The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crashes With "nvidia Drivers Stopped Working" Can't See War#####

Aure7

After getting rid of Physx related crashes game is still trolling me by throwing resources and mods away.
My Nvidia drivers stops working, recovers but the game is frozen in the background and not responding and no crash report window pops up. These crashes have been frequent for like a day, then checking game cache trough launcher helped and made them rarer, 1 crash per 2-3 hours of gameplay (but still VERY FRUSTRATING)

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 3570 (stays at low temp, 55C-60C max I think)
GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1Gb (stays cool too, framerate is very clean and high at maxed settings and temp never goes above 50C)
8 Gb RAM
600 W power supply http://www.chieftec..../gps-600a8.html

Any way I can know the WAR number so I can post it?

If it helps in any way, crysis 2 makes my drivers crash too sometimes but it recovers in midgame and I can continue playing. I've heard though that it might be related to crysis 2 itself.

Don't know how much exactly of the EE file i should be posting but here it is. The code after this seems to be related to various disconnections because last time it crashed i was hosting. I've also cut out the IP addresses of some kind from here.

3475.886 Sys [Error]: Failed to unregister auto-kill entity: SalvagePickup (no registration)3476.181 Sys [Error]: Failed to unregister auto-kill entity: BioFragmentPickup (no registration)3481.964 Gfx [Error]: Dx11TextureMgr::Present() failed, hr = 0x887A00053481.964 Gfx [Error]: Present returned DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG3482.073 Net [Info]: Sending presence to  ()3482.073 Net [Info]: Sending presence to  ()3482.073 Net [Info]: Sending presence to  ()3482.073 Net [Info]: Sending presence to  ()3482.078 Gfx [Warning]: ResetDriver called on: Dx11Driver3482.078 Net [Info]: Dx11 Driver Failure
Edited by Aure7

There's no way to get the WAR number if the crash reporter isn't triggered, as far as I know. However, you could examine your EE.log file for hints about what caused the crash. It's located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Warframe.

In my case, I had an isolated crash that also crashed the graphics driver. No crash reporter, so I made a support ticket describing what I was doing in-game at the time it occurred, included a small excerpt of the EE.log, and attached the full EE.log and my dxdiag report. I don't know if this is the most effective avenue to report such things, but it seemed preferable to not reporting the problem at all.

Maybe the next time you have this type of crash, you could search EE.log for "Gfx [Error]" or "Driver Failure" and post a small excerpt with the lines that seem relevant to help narrow down the issue. Bearing in mind the stickied post in this section cautioning about posting full logs with IP addresses and such, of course. Example:

4084.629 Gfx [Info]: IDXGISwapChain::Present(0) returned 0x887A00054084.629 Gfx [Error]: Dx11TextureMgr::Present() failed, hr = 0x887A00054084.629 Gfx [Error]: Present returned DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG[...]4084.635 Net [Info]: Dx11 Driver Failure

the driver stop responding is sometime due to power saving

you have to make a profil for warframe in the nividia control panel and select max performance mode

that way it won't go into 2d mode and crash

I did, as well as other things mentioned in the hardware failure warframe page which opens after the crash.

Same issue for me. Same graphics card. I had no issue before the patch today. I have been playing 8-10 hours a day in many cases for the past two weeks without so much as a hiccup. Since the patch it's crashed like this twice, and both later into the evening when it was cooler outside. The hardware is all about six months old, and none of it tests badly, my drivers were updated after the first crash. 

Is 0x887A0005 a texture it's referencing? That exact same reference is in all of the logs posted here, and seems to be the first line of errors.

12171.898 Gfx [Error]: Dx11TextureMgr::Present() failed, hr = 0x887A000512171.898 Gfx [Error]: Present returned DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG12172.509 Gfx [Warning]: ResetDriver called on: Dx11Driver12172.509 Net [Info]: Dx11 Driver Failure12172.634 Sys [Info]: Texture streaming NORMAL -> DISABLED [Heap: 564,973,824/632,750,080]12172.635 Sys [Info]: Initiating fast shutdown12172.740 Sys [Info]: ClientImpl::DisconnectEndSessionCallback12172.740 Net [Info]: RemovePlayerFromSession(mm=)12172.740 Net [Info]: MatchingService::DeleteSession12172.740 Net [Info]: Deleted session12172.740 Sys [Info]: ClientImpl::DisconnectDeleteSessionCallback
Edited by Zamte