Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waiting For The Rng Kills The Game For Me

cptnCAPSLOCK

so i play this game now for some days and im allmost at lvl 30 with my weapons and warframe now i have to sit here and wait for a alert mision to pop up or the login reward to drop a damn potatoe.

why can i not advance in the game on my own?

hell i would lvl my warframe to 60 if i could, now i have to wait for a very random thing to happen that then suddely gives me double the power and lets me finaly play on.

i get that this game is totaly based on stupid grinding but why can i then not grind past this point of no advance?

there needs to be a way to get the potatoes with grinding not just with waiting.

now i see why its easy to find a squad at low lvl but the closer you get to 30 the harder it gets in my expiriance because the closer ppl are to lvl 30 the more they will tend to just log in once a day to see if they got a potato and if not just log off as there is no point of playing in this useless gap you can only wait it out.

if this will not change you have to admit this game is pay-to-simply-play not free-to-play at all not even talking about pay-to-win it is simply pay-to-play.

mods are your biggest source of progress. and generally takes longer than getting potatoes. go farm for those.

even without them there is plenty to do and the game is in and of itself fun to play.

if you cant enjoy the game for what it is then maybe its just not your thing.

Edited by MetalGerbil

i allready have tons of mods that i can just not fit into my warframe because i need the demn potato only mod i look for at the moment is frost elemental dmg and thats it the rest i have but can not get in.

maybe i miss something but what else is there to do then to grind to get more powerfull so you can farm harder missions to drop more stuff i allready have?

also i hope there will be pvp content at some point in the future, i get that its not a priority atm but at some point there has to come pvp content or im lost for this game anyway.

Edited by cptnCAPSLOCK

If the waiting is unbearable you could always spend the 20 plat to buy a potato. Spending $1 on a game you enjoy isn't the end of the world. The wait for alerts is more than bearable if you decide this game is not worth that $1.

i allready have tons of mods that i can just not fit into my warframe because i need the demn potato only mod i look for at the moment is frost elemental dmg and thats it the rest i have but can not get in.

maybe i miss something but what else is there to do then to grind to get more powerfull so you can farm harder missions to drop more stuff i allready have?

also i hope there will be pvp content at some point in the future, i get that its not a priority atm but at some point there has to come pvp content or im lost for this game anyway.

The thing is there is no farming TOWARDS any mods. Regardless of how much time you spend farming a certain mod, you will be 0% closer to getting it than you were before. 

If the waiting is unbearable you could always spend the 20 plat to buy a potato. Spending $1 on a game you enjoy isn't the end of the world. The wait for alerts is more than bearable if you decide this game is not worth that $1.

so its not free to play but pay to play, thats fine but then its not for me i prefare games that include what is advertised a game has to hook me first if they want my money and warframe fails at that

The thing is there is no farming TOWARDS any mods. Regardless of how much time you spend farming a certain mod, you will be 0% closer to getting it than you were before. 

of course there is if i am looking for some mod then i farm the faction that has the highest drop chance so far i got everything i farmed for the only thing i can not farm for is potatoes and that is sad because there is nothing for me to do at the moment i WANT to play this game but as long as i dont overcome this point of no advance there is no point in playing it low level defence becomes quite boring after some time and killing bosses only makes sense if you are looking for blueprints or rare materials but i am not interested in anything but banshe and of course that one can not be farmed but is pure luck drop.

its all to much based on the RNG but as i see in this thread some masocists acctualy seem to like that :p

Edited by cptnCAPSLOCK

so its not free to play but pay to play, thats fine but then its not for me i prefare games that include what is advertised a game has to hook me first if they want my money and warframe fails at that

of course there is if i am looking for some mod then i farm the faction that has the highest drop chance so far i got everything i farmed for the only thing i can not farm for is potatoes and that is sad because there is nothing for me to do at the moment i WANT to play this game but as long as i dont overcome this point of no advance there is no point in playing it low level defence becomes quite boring after some time and killing bosses only makes sense if you are looking for blueprints or rare materials but i am not interested in anything but banshe and of course that one can not be farmed but is pure luck drop.

its all to much based on the RNG but as i see in this thread some masocists acctualy seem to like that :p

I don't see how them asking you to pay or farm is pay to play? You don't pay, you have to farm. You want to save yourself some time? You have to pay. Your argument is basically "If everything in this game was free and easy to get I'd pay for it."

