Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Relays, Bsods And Gpu Memory

Myrvair

Didn't send that as ticket since it is something that can be avoided through regular game/computer reset, however it's still quite bothersome and detracts from enjoyment of the game.

Both me and my acquaintance with whom I regularly play the game experienced certain issues when it comes to graphics in some of the locations, despite our rigs varying quite much in age. For example, relays, even those without players are quite laggy for both of us and just in my case (as I sport hardware only slightly above minimum requirements listed in the FAQ), they're a common culprit (though not the only one) of BSOD informing me that the OS stopped everything to prevent hardware damage and listing infinite loop as the source of the issue. If I am unlucky enough to experience freezing yet lucky enough to not receive BSOD straight away, sometimes game works after 20 or so seconds - but models disappear (I see background, flames and other effects, just no characters, props, corridors etc) till either I'll leave the location (almost always, again, a relay) or restart the game.

The longer I play without game's reset, the higher the chance that the issue will happen.

Yes, I have the newest drivers (as dated as they are for my line of GeForce) and no other program, including games theoretically more demanding than Warframe cause similar issues. I should point out that outside of this sudden freezing/crashing the game works surprisingly well.

I write to simply get attention of the devteam, asking for some optimization of resource allocation/cleaning, especially in regards connected to graphics.

Warframe is a user-mode program and cannot BSoD your machine.  If there's bugs in your drivers Warframe can try to avoid triggering them by disabling features or changing game code (the devs have had to do this once or twice in the past until Nvidia/ATi fixed said bugs), but for legacy drivers (which will not have these bugs fixed, ever) I don't think it's going to happen.

Regardless, upload the minidumps of crashes while running Warframe for us to check out?

C:\Windows\Minidump\ is where they should be.  Can use a site like filedropper.com or whatever you like.

1/26/2016 10:09:47 AM

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

0x1000007e (0xc0000005, 0xbd2a6980, 0xaef45618, 0xaef45314)

nv4_disp.dll+294980

1/27/2016 2:35:50 PM

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

0x100000ea (0x89feb388, 0x88964780, 0xf78becbc, 0x00000001)

win32k.sys+5a689 (and nv4_disp.dll+a50a8)

What video card, what driver model?

The minimum requirement is for performance and supported feature set, the stability of your card or the Nvidia drivers is not something that determines.

Do you know anybody else that's experiencing this on the same driver version and can get dumps?

I am aware what minimum requirements mean, merely pointing that out in case it seemed like I am someone with greatly underperforming, unsupported hardware expecting people to work so the game will work how I want it to.

As for BSODs, I was researching (googling) potential causes and issues like these trying first to resolve the problem myself and while there were a few cases of people reporting BSODs (and great many cases of people simply complaining about lack of stability, lag and poor performance when in relays or longer/more-enemies-populated missions) on different forums, reddit etc it was over years and by no one I personally know so I am afraid I cannot be of use here.

All I can say: time to upgrade your gaming rigs.

I run with a mediocre PC and no issues here. 

Carnaga, that's kinda the point - while oldish, my rig is somewhat above the minimum requirements and barring issues Rydian mentions, shouldn't be the cause (and actually when the game doesn't freeze and/or crash, it runs pretty smoothly). It's that random crashing/freezing for no apparent reason that's a bother, especially when it makes it problematic to access certain basic gameplay features at times.

Edited by Myrvair

Carnaga, that's kinda the point - while oldish, my rig is somewhat above the minimum requirements and when the game doesn't freeze and/or crash, it runs pretty smoothly. It's that random crashing/freezing for no apparent reason that's a bother, especially when it makes it problematic to access certain basic gameplay features at times.

When I browse the forums I see few threads and lot of people who are experiencing issues with nVidia (display driver stopped working, crashes etc). So I presume you are not alone with this problem. Mega thread here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/445599-game-crashes-nvidia-display-driver-april-2015/

When warframe was introduced as public game I had core2duo processor and GTX 460 (both mid-low range at the time). I experienced a-lot of random crashes. If they would have introduced the relays and 8 man missions back then I would have gone crazy! Bit later I got Core2quad Q9950 from my friend (he upgraded to LGA1150) and I bought GTX 750Ti to pair them and pretty much everything worked fluently. No freezes and no crashes caused by Warframe.

And honestly, my friends were laughing for me when I played Witcher 3 with that setup :D But warframe became something amazing with the "hardware upgrade" and specially cause it didn't crash like previously (eg. to nova boom or in the relays or in raids or in dark sectors). It was like another game with all the maxed graphic's. And now we are talking about my old low end computer. To finish the story the mobo broke (5-6 years old) and I tried to hunt extremely cheap lga775 but none available. So now I'm using a mid-range rig in standards of 2016.

When DE introduced Acolytes I started to suffer with these Micro Freezes. This was partially corrected with the 18.4.4 update. Haven't yet tested the 18.4.5 update. 

Edited by carnaga