Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Things We Don't Like Doing

FriedAlbacore

It seems as if theres a whole new generation of focus lacking gamers used to having a game be 80% non-playable story, no farming and immediate rewards.  What's the point in that??  Has laziness even spread to videogames now?  It seams most new Warframe users (after open beta) all want to be treated as if they have special needs and should be handed things.  I used my MK-1 Braton for a while before buying the Braton, and even longer b4 I got another rifle.  Why does everything have to be so quick that the game loses its fun after a month.  Is it lack of attention?  What is it? Is their time so important that a game has to conform to their schedule?? And if it is, why are they playing video games to begin with????  I don't get it.  Really... 

Am I over reacting or do others feel this way too?

It seems as if theres a whole new generation of focus lacking gamers used to having a game be 80% non-playable story, no farming and immediate rewards.  What's the point in that??  Has laziness even spread to videogames now?  It seams most new Warframe users (after open beta) all want to be treated as if they have special needs and should be handed things.  I used my MK-1 Braton for a while before buying the Braton, and even longer b4 I got another rifle.  Why does everything have to be so quick that the game loses its fun after a month.  Is it lack of attention?  What is it? Is their time so important that a game has to conform to their schedule?? And if it is, why are they playing video games to begin with????  I don't get it.  Really... 

Is there any gameplay feedback you'd like to give, or are you just going to whine about people who like to play in a different way than what you enjoy? If the former, get to it. If the latter, then you might as well just stop right there because you're not doing a single thing to help.

I guess you don't understand what's the problem here. There are tons of negative feedback (ZOMG feedback can be negative, fanboy's brain is damaged!) regarding the game has NOTHING to offer players but farming and grinding. That is why endless defense and mobile defense mission are the most popular ones - they give you the biggest amount of resouces and mods. There is no end game content (I dare you say that Void III missions is end game content), boss fights are boring (except Kryl) and the game has nearly zero plot or story.

I can see idiots responding "stfu this is beta" in every negative feedback thread. Exactly! This is beta! Devs need all the feedback, no matter negative or positive it is. People who provide feedback, unlike rabid fanboys that praise every DE's move, are greatly helping the game and making it evolve into the best way possible. 

So, what did U8 give us? Grinding. Grind Void Keys to Grind in Void missions. Grind materials for Dojo to build labs to grind for researches to grind for blueprints. Though the Dojo concept looks interested, adding stuff like weapons/warframes and locations for their grinding only ISN'T the right way how to evolve the game, ESPECIALLY in beta stage. See the problem? Grinding. It has to be optional and the player should have more things to do in the game instead of constant farming. Nobody was ever complaining about the progression OP mentions. It is all about farming and decreasing game potential.

I can see idiots responding "stfu this is beta" in every negative feedback thread. Exactly! This is beta! Devs need all the feedback, no matter negative or positive it is. People who provide feedback, unlike rabid fanboys that praise every DE's move, are greatly helping the game and making it evolve into the best way possible.

I absolutely agree. Complaining about how other people prefer to play, especially when it isn't specific to this game, is not necessary feedback.

I remember old school games had items 1-3 items with a 1/255 drop rate to get the best gear. So much better than a 1/666 multishot mod chance or the 1/117 chance to get to roll a 1/200 reciever chance.

Is there any gameplay feedback you'd like to give, or are you just going to whine about people who like to play in a different way than what you enjoy? If the former, get to it. If the latter, then you might as well just stop right there because you're not doing a single thing to help.

pwned

Has laziness even spread to videogames now?

Hell yes it has.  Some of us work enough as is.  Last thing we need is to log in to do... more work!  :)

I agree with your over all point though.  I wish enemies were stronger, levels were longer, that there were a LOT more plot, but appreciate a little bit of grind to make it all worth while.

I feel though that I would trade difficulty of enemies for rarity of drops.  I'd rather be in control of what I can or cannot kill, then entirely out of control of what it drops.  A few guaranteed drops from specific bosses or NPCs would be awesome.

Edit: Double article.  Bad me, bad.

Edited by Swaggermeistress

Last thing we need is to log in to do... more work!  :)

while I don't personally mind the grind, i feel you man

The sad part is you only need a weapon lvl 30 to solo everything and all the catalyst, forma and etc are just a overkill