Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey, Just Started... Having A Bit Of Trouble Though.

steelandblood

Hey guys and gals, ninjas of all ages! I'm steelandblood, and I am new to Warframe. I decided to play it thanks to guidesforusall's From Scratch Series (still ongoing, I recommend it big time), and I am enjoying it, but I'm having some problems. I don't know what to do really, besides acquire certain mods. Ex. Serration, Split Chamber, etc. and I am having trouble getting through missions as nobody seems to be playing on most nodes. I had to complete an excavation mission on my own- which is a hell I was not expecting. I tried looking for help, but nobody seems to want to respond, with my message being instantly overrun by LF Draco RJ or Hieracon have Frost, both of which I tried to join, but was rejected due to poor gear. So I'm sort of stuck in this place of not really being able to do anything, while also being demotivated to play due to the overwhelming pressure of starting the game.

P.S. Shout out to [DE]Hugo. Met him in a random mission, he was super nice and fun to play with.

P.P.S. I started a Steam group that is going to basically document my progress in the game, so I can look back when I'm higher level and better at the game, and see how far I've come. If you're into that sort of thing, the link will be posted just below this paragraph.

Progress Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steelandbloodwf

Also, if you want to add me, maybe play a bit with me, here's my steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/steelandblood/

Hey steelandblood. I can add you to Warframe and help you on missions as well as give you the core group of "essential" mods for weapons and frames. Whatever you do, don't buy them from trade chat because they are really easy to get once you progress a little in the game. Plus I will give them to you. I had a very nice guy give me the starter mods and an Ember Prime set when I first started playing. It kind of set the tone for me to help people starting out in the game. The core community in this game are a nice bunch of people. If you haven't already, try to get to mastery rank 2 as fast as you can so we can trade.

Feel free to add me/message me in game when you are on. My ign is: Kutiekat

Edited by KutieKat

Hey steelandblood. I can add you to Warframe and help you on missions as well as give you the core group of "essential" mods for weapons and frames. Whatever you do, don't buy them from trade chat because they are really easy to get once you progress a little in the game. Plus I will give them to you. I had a very nice guy give me the starter mods and an Ember Prime set when I first started playing. It kind of set the tone for me to help people starting out in the game. The core community in this game are a nice bunch of people. If you haven't already, try to get to mastery rank 2 as fast as you can so we can trade.

Feel free to add me/message me in game when you are on. My ign is: Kutiekat

Thanks! I'm getting on in around 10 minutes. Doing some more warframe "research" on youtube. builds and etc.

If you need any help, my IGN is: Tubajeans

Also, if you want me to take you to Draco, I can, but you will most likely get shot down within the first few minutes.

Thanks! Haha, I think I can wait a few days to go to Draco. Just need to get a few forma on my grakata once it's done building, and i should have decent enough damage to go and join.

Greetings, Steelandblood.

Sorry to hear you've run into some roadblocks early on.

I can definitely see how the recruiting channel will get overrun very quickly so my alternative suggestions would be either to enter a relay at Mercury, Saturn or Pluto, depending on which you have available, or to use the Find a squad subforum here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/85-find-a-squad/

These may help, but if not, feel free to send me a message in game and if I'm around, I'll be more than happy to assist with some missions.

Thanks! Haha, I think I can wait a few days to go to Draco. Just need to get a few forma on my grakata once it's done building, and i should have decent enough damage to go and join

If you need, I can recommend some easy to get weapons that do great damage.

Also, I recommend dual grakatas, they do twice the damage but have a long reload time and you will often be out of ammo, but they are still good weapons.

Edited by Tubajeans

Hi! Perhaps check the clan recruitment pages and find a group to join - i would be happy to help if you are over 21 and use a mic:) - friend me in game.

Draco has a purpose, it does not represent the best this game offers.

You will find your way soon i am sure.

Edited by ShadowQueen_X

Welcome to Warframe! If you search up on some of the basic damage mods (Elemental mods/Serration,ect..) they drop for set enemies so you can scour the system with a pack of buddies and find them together, part of the Warframe experience is finding mods and warframe parts scattered throughout the system with your friends while encountering the greedy Corpus mercs or the mutated Grineer pawns. If you need any help don't be afraid to ask me for help, I'm on at around 6-9pm EST weekdays and pretty much any time on weekends

Hi steelandblood and welcome to Warframe! I'm sorry to hear to you're having some difficulties early on. Feel free to send me a private message here on the forums with any questions, I'd be more than happy to help! :D Good luck and take care!

Edited by (PS4)ray0321

Welcome aboard Tenno! Yes, recruiting can be very hit or miss and but I am surprised that you have been having so much difficulty finding some folks to run with. Normally (and especially in the PC community) there is always someone willing to help. Check out the Relays for a Guide of the Lotus to lend you a hand and also try and find a good clan. I'm sure there will be members willing to help you out. Good luck Tenno!