The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brand Spanking New To Warframe And Lost....

Ryuwolf

Question

So I am very new to warframe, played a few missions, left for a while and now have come back, I must admit there is so much to the game it all seems a little overwhelming at the beginning and with that comes lots of questions, that would help alot if they were answered, so any help is appreciated. See questions below:

1) What is Prime Access? See if plastered everywhere is it worth getting?

2) I want to support Digital Extremes by spending some money on platinum what would be best for a new person to get from the shop? I don't want to invest in stuff that can be easily obtained in game or won't help me level up quickly etc. 

3) Is there a linear path to doing missions? Or some idea of what is best to do when? I played a few missions and left the game for couple of months, and now I am back I am a little lost on what planet to go to? I am level 11. Or if there is a best method of completing the missions? I think I tried some story mission last night that popped up and I got absolutely tank rolled....so I was like...why would that come up if I am clearly not capable of completing it?

4) What is the endgame? I believe its farming for all the warframes, weapons etc a little like grinding for legendaries in Diablo 3, is that correct? That's cool with me but wanted to make sure that's what I am buying into

5) Is there a way to reset an account, so for example to start with a new warframe from fresh again? Because I can't see a way to do it unless I create a new account with a new email address etc

A great game just feel a little lost at the moment

Any help is appreciated, thanks

11 answers to this question

1) prime access is essentially you pay real money to get immediate access to the latest warframe and various equipment that comes with the package.  https://warframe.com/prime-access-faq

2)  Personally I would go for an orokian reactor or catalyst (they add more mod space to which ever weapon or warframe you add it to)  and warframe slots so that you can have more warframes.

3)There is no real official linear path to doing missions.  It's pretty much do whatever suites your needs.  The story missions are kinda just there I suppose for lack of better words.  It is up to you to decide when you want to do these missions.  I think that you got tank rolled probably because you have been away and are a little rusty. 

4) endgame now entails 8 player raids, pvp conclave, or farming for prime parts in the void.

5)I believe the only way to start over is to create a new account.  I personally don't know if there is an alternate method to starting over. 

I hope this helps you and I hope you enjoy the game once more.  Good luck Tenno.  :)

To answer a question from you if you buy platinum spend it on warframe slots and weapon slots and perhaps on sentinel slots.

You can also get platinum by trading with other players.

The main point of the game is to farm all the things. If you do missions on the star chart you can unlock new ones and new planets.

Prime access is a way to get the newest prime frame and newest prime weapons and a lot of platinum. Prime warframes and prime weapons are also farmable in void missions.

Prime access does have some exclusive items like the profile icons and accessories.

1) prime access is essentially you pay real money to get immediate access to the latest warframe and various equipment that comes with the package.  https://warframe.com/prime-access-faq

2)  Personally I would go for an orokian reactor or catalyst (they add more mod space to which ever weapon or warframe you add it to)  and warframe slots so that you can have more warframes.

3)There is no real official linear path to doing missions.  It's pretty much do whatever suites your needs.  The story missions are kinda just there I suppose for lack of better words.  It is up to you to decide when you want to do these missions.  I think that you got tank rolled probably because you have been away and are a little rusty. 

4) endgame now entails 8 player raids, pvp conclave, or farming for prime parts in the void.

5)I believe the only way to start over is to create a new account.  I personally don't know if there is an alternate method to starting over. 

I hope this helps you and I hope you enjoy the game once more.  Good luck Tenno.  :)

THIS... 

2) Don't forgot weapon slots if you want to keep more weapons.

For question 2, I would keep watching your daily login reward for a play discount. You can get 20%, 50%, and 75% off a plat purchase. 1000 plat for 12 bucks can help you get going without much $$ investment. I use it to buy slots and in the market for prime frames and mods.

Edited for double post.

Edited by djscoggins

To be honest, the best thing you can do is join an active clan with helpful members. They will be able to guide you through early game, answer any quick question and help fill in the gaps created by the nature game progression. Not to mention give you some free swag along the way ;)

Just wanted to elaborate:

1) I would recommend Prime Access if you are planning on buying platinum. The Prime Access bundles have an even better discount to platinum then the platinum packs themselves unless you compare it to a possible 50-75% dicount that you rarely recieve by logging in.