Edited by Excitonex

NO PVP EVER 

Duels are all you get 1v1 only.

I don't want 8v8 pvp i want 1-4vsEnemies

If you want PVP go play World of Crapcraft

NO PVP EVER 

Duels are all you get 1v1 only.

I don't want 8v8 pvp i want 1-4vsEnemies

If you want PVP go play World of Crapcraft

The only version of PvP I want to see is similar to the livestream 7. Basically I want each player to gain income for each enemy they kill in a wave. They spend this at the end of the round on enemies for the other team to fight. Whoever lasts the longest wins.

People saying "The game is fun just play it and forget about it" are already too complacent about how luck based progress is in this game. Past a (very quick and easy to get to) point there is no way to work towards any worthwhile goal. You can't "try" to level your mods, you can't "try" to get a potato, you can't "try" to get a void key, and even getting most BP's the only thing you can to is anchor yourself on the right planet and hope systems doesn't take 60 runs to drop.

There is *NOT* plenty to do in this game if you remove the farming. There's maybe 15 hours of content, all of which is easily soloable (if you've gotten a redirection mod in the first 5 hours.... feeling lucky?). After that the only thing this game exist for is getting new gear which is entirely based on farming. There are mechanics in this game that get you to farm something, just so you can farm something, *just so you can farm something else*. It's really obvious to anyone whose been around for the development of a f2p/p2w game to know that DE is creating a game based solely around paying money to avoid farming. It really doesn't have to be like this, and warframe has so much more potential that what DE is even trying to use. It's a shame so many people are complacent with what they've done so far.

People saying "The game is fun just play it and forget about it" are already too complacent about how luck based progress is in this game. Past a (very quick and easy to get to) point there is no way to work towards any worthwhile goal. You can't "try" to level your mods, you can't "try" to get a potato, you can't "try" to get a void key, and even getting most BP's the only thing you can to is anchor yourself on the right planet and hope systems doesn't take 60 runs to drop.

There is *NOT* plenty to do in this game if you remove the farming. There's maybe 15 hours of content, all of which is easily soloable (if you've gotten a redirection mod in the first 5 hours.... feeling lucky?). After that the only thing this game exist for is getting new gear which is entirely based on farming. There are mechanics in this game that get you to farm something, just so you can farm something, *just so you can farm something else*. It's really obvious to anyone whose been around for the development of a f2p/p2w game to know that DE is creating a game based solely around paying money to avoid farming. It really doesn't have to be like this, and warframe has so much more potential that what DE is even trying to use. It's a shame so many people are complacent with what they've done so far.

If farming isn't trying then I don't know what is. If you have a problem with farming then you need to pay. It's sort of how F2P games work.

DE has acknowledged several times in the past couple weeks that they know farming is not everyone's idea of fun. They are working on an endgame style boss right now for, it sounds like, release during or after E3. Patience is a virtue in F2P games, even more so when it's still in beta.

yeah...like grinding...even more....in different locations... more grinding than a tony hawk game...

Hey, I have an Idea. Lets keep taking the same point and beat it to death while totally ignoring the fact that DE is working on a solution. This way we can all look like whiny children that have no patience.

Hey, I have an Idea. Lets keep taking the same point and beat it to death while totally ignoring the fact that DE is working on a solution. This way we can all look like whiny children that have no patience.

I like your idea.

You guys could......you know......play missions >.>......If you're waiting for something to drop you could also build another frame....or more weapons, or you could write fanfics, or you could join a clan and help progress a dojo, or you could create a clan with some friends and build a dojo yourself....or you could forma your weapons and frames. Or you could simply follow the livestream and get warframe nexus to get the alerts, this week they dropped a potato BP for 12 hours after the livestream.

