveyone is expected to bring means nothing when you have a team CC to back it up, Tanky ? She has average armor at best. Can this frame clear the Star Map ? Yes Would I want to she her in a high level Sortie ? Not a chance, just another frame that someone will have to scrap off the floor.

Mesa Peacemaker  ? Default energy drain of 15 per sec? for a weapon that is outclassed by all high level primaries ? Yes that was a great balance pass on that one. Sure you have a 95% damage migration, too bad you didn't bring that to the entire team. Value to a group for high level content ? See Above about Saryn.

Hey if you want to play mediocre frames that are great for star map clearing go for it. But asking for frames to get nerfed just because they are in

every way better fodder frames is silly.

Tanky with shattered shield. I'm not talking about any of her stat.

And yes, I'm trying to say that's she's a well balanced frame that is not overblown overpowered like the rest of the game. She has her niche while her gameplay style is rather gun focused instead of pressing one button to win.

About sortie, the only frame I want to see there are Loki for spy and rescue; Mirage and Frost for any other mode, no other frames exist beside those.

Again this? FOR REAL?

Ok.

Tactic:

Repeat until the end of the mission. You can solo Sortie 3 Interception with this. Doesn't matter if they are level 1 or level 500 mobs.

2 - Trinity Bless

Tactic:

Throw Glaive to the ground > 2 HP > Cast Bless > 28 Seconds of immortality for THE WHOLE TEAM.

Repeat until the end of the mission. If you time yourself properly starting charging Glaive at 0.7 Seconds you can do it

Meanwhile you can arm yourself with the heaviest weapons around. Who cares? You can't take damage.

3 - Vauban Bastille

Tactic:

With the support of a Syndicate weapon and/or a Trinity you'll have enough room to freeze the entire stage.

4 - Loki

Build him as you want.

Tactic:

Just don't be an idiot and you can solo all kind of Spy with ease where other frames have actually a bad time.

You can also disarm the S#&$ out of anybody. Doesn't matter if is a lvl 1 Butcher (which can't be disarmed) or a lvl 500 Eximus Bombard. Just disarm EVERYTHING. Everything and FOREVER.

5 - Ember

Tactic:

Just walk around. Any kind of Exterminate will be just a joke. You don't really need to do anything else. Walk.

I may continue over and over with more examples of other frames which are totally unbalanced.

Now what can Valkyr do?

Invulnerability, as long as you have energy. Run out of energy and you are doomed.

Damage. Yes, she has a goddamn high damage. And so? Shall I start talking about weapons like Tonkor or Simulor?

She is limited to melee.

All (ALL) her abilities are totally useless for the team, unless you have another Melee which gains benefits from War Cry (Attack Speed and Armor).

Revives. Well yes, that's the bright side of her. She's pretty good at reviving.

Finally someone with sense. I love you. It always bothered me that people never get what is OP and what not but instead suggestiong to nerf non-OP things to dust. I also can't understand why people can't have fun in warframe because of 1 frame having a "boring" mechanic.

Again this? FOR REAL?

Ok.

Tactic:

2 - Trinity Bless

Tactic:

3 - Vauban Bastille

Tactic:

4 - Loki

Build him as you want.

Tactic:

5 - Ember

Tactic:

Now what can Valkyr do?

She is limited to melee.

Thank you for pointing out ridiculously overpowered things in this game. Now please calm down and eat a cookie while we start complaining about them one by one.

Actually you dont have to wait, there was a thread about CC ruining this game a while ago.

Edited by ClinkzEastwood

Thank you for pointing out ridiculously overpowered things in this game. Now please calm down and eat a cookie while we start complaining about them one by one.

Actually you dont have to wait, there was a thread about CC ruining this game a while ago.

Why instead of complaining you don't try to have fun playing the game?

I mean, ask yourself, in what missions i Valkyr desired inside a team? Survivals.

Any other mission? No. Nobody wants a Valkyr in an Interception or a Spy or whatever else.

Do you remember how useless she was 2 years ago? Nobody was even playing her.

/edit

And I don't calm down because I am sick of these "Nerf Valkyr" topics that pop up 1-2 times a week.

Edited by Demdemeh

With a good build you should never run out of energy.

That's the same for almost any frame

Simply they don't scale as well as Valkyr

She is limited to melee.

Melee that can do 7 figures crits

All the frames you mentioned abilities don't scale so are equally useless for the team.

Immortal, can constantly revive the team, does an insane amount of damage. What more could you want?

With a good build you should never run out of energy.

That's the same for almost any frame

Simply they don't scale as well as Valkyr

She is limited to melee.

Melee that can do 7 figures crits

All the frames you mentioned abilities don't scale so are equally useless for the team.

Immortal, can constantly revive the team, does an insane amount of damage. What more could you want?

I am sorry, are we playing the same game?

I mean, ask yourself, in what missions i Valkyr desired inside a team? Survivals.

Any other mission? No. Nobody wants a Valkyr in an Interception or a Spy or whatever else.

/edit

And I don't calm down because I am sick of these "Nerf Valkyr" topics that pop up 1-2 times a week.

Some people play warframe in-game, others rather play warframe on the forums.

Some people play warframe in-game, others rather play warframe on the forums.

Well you have more posts than me, so tell me about it.

/edit

People used to not playing her before because Hysteria was one of the worst melee weapon in the game.

It's different now. Hysteria is objectively the best melee in Warframe.