2) Orokin Reactors/Catalyts are indeed a necessity along with Frame/Weapon slots. Boosters are imo only worth the platinum if there is a booster weekend with which these boosters combine for a 4x multiplier. Trading with platinum can be worth it just do some research in the prices and drop chances in game to find out what you should get that way. In all cases don't buy mod or credit packs, weapons/frames unless you dont care :)

3) Im guessing by level 11 you mean your Warframe xp level. A common mistake new players make when seeing the level description on a mission node is thinking that means its recommended for that level warframe the player has. This is not the case, it tells you what level enemies you can expect. You will find out by yourself what level enemies are easy/hard for you. I would say level 1-30 should be doable by everyone, up to about 100 is midgame and higher is end game never ending mission types.

Completing all planet missions will give you a small amount of XP towards your mastery rank (profile level). But the developers are planning to change the whole star chart so I would recommend finding out what planets/nodes are important for playing certain missions, alerts, and getting certain resources.

4) Getting all weapons/frames and leveling them to 30 will give you the highest mastery rank (profile level). This is one form of end-game.

End games missions entail raids (8 player missions with unique rewards), sorties (24hour daily 3-part missions with semi-unique rewards), and setting records on certain 'never-ending' increasingly higher enemy level mission types (survival, defense, interception)

PVP is a personal thing, try it out I would say.

5) Only once before the devs have given everyone a chance to reset their account within a limited time frame. They even gave everyone who did this their their bought platinum back (not earned within trading mind you)

It is expected that they will offer this again in the future and it has been a while so it could be near future. They might combine it with a account migration (switching between PC/PS4/xbone) but nobody is sure when they can actually pull that off.

You can also make an account and then switch emails. There is no option for this in game or on the website. You need to actually submit a support ticket and answere their security questions to get this done. The questions will be like: How long does your account exist? Have u ever bought plat with discount? Whats the last thing you traded in game? and so on. They do this to counter account selling and ensure that it is actually your account for which you are changing email adress.

ALSO I would recommend you to join a clan. This helps sooo much for new players and brings this coop game to its true potential. I think you will find the community most helpful in answering questions and most high-level pro players have no problem helping you through some missions you need help on.

gl hf out there

Quick reply to q 2

You can get almost everything for free in warframe (though some of it can be very grindy) The only thing that you must spend plat on to acquire are inventory slots (for frames and weapons).

Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of things I find worthwhile spending plat on - it's just that slots are unique in that respect. I caught myself out in my early days by spending plat on catalysts etc then had an oops moment when I discovered I had filled my slots and run out of plat. Obviously this is easily sorted but can cause an unnecessary hiccup in proceedings!

Have Fun :)

Only have some advice for 2.  Definitely catalysts and reactors, and slots for weapons and frames.  

Depending on the amount of plat you purchase, however, you might want to save some, and go into the trading channel.  Some of the basic mods (multishot on primary and secondary , for example) can be pretty hard to acquire for newer players, but vets have them coming out of their ears.  Fleeting Expertise is another mod that's very, very key in a lot of builds.  If you decide to do this, check https://warframe.market/  and be very careful in trading - sit for literally an hour or two in trade chat, just watching the prices to get an idea so you don't get taken for a ride.  On PS4 (PC has some inflation for stabilized items compared to us in most cases), for example, you could get Fleeting Expertise, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, and Barrel Diffusion for probably right around 50p.  Shred and Lethal Torrent would cost you another 20-30, which is the typical price of Heavy Caliber (the only mod in that list that is not used in almost all cases).

You will get all this stuff eventually, but having it at the beginning makes a very noticeable difference, and paradoxically helps to get to a point where getting such things is an easy task.

Join a clan, period.

-They will most definitely give you the best starting guidance and explanations.

Once you finished your starter story missions, then you may want to unlock every node of planet earth by playing it and then move to the next one around it. This will teach you the mission types and enemy factions.

Buy Prime Access, and if you can afford it the Accessories pack, which will give you a 3 month xp booster which makes a huge difference. Depending on level you buy, it will also get you a Prime Frame, in this case Trinity which is highly sought after all the time for all missions as she is the healer / energy frame for groups.

Always level your frame / weapon to level 30 first before discarding it, no matter how crappy it is. Your Mastery Rank is based off how much of the game you have experienced and you get xp towards that when you level any and all weapons / frames to 30.

A clan will also help you with how to get the parts for other frames and the support to do what you need.