Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidentally Buying Slots

Maugre

Before we start, realize that it's not about how much or how little platinum it costs, but the fact that it costs any more than the 0 you intended to use.

So, something I initially didn't really think much of, but has been getting quite irritating to the point of realizing it's actually a pretty decently sized issue, is when you have platinum, and are accepting weapons out of the foundry.

The issue occurs when you have a tendency to hit spacebar to skip past various messages, like host migration, or in this case, the "you have accepted this weapon" message.

It's nice and all that it gives you an option to buy slots for weapons right there if you don't have enough to accept the weapon or warframe, but you should not be able to buy them with a common key used for skipping messages; or any key, for that matter.

Now, it's likely I would eventually buy more slots anyway, but I had full intent on saving the platinum for something else, and buying more slots when I didn't have weapons I was planning on selling to make room.

The solution should be obvious and simple; remove the option to accept with spacebar for purchasing messages entirely, or default it to "cancel".

I could die in a car crash, but if someone tells me to wear a seatbelt I tell them they're not being helpful.

Here's the difference:

You can't remove the possibility of a car accident.

You CAN remove the possibility of having your players accidentally spend money.

I usually appreciate a Devil's Advocate, but this isn't a situation where it's warranted.

Edited by Maugre

Before we start, realize that it's not about how much or how little platinum it costs, but the fact that it costs any more than the 0 you intended to use.

So, something I initially didn't really think much of, but has been getting quite irritating to the point of realizing it's actually a pretty decently sized issue, is when you have platinum, and are accepting weapons out of the foundry.

The issue occurs when you have a tendency to hit spacebar to skip past various messages, like host migration, or in this case, the "you have accepted this weapon" message.

It's nice and all that it gives you an option to buy slots for weapons right there if you don't have enough to accept the weapon or warframe, but you should not be able to buy them with a common key used for skipping messages; or any key, for that matter.

Now, it's likely I would eventually buy more slots anyway, but I had full intent on saving the platinum for something else, and buying more slots when I didn't have weapons I was planning on selling to make room.

The solution should be obvious and simple; remove the option to accept with spacebar for purchasing messages entirely, or default it to "cancel".

Agreed, it's even worse on forgetful people like me, this has happened to me at least five times before. Edited by (PS4)crowley511

Agreed, it's even worse on forgetful people like me, this has happened to me at least five times before.

And those with habitual tendencies, like me. It's not so much forgeting (though that's still part of it), as much as muscle memory.