The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Is Ridiculously Op - Lvl 200+

(PSN)Andy2k7

Look at her ult, it's balanced and I'll explain it. Her ult gives her the following.

A) invulnerablity

B) lifesteal

C) togable

Now the downside

A) melee only

B) can be shutdown

C) damage is based on mods

D) high damage can only be obtained with hit combos.

Sounds like she is pretty balanced already.

Those downsides aren't downsides. Here is what Hysteria is really like:

Positives

- Invulnerable to damage

- Immune to procs

- Immune to all eximus auras except arctic

- Immune to CC

- High scaleable damage

- Damage increases with combo meter

- Charge attack ignores armor and instantly kills

- Innate life strike for self healing

- Toggleable

Negatives

- Very limited range

She's OP she's OP on the forums for months now, but out in the game she's standing over someone reviving them surrounded in a herd of those 100 plus enemy units !

One side says YOU and HER deserve to die for getting downed and her for actually trying to rescue you with her god mode! This game should punish you PUNNNISHHHHHH YOOOOUUUUUU!!!

Everyone Else: SAVE ME!!! Thank god she has Hysteria! This game is awesome! Friend request sent.

Now I know this isn't the OP's call for a nerf, I agree, lift everyone up to end game content and then add interesting units to throw in some panic.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

It's funny, she has been out for awhile now. I'm not sure where this sudden crying for her nerf is coming from. Is it because they are new to the game? Was is because of pvp? You rarely even see a valkyr in high level missions. Draco? Ha you'd asked to leave or insulted until you left. She has been balanced for awhile despite the criers.

It's funny, she has been out for awhile now. I'm not sure where this sudden crying for her nerf is coming from. Is it because they are new to the game? Was is because of pvp? You rarely even see a valkyr in high level missions. Draco? Ha you'd asked to leave or insulted until you left. She has been balanced for awhile despite the criers.

You must be new if you think any of those are the reasons for these threads. I can assure you that these kind of threads have been around for a long time. It's resurfacing because Valkyr's buff gave Hysteria the much needed damage boost it needed. The invulnerability is no longer necessary.

Negatives

- Very limited range

-Can't CC in game where CC rules supreme.

If game didn't have frames that will disable all enemies from doing anything with press of button I would agree that Valkyr's invulnerability is problem, but currently it doesn't seem like that much a problem at all considering all the powers seen in game.

-Can't CC in game where CC rules supreme.

If game didn't have frames that will disable all enemies from doing anything with press of button I would agree that Valkyr's invulnerability is problem, but currently it doesn't seem like that much a problem at all considering all the powers seen in game.

Valkyr has CC, even if it isn't broken like other frames. The CC centric gameplay is a problem itself.

Edited by EmptyDevil

You must be new if you think any of those are the reasons for these threads. I can assure you that these kind of threads have been around for a long time. It's resurfacing because Valkyr's buff gave Hysteria the much needed damage boost it needed. The invulnerability is no longer necessary.

3 years actually, you do know the the valkyr is based off the Norse beserker. You the guys that screamed and never stopped attacking because they felt no pain *cough* invulnerablity *cough*. It's still needed and part of her. Her armour goes so far. I have 1550 and it still gets torn thru at higher levels, even with warcry.

3 years actually, you do know the the valkyr is based off the Norse beserker. You the guys that screamed and never stopped attacking because they felt no pain *cough* invulnerablity *cough*. It's still needed and part of her. Her armour goes so far. I have 1550 and it still gets torn thru at higher levels, even with warcry.

Berserkers are known for going on a rampage while ignoring and not feeling the damage inflicted upon them while dishing out more as they get angrier.

Not feeling pain =/= invulnerability. It's possible for something to get shot, stabbed, burned, and whipped while not feeling it but it WILL be getting damaged. Valkyr ignoring procs and CC is closer to not feeling pain.

Berserkers are known for going on a rampage while ignoring and not feeling the damage inflicted upon them while dishing out more as they get angrier.

Not feeling pain =/= invulnerability. It's possible for something to get shot, stabbed, burned, and whipped while not feeling it but it WILL be getting damaged. Valkyr ignoring procs and CC is closer to not feeling pain.

She´s remembering the torture she endured or is still enduring and forms the resulting wrath into her berserk mode. Done.^^

Then she overshadows frames that share that niche with her because of how Hysteria functions.

What about Wukong? I think I read on this very forum that he is better at invulnerability.

She´s remembering the torture she endured or is still enduring and forms the resulting wrath into her berserk mode. Done.^^

Considering that it is all powered by void magic what does it matter how exactly is it working? Think of crap other frames can do.

Then she overshadows frames that share that niche with her because of how Hysteria functions.

And Mag outperforms damage wise any other frame versus corpus? So what? That a frame is best in "something" is the whole thing about different frames.

How is that relevant?

How is your question relevant?

Considering that it is all powered by void magic what does it matter how exactly is it working? Think of crap other frames can do.

It´s not literally. I just find it amusing to use those berserker references from literature for explaining a balance situation in a game with space ninjas so i constructed a reasoning just for fun.

What does this have to do with what you just quoted from me?

What about Wukong? I think I read on this very forum that he is better at invulnerability.

He has nigh-invulnerability and it is more balanced than Valkyr's Hysteria.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Defy

And Mag outperforms damage wise any other frame versus corpus? So what? That a frame is best in "something" is the whole thing about different frames.

Mag can still die, so it is not the same thing.

No one was wondering how Hysteria works.

Yet Hysteria was connected with berserker and the literary explanation of how berserker is working.; "Berserkers are known for going on a rampage while ignoring and not feeling the damage inflicted upon them while dishing out more as they get angrier." ... "Valkyr ...is closer to not feeling pain." Where i made a reasoning that she feels pain.