The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Gunblade Ideas

SuperNippleTwister

Idea 1 Infested Redeemer

The good old Redeemer completed infested. So the sharp parts have a fossilized skin. For the rest infested flesh. Between the twinblades teeth. And maby an eye at the handle.

And what does it do. Instead of shooting pellets. Your weapon will screech. Closing its eye in pain and dealing damage in a cone. The difference with redeemer would be that the screech has punch through, stagger or can make the enemies drop there weapons.

Art by Evergreenmind: http://i.imgur.com/2yK4kXj.png (how to add pictures?)

Idea 2 Dart/Crossbow Melee

Not sure how it will look. But i suppose a crossbow with a handle and sharp edges. Kinda like that

Idea 3 A overheating Mechanical Sword

As you attack with this sword it slowly becomes more red. When you use it when its not that red or normal. You deal minor damage with your charge attack. When its red (overheated) then the charge attack will be stronger. The charge attack would be kinda like excaliburs sword. But then ofcourse weaker and ofcourse the charge time. When you use your charge attack the heat will go off the sword and its normal again. Edit: I think it will be more balanced that you only can use the charge attack when your weapon is overheating

If you have any other ideas. Post them

Edited by SuperNippleTwister

I have a nice idea how the infested redeemer will look and work. But i can't draw

This is what I thought of with the description.

c630d250de.jpg

Looked at the Dual Ichor for the blades a bit, and figured the tendrils would wrap around the Tenno's arm while wielding.

This is what I thought of with the description.

c630d250de.jpg

Looked at the Dual Ichor for the blades a bit, and figured the tendrils would wrap around the Tenno's arm while wielding.

I like what you did. It's about what i had in my head. Except that the eye isn't on the side but instead in the middle. And the teeth are bigger (so less space between the teeth) like a mouth. So it opens when you use the charge attack. For the rest is it a good match

I like what you did. It's about what i had in my head. Except that the eye isn't on the side but instead in the middle. And the teeth are bigger (so less space between the teeth) like a mouth. So it opens when you use the charge attack. For the rest is it a good match

Yeah, not too terribly sure I care for where I placed the eye, but I couldn't think of a good place on the side for it to fit. I did it in only a couple minutes, so it was mostly "what first came to mind".

My idea for a possible gun blade would be a cross between the new Detreza + Burst/Semi Rifle (Latron). that being for the mechanics portion and for the visual it could be something a little more formal. The Redemmer is a blend between dual sided sword and shotgun. This would be a Cane. Would look great with Limbo/Frost/Volt.