The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice Appreciated: Starting With Loki In Second Dream

(PSN)alcantra

Question

Hi everyone,

So I've just started playing this game again after a while, and logged in to see a completely unlevelled Loki frame. From what I can gather, I must have played enough to pick a frame and then didn't touch it again.

I'm getting through content with him but I'm struggling to enjoy his gameplay mechanics at this stage. I'm sure that things like Radial Disarm and Invisibility become useful later, but at the moment it's very underwhelming. From the research I've done online, apparently he's better with mods? The problem there of course is that I don't own any substantial mods - I'm just replacing the "Damaged" mods now. Heck, I don't even have Mastery rank 2 yet to get to trading.

I completely understand that they removed him from the starting frames for that reason, but I'm assuming I can't just "start again" on PS4. 

So I guess my questions would be: What would be the community's recommendations for enjoying Loki as a new player in the current console content? If it would be advisable to use a different frame, which one would be best and actually possible for me to get early?

Thanks for your help.

6 answers to this question

well, durability, range, and efficiency mods are best for loki

always slap a vitality and a redirection and your frame

ignore power strength mods entirely for loki, they do nothing to him.

he's pretty meh early game, but he scales well with the enemy because his abilities dont revolve around damage numbers.

Alright so I guess the answer is to stop playing.

Loki isn't fun to me, and the only way to get mods to make him fun is to grind out the only un-fun character that I own. Right. Negative feedback loop and all that. I specifically asked for how to make Loki enjoyable for a new player, so unless I can turn my 600 "Pressure Point" mods into something you've mentioned, I'm SOL.

I'll reiterate:

1. Is there a way of actually making Loki more manageable and enjoyable as a NEW PLAYER with NO RESOURCES?

2. If the only answer is mods, what is the best way for a NEW PLAYER with NO RESOURCES who is NOT ENJOYING THEIR FRAME to actually obtain those mods?

3. If the answer is another frame, what is the best way for a NEW PLAYER with NO RESOURCES to access something a little more newbie-friendly, as you cannot restart a PS4 Warframe account?

Let me just start by saying sorry you are having a tough (not enjoyable) time.  Loki is by far my most used frame along with frost, valkyr, ember, nova, and occasionally a nekros or hydroid for farming resources or mods.

In the beginning of the game you aren't going to have a lot of the mods necessary to make the warframes more survivable and more fun.  So for now you'll have to just keep grinding it out at least until you can trade.  I would suggest joining a clan.  One that is willing to help new players.  I am MR20 and I help the new players out in my clan with the basic mods that they can use right away (continuity, intensify, stretch, vigor, armored agility, etc).  Clan members could also help you farm a new frame and the resources to craft it.  Ember, valkyr, mag, excalibur, are all easy to farm and there are also three frames (volt, banshee, and zepher) for purchase with credits in the dojo.  So again. if you haven't already, find a clan and go that will open up a lot more of the game right away for you.  But now back to Loki...

Loki in general is going to be best used (and maybe enjoyed) using the invisibility ability (2nd ability) with the occasional disarm (4th) thrown in there.  Once invisible your survivability goes way up plus added bonus of stealth kills.  Invisibility on a maxed ranked loki is only 12sec, so yes you will need some duration mods at some point.  There's continuity (primed also), constitution (nightmare mod), and narrowminded (vault or corrupted mod) which are not too difficult to acquire once you've been playing for a while.  Add a hushed invisibility augment (sydicate reward) mod and enemies won't even know where to look for you.  Again either trade or clan member can help with these mods sometimes.

If you're just looking for a fun frame that's easy to acquire early on, shoot for ember or excalibur.  Excalibur is probably most popular, but ember is great to.  Both are damage based frames that are fun to play.  Excalibur also has some good crowd control with his radial blind ability.

BOTTOM LINE:  This game centers around farming (lots of farming, I me a LOT) and mods.  So I hope you don't get too discouraged and seek some help from a friend or a clan to jump start your game.  And if you don't like Loki, try one of the others mentioned and have some fun trying new weapons and frames.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that response, it's helped a lot.

I'm okay with the grind, I jumped into Warframe fully expecting it.  I guess it's just been very draining to play lower level, more scripted content with Loki, as it feels like it's built for damage-based characters more than anything. I kept reading all this stuff about using Invisibility as Loki's primary tactic, but at the moment mine is like 6 seconds in duration which is nothing, hah.

I'll take a look into clans, and see if I can get some friends into it as well. I tend to be the one "testing the waters", so to speak, so I just want to try and have a good experience under my belt before I go back to promote it.

I think I'm going to focus on getting another frame first, Ember seems like an alright goal to shoot for. I just don't think I can keep with Loki from the tutorials through to vault/nightmare tasks, especially with lacking mods.