The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Skana Build For Excalibur's Exalted Blade

Renathy

Question

I'm currently wielding Skana Prisma and I'm uncertain whether I should go with a attack speed plus critical chance and damage build or channeling damage and efficiency build, including the questions of which mods to go with which build in question.

4 answers to this question

I'm just going to quote this from the wiki first.

Exalted Blade is also affected by equipped melee mods including:

With that, Exalted Blade sports the following stats:

Attack: -whatever number your screen displays- evenly distributed between IPS

Status Chance: 10%

Critical Multiplier: 2.0x

Critical Chance: 15%

The best way, in my opinion, to mod your Prisma Skana for EB will be:

Pressure Point

elemental

elemental

Berserker

Spoiled Strike

Last slots may be for:

Primed Reach(Reach is underwhelming so do not consider it)

Fury(to off-set Spoiled Strike's -aspd)

Life Strike

elemental

Do not bother with a pure channeling build because:

1) You'll be spending energy for Radial Blind which will eat your energy.

2) EB is a channeling skill and drains energy constantly which hampers your energy reserves more.

3) If you are using Life Strike and other channeling mods, every hit that you do that hits during channeling(including waves) will eat energy. The only reason Life Strike is acceptable for EB is because Radial Blind + reposition + slow LS hit will make you regen properly; else, channeling is a bad way to augment damage in PvE.

Do not bother with Critical build as well because:

1) Decently low base CHR for EB at 15%. With True Steel, that is 24%.

2) Mediocre CDR for EB at 2.0x. With Organ Shatter, that is 3.8x.

3) Most of your damage will come from heavy wave spam OR Radial Blind + hit; the latter hitting up to 40k+ damage on non-critical, non-channeled attacks.

4) CHR at 15% is good enough to maintain full Berserker stacks due to the waves having innate punchthrough.

I'm currently wielding Skana Prisma and I'm uncertain whether I should go with a attack speed plus critical chance and damage build or channeling damage and efficiency build, including the questions of which mods to go with which build in question.

You really don't want to be channeling all the time while in EB or it'll last 10 seconds; use channeling only for Life Strike so I'd avoid channeling mods.

Critical mods are not the best choice, I feel like the chance one is wasted as 15% base is not that much: it's way better to boost crit chance with the Naramon School and then put Organ Shatter in for huge numbes.

Just go for:

Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

Fury (or Berserker if you have the Naramon's passives)

Life Strike(unranked)

4 elementals(or 3 elementals+Organ Shatter)

Apologies for the extremely late reply. I do have a few questions:

• Does Bright Purity help? It has a +100% melee damage bonus. Sounds great with Spoiled Strike for a total of 200% damage bonus.
  • Can I apply the dual elemental stat mods (e.g.: Vicious Frost; Volcanic Edge; Voltaic Strike; Virulent Scourge) or is it preferable to go with the normal ones?
Edited by JRMC

Apologies for the extremely late reply. I do have a few questions:

• Does Bright Purity help? It has a +100% melee damage bonus. Sounds great with Spoiled Strike for a total of 200% damage bonus.
  • Can I apply the dual elemental stat mods (e.g.: Vicious Frost; Volcanic Edge; Voltaic Strike; Virulent Scourge) or is it preferable to go with the normal ones?

It really depends on what you're planning to use: Bright Purity won't work for Exalted Blade, so it's a waste of a slot if you're building the weapon just for that.

Though, it's essential if you're going to use the weapon outside the power.

As for the elemental damage mods if you're only interested on EB damage then go for normal ones; actually, considering Prisma Skana has only a 10% base status chance I'd say use dual stat mods only if you have spare slots.