Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe "collect All Data Units" Missions Need A Change

SerosterPrime

Not going to name any names here (I already filed a ticket) -

Yesterday I was doing the Orokin Catalyst alert mission and the guy who collected the data units was really impatient.  He rushed past everything, and as the rest of us battled our way towards the exit (not farming, we were just fighting what appeared along the way) he griped that we were being so slow.

So... I was a bit snarky back, but then continued to play.  However, the end result was that when we DID reach the end of the mission, he trolled us.  He was near but not actually at the exit point, and refused to actually go there.  So we were all stuck because this one guy was being an A******.

In the end, I had to quit the mission and do it with some other people to get the reward.

So... while getting all the data units to the end makes logical sense, MAYBE these missions should just complete the same as any other missions - two people at the exit point starts the countdown. 

OR, don't allow one person to collect all the data units.  Maybe each person can only collect 1?  (Which would force everyone to use pistols!)  Or limit each person to picking up 2.  And then start the countdown when at least 2 data units have reached the end. 

Edited by Kempner

know that feel bro

been there many times with a troll holding the box

that said, i think the system you suggest would not work... and here is why

1. solo games can/do/will have 1-4 data cores, and the odd bonus core run (troll lotus)

2. forcing all members of the team to gimp themselves and not be able to choose a single target to gimp/protect sounds counter productive... perhaps not as much as a troll with the cores... but still

3. data cores going poof soon as they are all obtained kinda makes the whole mission lame imo... but thats just me

the way i see it, so long as all the data cores are in hand (at exit or not), and half the team is at exit, the timer should start counting down. it would cut down on trolling and not force someone to hold it if they didnt want to, an all around win if you ask me.

the way i see it, so long as all the data cores are in hand (at exit or not), and half the team is at exit, the timer should start counting down. it would cut down on trolling and not force someone to hold it if they didnt want to, an all around win if you ask me.

Yeah, that sounds pretty good to me.