That being said, go watch the past 2 livestreams and maybe realize how much they're adding to the game, including to introduction of a real story somewhere around E3 (hopefully). Along with another massive update.........yeah.......go watch the livestream and read the hotfix notes, they're doing more, and are far more active with the community than any other MMO I've ever played.......so yeah

You guys could......you know......play missions >.>......If you're waiting for something to drop you could also build another frame....or more weapons, or you could write fanfics, or you could join a clan and help progress a dojo, or you could create a clan with some friends and build a dojo yourself....or you could forma your weapons and frames. Or you could simply follow the livestream and get warframe nexus to get the alerts, this week they dropped a potato BP for 12 hours after the livestream.

That being said, go watch the past 2 livestreams and maybe realize how much they're adding to the game, including to introduction of a real story somewhere around E3 (hopefully). Along with another massive update.........yeah.......go watch the livestream and read the hotfix notes, they're doing more, and are far more active with the community than any other MMO I've ever played.......so yeah

My feelings exactly. I really feel like DE listens far more than most dev's but people seem to take advantage of that. If changes aren't immediate the sky is falling. If you can't wait a month or so for big changes to be implemented then you're not going to have a good time in any beta.

so i play this game now for some days and im allmost at lvl 30 with my weapons and warframe now i have to sit here and wait for a alert mision to pop up or the login reward to drop a damn potatoe.

why can i not advance in the game on my own?

hell i would lvl my warframe to 60 if i could, now i have to wait for a very random thing to happen that then suddely gives me double the power and lets me finaly play on.

i get that this game is totaly based on stupid grinding but why can i then not grind past this point of no advance?

there needs to be a way to get the potatoes with grinding not just with waiting.

now i see why its easy to find a squad at low lvl but the closer you get to 30 the harder it gets in my expiriance because the closer ppl are to lvl 30 the more they will tend to just log in once a day to see if they got a potato and if not just log off as there is no point of playing in this useless gap you can only wait it out.

if this will not change you have to admit this game is pay-to-simply-play not free-to-play at all not even talking about pay-to-win it is simply pay-to-play.

Warframes only level to rank 30.  Once you supercharge it, it just gets double the mod points you can spend.  I don't understand this argument.  With the introduction of forma, depending on how many you have, you might not even need to supercharge a warframe.  It's frustrating for sure, that the RNG seems whacked, and the fact that reactors and catalysts only pop up in a blue moon is aggravating.  I do agree the RNG needs some touching as well as drop rates.

But I don't understand how this is a pay-to-play game.  There's no monthly charge for an account, there's no VIP/free account difference.  There's no VIP account at all.  The only things that Plat can get you that grinding can't are different color palettes, superficial enhancements to sentinels and cred/affinity boosters. Yes some things take pure dumb luck of being online at the right time or hounding twitter for alerts, I understand this.

As far as grinding goes, I've said my piece much to the dismay of others so I'll leave it alone. 

Its a pay-to-speed-things-up game for sure.  I think the best way to handle this is keep playing for a bit and see if you think it's worth a $5-10 investment. 

Edited by FriedAlbacore

mods are your biggest source of progress. and generally takes longer than getting potatoes. go farm for those.

This. Mods are the main source of power in this game, and until you're sitting on high level mods and are still waiting for specific mods to drop, you're fine. The mods themselves can be rare but they drop enough that upgrading them isn't so random.

I don't see how them asking you to pay or farm is pay to play? You don't pay, you have to farm. You want to save yourself some time? You have to pay. Your argument is basically "If everything in this game was free and easy to get I'd pay for it."

Tell us, how do we farm catalysts and reactors again?

You wait for an alert and go complete it before the time expires. Tell me how waiting is forcing you to pay?

It's not. I think that's the entire point. Have you ever heard of a game where if you're playing it one of the main ways to get stronger in said game is to in fact not play at all? You just wait?

In warframe, if you can't afford to spend money, the most efficient way to get stronger is to not play at all. Makes all kinds of sense if you ask me.

That's essentially what you're saying and is the most backwards logic I've ever heard.

Edited by f3llyn